The L-cysteine is helping my hair grow

elaine

I have been taking L-cysteine for almost a month. I received my relaxer and a trim on the day I started taking them. I have noticed about 1/4 inch growth just by taking (1)500 mg (and taking 1000mg of vitamin c). I am using the Twinlab 500mg. Is anyone having success with the L-cysteine? Has anyone tried the Puritan Pride version of the amino? If it is working also, then I will switch because I paid $15.00 for Twinlab.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to scan in.

YuNg

i dont quite understand are you saying you got 1/4 in a day? or 1/4 in a month because 1/4 a month is less than average.

elaine

I'm sorry, it was 1/4 per month, but I need to explain that I take medication that usually makes my hair shed and my hair never seems to grow. So for the average person that may be slow growth, but for me it is actually an accomplishment.

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, it was 1/4 per month, but I need to explain that I take medication that usually makes my hair shed and my hair never seems to grow. So for the average person that may be slow growth, but for me it is actually an accomplishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/4 inch is still more than some women get, so for that I say congratulations. Every little bit helps.

Tebby

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
I have been taking L-cysteine for almost a month. I received my relaxer and a trim on the day I started taking them. I have noticed about 1/4 inch growth just by taking (1)500 mg (and taking 1000mg of vitamin c). I am using the Twinlab 500mg. Is anyone having success with the L-cysteine? Has anyone tried the Puritan Pride version of the amino? If it is working also, then I will switch because I paid $15.00 for Twinlab.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to scan in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just started using this supplement too. Mine are from GNC. How many tablets do you get in a bottle? Just curious, because I am trying to take 2000mg a day.

Ballet Bun ...

elaine

The bottle of Twinlab contains 60 tablets. I started taking 1 per day as not to greatly interfere with the medication I take now. It is 500mg. I wanted to try Twinlab brand because I know they are a high quality brand. I am still interested in the Puritan Pride brand because of the cost. I would be a little cautious in taking that much (4?)if you have never taken them before make sure you take vitamin C with them. Good luck I hope your results are more exciting than mine.

Kitkat

Congrats to you, Elaine!!
We can generally expect 1/4 to 1/2 inch of growth per month, maybe more depending on many things, so I agree with Tebby that this is a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work and stay positive.

YuNg

oh i wasnt trying to be mean sorry if i did sound that way. I didnt know your hair was growing less than 1/4 before congrats.

elaine

Please keep me informed on the Puritan Pride Brand, I have a little less than a month supply left and this brand can get very expensive

elaine

Oh no it is quite alright. I feel that every bit of advice helps and I was very clear in the beginning about the reason I had such slow growth. I am pretty sure that someone else thought the same thing. I am glad that you spoke up before someone else received the wrong impression about the L-cysteine. If you don't ask, you won't know.

dahllia

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't ask, you won't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is soooo true....
Congrats, I hope things continue to go well for you

Teva

congratulations Elaine.

Imagine what it would be like if you didn't take medication. Well at least you can still see growth now. Good for you.

kandyland

I've been taking the L-cysteine and it makes me break out
........I even went to Atlanta for a week, started taking them again to see if it really was that and I started breaking out again....
....So I'm taking them anymore....I'll just eat the egg whites.....If anyone wants the Lcysteine.....I'll be happy to trade........

elaine

I am sorry that you had a break out due to the L-cysteine. Did you take any b vitamins or vitamin c with it? Maybe everyone reacts differently to the ingredients in them. I have been using the free form L-cysteine that has no rice added to it. However within the past couple of days, my scalp has been itching tremendously. Please let me know what type of L-cysteine you have and I may be able to purchase them from you depending upon brand.

kandyland

elaine,
I bought the Puritan pride L-cysteine. It was 3 for the price of one....I think I paid $10.49 for it...50 capsules in each bottle.....500 mg per capsule. I was taking it with vitamin C...2 vitamin C per/1 L-cysteine. You don't have to pay me anything....if u want them they're yours. I agree with you everyone's body is different......all the vitamins I added to my regimen have agreed with me....even the biotin...alot of people said the biotin broke them out but it didn't break me out but the Lcysteine....