How fast does your hair grow?

angelhairtype4

One of my inspirations that prompted me to go on this journey of reaching my longest possible length, were youtube length comparisons. Youtubers like kimmaytube had length check comparison pics, and I was always so amazed to see their retention. It motivated me to learn more about my hair and start my own hair journey. It wasn't until this year that I actually got serious and started to take pics of my progress and setbacks. Well I was going through my photos and I put together my length checks so far for the year 2013. I have had 2 setbacks this year, but I am pleased at the progress I have made so far. It's pretty interesting when you look back and see all your progress. This is the longest my hair has every been and I plan on growing it as long...and healthy lol...as I can.

So...my question.
Ladies do you know how fast your hair grows?
Do you think your hair grows slow or fast?
If you have pics please share for motivation :)

Attachments

• Length-check-comparison.jpg
    Length-check-comparison.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 129

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thanks for sharing. Your hair is gorgeous first off and congrats on your progress. I don't have any comparison pics but I feel like I'm a slow grower. I've learned to some what accept that lol.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Lilmama1011

I think I'm normal but sometimes I claim fast. Like in the eight grade when I first got my relaxer, my hair was to my chin, a month later it was touching my shoulders. I didn't even notice until I realized me and my best friend hair started off the same length and went past hers. The same thing happened in college. I cut my hair because my dumb butt flat ironed my damp hair rushing to meet my SO at the time(btw I never had issues with split ends before, like I literally never saw any and had a girl tell me that as well) anyway from then on my ends were so split, like almost everywhere. I had my best friend's sister cut my hair (which she did not want to do because she wanted me to keep the length but I insisted) my hair grew back so fast! So it depends, I sometimes say average or fast. I had a major setback in January where my hair broke off and I was cutting little by little until I chopped off the back to like 2 inches, I wild of been so embarrassed if someone saw collarbone length hair in the front and very short hair in the back. But it grew back almost even in like two months, it's still slightly shorter but its a dramatic difference, my hair is different lengths now in the back but touches my back. I think when I get cuts, my hair grows faster than when it already has length

candie19

Your growth! :congrats:

My hair thrived in the Middle East. It was mainly because I kept it cornrolled and moisturized in 100+ degree weather. I was growing 1 inch a month with no effort. Now that I'm in the states I'm trying to do everything in my power to get an inch a month and I can't. I'm back to 1/2 a month. So I'm an average grower.

Lilmama1011

One of my inspirations that prompted me to go on this journey of reaching my longest possible length, were youtube length comparisons. Youtubers like kimmaytube had length check comparison pics, and I was always so amazed to see their retention. It motivated me to learn more about my hair and start my own hair journey. It wasn't until this year that I actually got serious and started to take pics of my progress and setbacks. Well I was going through my photos and I put together my length checks so far for the year 2013. I have had 2 setbacks this year, but I am pleased at the progress I have made so far. It's pretty interesting when you look back and see all your progress. This is the longest my hair has every been and I plan on growing it as long...and healthy lol...as I can.

So...my question.
Ladies do you know how fast your hair grows?
Do you think your hair grows slow or fast?
If you have pics please share for motivation :)

did you trim in June or just caught up or is it that you grabbed more hair, it thickened up

angelhairtype4

I think I'm normal but sometimes I claim fast. Like in the eight grade when I first got my relaxer, my hair was to my chin, a month later it was touching my shoulders. I didn't even notice until I realized me and my best friend hair started off the same length and went past hers. The same thing happened in college. I cut my hair because my dumb butt flat ironed my damp hair rushing to meet my SO at the time(btw I never had issues with split ends before, like I literally never saw any and had a girl tell me that as well) anyway from then on my ends were so split, like almost everywhere. I had my best friend's sister cut my hair (which she did not want to do because she wanted me to keep the length but I insisted) my hair grew back so fast! So it depends, I sometimes say average or fast. I had a major setback in January where my hair broke off and I was cutting little by little until I chopped off the back to like 2 inches, I wild of been so embarrassed if someone saw collarbone length hair in the front and very short hair in the back. But it grew back almost even in like two months, it's still slightly shorter but its a dramatic difference, my hair is different lengths now in the back but touches my back. I think when I get cuts, my hair grows faster than when it already has length

To the bolded...
My hair is the same way. When I cut my hair off it was a few inches away from its original length by the same time next year. I know trimming doesn't make your hair grow, but I wonder if cutting your hair when it is in its resting phase automatically causes it to go into its growing/anagen phase.

angelhairtype4

did you trim in June or just caught up or is it that you grabbed more hair, it thickened up

I trimmed before taking my September length check picture. I would say September I became full apl/bsb length. In June I was barely grazing apl/bsb. I was holding on by a strand :look:.

angelhairtype4

Your growth! :congrats:

My hair thrived in the Middle East. It was mainly because I kept it cornrolled and moisturized in 100+ degree weather. I was growing 1 inch a month with no effort. Now that I'm in the states I'm trying to do everything in my power to get an inch a month and I can't. I'm back to 1/2 a month. So I'm an average grower.

I know what you mean. My hair's needs change with the climate. During the winter if I don't use heavy butters my hair will dry out quick. Hotter times I can get away with just an oil. I liken it to the sun doing a hot oil treatment on my head.

BonBon

Weird I always worried that I was slow but when I checked my pictures last time I get 1/2, or more.

I'm convinced that some parts grow slower than others though.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I am a slow grower. I need to protect every mm I get. I probably retained 4 inches in my nape this year and that is with 100% protective styling.

bludaydreamer

I am officially as slow grower. My hair only grows 1/4 inch a month. I kept braids in for four months so I could measure the new growth and confirm. Im okay with my growth rate, but I did have to go to only protective styling so that I could achieve maximum retention.

Ravenhairedbeauty

I'm an average grower 1/2" a month although last month I got an inch, but I think it was from the hair vitamins, scalp massages two times a day and moisturizing and sealing every night with evoo and jbco. I would like to get an inch every month but I'm worn out from all the work I did last month so I'm taking a break.

ManeStreet

I usually grow 1/2 inch. A few months in the year I get 3/4 inch & 1/4 inch. So I think it all averages out 1/2 inch overall.

daae

My hair does not grow fast.

I am at year 3 and im barely at APL. The front on my hair is really short for some reason

I'ONO WHAT TO DO!

naija24

I'm not sure. I go from bald to shoulder length in a year usually and this year I am about the same length I was by December 2011 but 4 months sooner so maybe my hair is growing faster than before?