Hair ANOREXIA - do you have it??

kurlybella

okay, i've heard a lot about this hair anorexia, and i now know i'm sufferer i guess. :blush:

i was taking pics the other day to update my blog about shrinkage and i just couldn't get over how short my hair was.

are there any other ladies that have this "i think my hair is a lot shorter than it is?"

to explain it, it's like overall i FEEL that my hair is shoulder length, even though it's obviously not! :ohwell:

i guess i just want it to keep growing and growing. i think maybe my shrinkage has a lot to do with this too.

oh well.

Last edited:

ayoung

Yep, I do. But I think once I hit the length that 'I' like and think is long, i'll be ok.
Once I hit BSL, i'm good :yep: i won't feel bald :lol:

leona2025

I'm a sufferer too. It seems like my hair never grows and I am forever at apl. My family always tells me my hair is getting long, but when I look in the mirror I feel so disappointed.

P

Paradox

I just have alot of hair regret which results in me not being happy with my hair length.
I wish I would not have done this
I should not have done that
I should have done this more
I should have been more consistent with this

Marand13

I suffer from hair anorexia! I hardly ever see my true length and I sometimes think that I havent gotten anywhere...

But then when I decide to straighten it out every few months or so I can see that it has grown alot more than i thought!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yep. I have it bad too. Hopefully when I reach BSB, it'll go away. I doubt it, though :perplexed

me-T

I just have alot of hair regret which results in me not being happy with my hair length.
I wish I would not have done this
I should not have done that
I should have done this more
I should have been more consistent with this

EXACTLY!!!

plastic

are there any other ladies that have this "i think my hair is a lot shorter than it is?"

to explain it, it's like overall i FEEL that my hair is shoulder length, even though it's obviously not! :ohwell:

i guess i just want it to keep growing and growing. i think maybe my shrinkage has a lot to do with this too.

oh well.

Same here , my hair feels like SL , even when I look in the mirror. I'm obviously APL+ , but it doesn't look that way or feel that way. My last goal was MBL ... but if this is what APL+ feels like .. im guessing i have to get to HL to feel even remotely close to BSL

Last edited:

cmw45

yep. i got it. i think once it fully covers the girls i will be good, prolly another 2 - 3 inches.

*Rolls eyes at FlawedBeauty and her long hair*

Yup...I also just feel like my whole life would be better if my hair was BSL length partially stretched. I know, Ca-razeee!

prospurr4

I totally understand..and yes, I have it to. I'm now at full midback length but, IDK, that length does not appear that long on me.:nono: I won't be satisfied until year-end when I should be at waistlength.

MizAvalon

Yes, I definitely have hair anorexia. No matter how long it is, it never appears that way and no matter how long it gets, I don't ever think it will be long enough.:ohwell:

The shrinkage is what makes it hard.

JustKiya

Yes, I definitely have hair anorexia. No matter how long it is, it never appears that way and no matter how long it gets, I don't ever think it will be long enough.:ohwell:

The shrinkage is what makes it hard.

Exactly. I wasn't sure if I had it, but over the last few weeks, it's become clear - I - I don't know if I'll ever really feel like my hair is long. I'm hoping that once I reach a good stretched APL, I'll feel like I'm at least working with a little somethinsomething....

kblc06

I feel your pain. My hair is 0.5 inches from BSL and some parts are grazing ( I also wear my bra low) and to me it barely feels like its apl. I mean I stretch and I can see its length, but the shrinkage f's with my mind and I'm like "where in the heck did my hair go" :-/

I won't be satisfied until it touches the small of my back and even then it probably won't be long enough

Toy

I am a sufferer i was trying to sign up for the midback challenge and the ladies had to tell me i had to join the waist length challenge,i just dont see it .that is sad:wallbash:

naturalmanenyc

Yep, I have it with my curly hair - shrinkage. Not so much with my flat ironed hair. But I will be wearing a natural phony pony for a while to help me get over it.

Irresistible

I think its shrinkage the f's with my mind too , I know I'm at waist but whats the point when it never appears that way? I want to be at waist unstretched bahahhahahaha, if that day ever comes???

Eisani

Yep, I do. But I think once I hit the length that 'I' like and think is long, i'll be ok.
Once I hit BSL, i'm good :yep: i won't feel bald :lol:

:nono: I doubt it. I thought the same thing. Even now that I'm MBL, I still feel like my hair isn't long. I'm kinda greedy so I'm going for WL. Hopefully I'll be satisfied...

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I have it. Sometimes I temporarily feel satisfied when my hair gets stuck under my arms or pocketbook. But, it still feels short. Yet, other women with shorter hair, looks longer than my own. I won't be happy until KCL (kneecap length). :look: