"Hair Anorexia" - Is this thing for real????

MariposaSexyGirl

Re: "Hair Anorexia" - Is this thing for real????

I am suffering from this too! I was just thinking this today. I wore it straight today and it feels short and not full enough. I can't wait until it gets some more length so my sides fall past my breast. And When I get actual hair cut my hair will feel fuller.

CHECKMATE!

We need some hair-esteem seriously,everyone who responded hair looks long to me....Sometime I think we are our own worst enemy:nono:...this board has set the bar so high that we dont beleive or hair is long,but everyone in the real world does...which arena "really" matters in the bigger scheme of the things? hmmm:rolleyes:

secretdiamond

I am suffering from this too! I was just thinking this today. I wore it straight today and it feels short and not full enough. I can't wait until it gets some more length so my sides fall past my breast. And When I get actual hair cut my hair will feel fuller.

Your post is my post. :lol: My sides need to grow more, they're APL now and have grown from bangs that were at my forehead, but I'm still not happy. I have hit BSL and I still get in awe of ppl I know who are APL. I LOVE my hair, but I don't think I'll be completely satisfied until it's WSL.

I don't feel like my hair is thick anymore either. I want a cut in 2 weeks. I don't have split ends & I will no longer be BSL, but I'm hoping it will make me feel better about my hair. But then I'll feel bad cuz it's even shorter :drunk:

Country gal

We need some hair-esteem seriously,everyone who responded hair looks long to me....Sometime I think we are our own worst enemy:nono:...this board has set the bar so high that we dont beleive or hair is long,but everyone in the real world does...which arena "really" matters in the bigger scheme of the things? hmmm:rolleyes:

Everyone thinks my hair is long or a nice length except me. I feel that I am so far away from having long hair. It comes from being on a board where long hair is praised and glorified. I don't pat myself on the back for at least getting to a great lenght and maintain healthy hair.

envybeauty

I see nothing wrong with wanting more than what I have now. I believe it is healthy for me to want more than what I have now. I want BSL. When I get there I will want MBL. Then, I may want to go natural. Who knows. Look how many women on here were relaxed and striving and then they decided to go natural. Lauren450 comes to mind....there is nothing wrong with setting goals for yourself and then reaching those goals to set some more. As much as we want long hair, I have yet to see a sista on here with ankle length hair.

FlawedBeauty

:stands up: Hi everyone, my name is Monique and I have hair anorexia. :ohwell:

LOL!

Yeah i still feel like my hair is short. I think once i'm BSL that it will seem long to me, or at least i hope so. :yep:

Moroni

:stands up: Hi everyone, my name is Monique and I have hair anorexia. :ohwell:

LOL!

Yeah i still feel like my hair is short. I think once i'm BSL that it will seem long to me, or at least i hope so. :yep:

Hi, Monique. My name is Moroni, and I'm a hair anorexic. *shhh!* :lachen: It's strange, because I'm less satisfied with my hair now than I was before joining LHCF. I won't wear my hair down much either, because I think it's too thin, too fine, too this or that! What to do? What to do? :look:

Hair anorexia is alive and well for me.

People tell me that my hair is long or got longer and I refuse sometimes angrily (don't ask me why) I feel like its no where compared to where I would like it to be. However, there are those VERY few moments or SPLIT seconds where I am happy with my length.

It's very weird and I want it to go away. lol I think if I could take myself out of my own body and watch myself pass by I might be able to realize anything about myself...

Cleve_gryl

Hi, Monique. My name is Moroni, and I'm a hair anorexic. *shhh!* :lachen: It's strange, because I'm less satisfied with my hair now than I was before joining LHCF. I won't wear my hair down much either, because I think it's too thin, too fine, too this or that! What to do? What to do? :look:
Me too...My hair feels like it doesn't grow to me at all. People tell me how long its getting, but I just don't feel it at all. I just don't think it will ever feel long to me.

MissM

I've had long hair all my life-BSL for the past 5 years but I don't feel that length on my back. I feel like it's just past my shoulders. Nice to read some of the posts of women w/longer hair and you guys feel the same way.

zzirvingj

***raises hand***

"My name is zzirvingj and I am a hair anorexic."

lol...

When I was APL I thought WL hair would be "IT" for me. Now that I'm slowly approaching WL I feel that WL's not enough for "ME" to consider "MY" hair long!? Is that crazy or what?? :blush::spinning::look: It just doesn't look as long to me as other people make it out to be.

NOW I feel like I would have to be past WL to really REALLY TRULY feel like I can say I've got LONG hair. Is it not healthy to think this way? Part of me says it's ok cause it's no different than setting a goal, reaching it, and then acquiring a new goal...?? Then again, another part of me sometimes thinks it's a never-ending cycle of me not being satisfied with where I'm at to begin with...??

Spongie Bloom

i definately relate to this since i relaxed my hair and its been long enoughfor a good pony tail i havent been wearing it down i think its too thin to be down i havent worn my hair down since my last retouch (december) and before that i was in braids for 3 months :sad: i think everyone here who has shorter or longer hair than me has more beautiful hair than me

naturalmanenyc

Yes, this is so true. I am going through this right now. I always thought APL was long but now that I am APL it does not seem long on my head.