Hair Anorexic??

FlawedBeauty

Is that what you ladies call it? Maybe I have it. I think i will straighten my hair tonight and take some pics. My hair still doesnt seem long to me. I always look in the mirror and say when am i gonna ever have loong hair, it s just so short!! Maybe its just because i dont consider hair long until its BSL...eh who knows...slightly depressed...anyone else ever feel like this :ohwell:

Girl yes!
We all go through it. :lol: You have some nice progress from looking at your siggy. You are growing! When I am at home I don't see my hair as that long. Of course I have nothing to compare it to in my own environment. But, When I go out and catch my shadow or come across a foreign mirror and see my reflection, then I say......not too bad it is getting there.

RZ~

i think most of us on this board suffer from hair anorexia. i really can't see any progress unless i take a picture and even then it seems like my hair grows too slow.

Yes, I think its something we all go through when we are growing our hair out. It will come; and I believe the saying is... A watched pot never boils..." Maybe try not to focus on the length so much. And just keep reminding yourself how healthy your hair is becoming. Health first, Length second.

I dunno if I hit the jackpot on this but I stretch for 3 months (12 weeks): I straighten my hair every 4 weeks to update my fotki: each time I straighten it: its the same length in all my pics: But after my relaxer on the 3rd month: it showed my true length....I have a maxiglide so hopefully when I start flatironing my hair again: it can show my actual progress. ~HTH~

Most ladies here go through that and I think it happens, in part, due to comparing yourself to all the gorgeous heads that we see here on a daily basis.

Its a process dont give up so soon . Say for instance me my hair was about SL in 04 it broke off and know its at my chin its frustrating but hair growth takes time. And sometimes you want it right away, and then you ask yourself can my hair really grow long. But it most likely will ;)

well I am going through it right now. I am wearing my hair down for the first time in months and I feel like a hair midget :(

Yeah I feel ya, I got the hair anorexia too. Even now it just doesn't ever seem to be enough at least not yet.

Yeah, I've been dealing with hair anorexia for at least a year or so, probably longer. It's only been since I've gone natural. When my hair was relaxed at APL, I thought it was BANGIN!!!:lachen:Nobody could tell me nothin....But when I was natural at APL, it just wasn't enough....not even when I got to BSL. I think it's because I expected so much more after all the time, money, and effort I put into growing my hair and getting it healthy. Plus I find that the longer my hair gets, the more I want it to grow (gettin' greedy). I also think wearing weaves for so long corrupted me.:perplexed

But now my hair anorexia is finally starting to wear off. I'm a little more realistic and patient now. But, all my new found patience will be put to the test for sure this thursday when I flat-iron and take my next set of progress pics. My hair hasn't been straight in over 6 months. So we shall see...:scratchch

Last edited:
WillyGWifey said:
I dunno if I hit the jackpot on this but I stretch for 3 months (12 weeks): I straighten my hair every 4 weeks to update my fotki: each time I straighten it: its the same length in all my pics: But after my relaxer on the 3rd month: it showed my true length....I have a maxiglide so hopefully when I start flatironing my hair again: it can show my actual progress. ~HTH~

I think you hit it!!!:yep: This happened to me one month I got a doobie, (which was blown straight) and took pictures. The next month I texturized my hair and took more pictures. My hair was longer in those post texturized pics. I was quite surprised.

i'm dealing with it too. not until a few days ago when i straightened it did it look like i was getting somewhere, my hair is maybe a little past brastrap, but i'm not happy with it because it just doesn't look full and bouncy like i was used to when i was natural. i think i'll be happy once i get these relaxed ends off

caribeandiva said:
i think most of us on this board suffer from hair anorexia. i really can't see any progress unless i take a picture and even then it seems like my hair grows too slow.

Same here. The last time I got my hair flat ironed I was like that's it? :confused: Then when I went to my parent's house afterwards my mother kept going on and on about how much it grew and I was like :confused:. When I went back to my fotki and updated with new pictures I could see the comparison from the last time I had it flat ironed. It did grow a lot in those 10 weeks. But it's still not shoulder length. :mad:

I definitely have hair anorexia... I'm not natural but I have close to three months of new growth. I just took down a weave and I'm all disappointed. I have to keep telling myself that it's shrinkage and that I'll see how much growth during the next relaxer.

Yeah, I am hair anorexic. This board has made me like this:lol: :lol: . I was fine in the "real world" where the standards are lower :lol: . All these women on here with healthy, long hair makes me feel like I can do way better.

I'm trying not to have it. My hair has been really good to me and working hard. I don't want yo tell her it's not enough, I need more. My last update (which is the pic in my sigg). I didn't make ALP but she still did a great job. I know I will get to MBL one day but until then I'm not going to get depressed when I miss a goal. My hair is doing what I ask of her. I just let her do her thing while I start focusing on other thing to start up for my Head to toe makeover. My makeover is going to take me at lest two years to complete. After the two years is up I know my hair will be where I ask her to be. We are no a mission. I do my part and My hair does her part. :cool:

Ineedhair said:
Yeah, I am hair anorexic. This board has made me like this:lol: :lol: . I was fine in the "real world" where the standards are lower :lol: . All these women on here with healthy, long hair makes me feel like I can do way better.

:lachen: thats what im sayin. i'll be thinking my hair is got some length and then i hop and the board and im like this is som bullish lol...i see BSL and beyond hair everywhere! boooo....grow hair grow!!

Yes I am too. My friends actually sat me down for an intervention once and explained to me that my hair has grown beyound medium and officially entered the category of long hair. I 'm still stiving for BSL.

I have it bad. I thought once I could pop my bra strap I would be fine with my hair but I'm not. I guess once you pop you can't stop. Hopefully I will be "cured" once I reach midback

when my hair was mbl a few months ago , i never considered it long at all. i dont think i will till i hit waist length.

now that ive chopped it shorter, its even more depressing lol. im almost back at bsl , but so far away from mbl an waist.... ugh its awful

yes,,,,,, my name is silvergirl and i have hair anorexia.... :|

I am feeling tha way righ now, but i keep telling myself its the newgrowth takin all my lenght.and i dont need longer hair cuse its to much work/money/time

well i am gonna get over it one day cause LONGGER HAIR does mean more work/money.I cant buy the products i want when i need it and never gonna be a PRODUCT JUNKIE either.

I have hair anorexia bad too. It feels like its stuck at this length right now, and won't grow anymore. I KNOW its got to be doing something because all this ng I have is kicking my booty :look:

Back