When did you consider your OWN hair long?

dlewis

Cichelle said:
I'll consider my hair long when it gets to waist length. I'm just now getting to the point where I don't consider it short anymore and I am just past bsl when stretched, I think.

Your hair looks to be waist in your avatar in your fotki.

sareca

I've always considered only mid-back or longer to be long, but when my hair was a little longer than APL I thought it looked long. :ohwell:

LocksOfLuV

Cichelle I consider your hair LONG.

I used to think once I got to BSL I would consider it long. Sike! Once I got to BSL I hit hair anorexia badly. Now that I am back to APL I feel like my hair is so short.:lol:

I think once I get to WSL, it will feel long. I hope.

GoingNatural

I did not realize my hair was long until I had my hair cut to chin length (unwillingly) and then later looked back at pictures

Sigh, the whole "you don't appreciate what you got until it's gone" theory

dlewis

GoingNatural said:
I did not realize my hair was long until I had my hair cut to chin length (unwillingly) and then later looked back at pictures

Sigh, the whole "you don't appreciate what you got until it's gone" theory

wow, your hair was long

rdm

Once I have BSL, I will consider my hair long. Anything longer than that will be hard for me to rollerset. Currently, I am between SL and APL.

preciousjewel76

I will consider my hair long when it hits my shoulders, because I've been above shoulder length for at least 12 years.

And that's all I have to say about that!:lol:

JustKiya

BSL will be long for me - ESP. if it's BSL unstretched. Heck, BSL unstretched will most likely be waist/hip stretched, so yeah - that's where I'm looking to be.

OneInAMillion

sareca said:
I've always considered only mid-back or longer to be long, but when my hair was a little longer than APL I thought it looked long. :ohwell:

I hear you. Right now I'm in between APL and BSL and the other day when I took my hair down, I thought it was really long :cool: . I was just so happy to have it down that I guess I'm starting to appreciate it more.

CAPlush

I considered it long back when I could get any hairstyle I wanted for my wedding w/o extensions, which was APL. I will probably consider it long when I reach APL again, hopefully by the end of 2007.

OneInAMillion

dlewis said:
I'm surprised that so many of us don't consider our hair long. I was looking at someone's avatar that had a picture of Aliya, and her hair (Aliya's hair) looked to be a little past APL. I use to think she had long hair but it didn't it looked long in that picture. And my hair's longer than that.

this is the photo

Thanks for posting that. I've always wanted hair like hers, and that definitely looks long to me.

texasgrl

At first it was APL now that I'm past APL I do feel like I have long hair but I will not be happy til I make it to Full blunt cut BSL I think:lol: .

prettypuff1

i am sure i will consider my hair long wehn it gets to BSL.... i have never seen anything anywhere near that length........

~*~ShopAholic~*~

That is so true, I didn't understand this hair anorexia thing until I reached BSL, the first few days I was so excited, but after awhile it became regular again and I started thinking not long at all. THe funny thing is that on others I see long as APL and longer, but just not on myself. I know, weird.
LocksOfLuV said:
Cichelle I consider your hair LONG.

I used to think once I got to BSL I would consider it long. Sike! Once I got to BSL I hit hair anorexia badly. Now that I am back to APL I feel like my hair is so short.:lol:

I think once I get to WSL, it will feel long. I hope.

KiniKakes

I think once my hair is at MBL it will feel long. Right now i honestly dont think my hair is that long. When i look at it in pictures, yes, it does look long to me. However, when i look at in the mirror it doesnt look that long. If i were meeting someone who had never seen me and describing myself, i would not say as part of the (physical) description: "Oh, and i have long hair."

Yeah, MBL thats it.... i'll consider it long then. :lol: But when i have WL hair, all hair anorexia will be out the window, and i'll DEFINITELY start to put myself in the long hair category.

Another thing is that i view thick hair and fine/thin hair differently. My thick-haired sistas look WAY different at BSL than myself and others in the fine-haired club. So yeah, that makes a difference too.

good2uuuu

Hummmmmmmmm................. for me, below bra starp would be long. Actually, bra strap when shrunken would be great. In the meantime, I'm happy.

STLCoverGirl

My hair right now is midback length and I don't think it's long. I feel weird when people tell me my hair is long, I met a friend for lunch last week and she kept talking about how long my hair was and I was like "huh?" I have to wear my hair off my shoulders for work and people are always amazed when they see me out of uniform with my hair out(my buns are tiny, I swear).

Now, when I see other women with bsl and thick apl hair I think it's long. I just do not see my hair as being that long. It's weird now that I think about it, but I really don't see my hair as long.

Amarech

Midback length. And I'm determined to get there. It feels long right now and I'm only at shoulder length! I love it though. If it feels long now I can only imagine how it'll feel as it grows!

ShaniKeys

I'll consider my hair long when I get to APL. It's a nice length, not too long not too short. Very practical, can't wait:)

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I'm a hair anorexic and I'm the same with other physical things so to me, my hair is not long.

Even though I know that my hair is probably an inch away from waistlength, or possibly already there, I see short hair when I look in the mirror.

It's sick :( I'll show my boyfriend someone's hair and I'll be like "I want mine like that..." and he'll tell me mine is the same or longer.

Whimsy

I considered my hair long when I could pull it all in front of my shoulders and it would hang to below my breasts. I guess it was between BSL and waist length. That was long to me.

caribeandiva

Human being
when it's BSL. since i'm so tall it'll be really long on me. i've never had shoulder length hair before since i believed people who told me i wasn't meant to have long hair. i'm almost at shoulder length now and i'll consider that medium-length hair.

wheezy807

For me, when i reach BSL. I've had shoulder length hair all my life so i look forward to length beyond that point greatly.

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
Definately BSL, I've never had hair below my shoulders so that would definately be an accomplishment for me additionally none of the black women in my family nor my friends have hair that is BSL or longer.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
nappywomyn said:
BSL will be long for me - ESP. if it's BSL unstretched. Heck, BSL unstretched will most likely be waist/hip stretched, so yeah - that's where I'm looking to be.

Same here!! :up:

facets

I have *major* shrinkage so, APL or BSL in wet set twists(unstretched) would be incredible!

i'm so bald now it feels like an eternity away.

I'm really admiring the ease of measuring with the relaxers. i'm just so afraid of another chemical disaster setback.