When did you consider your OWN hair long?

Tee

caribeandiva said:
when it's BSL. since i'm so tall it'll be really long on me. i've never had shoulder length hair before since i believed people who told me i wasn't meant to have long hair. i'm almost at shoulder length now and i'll consider that medium-length hair.

Big Congrats on your progress!

Jynkx

i think i started feeling like i had long hair when it laid over my shoulder. not even a lot, just enough so it didnt fall right back. now when i look at hair anything past brastrap seems long to me. its crazy that some girls feel like thier hair is short even when it is really not. i too feel like that and i am at classic. but i guess cuz i wear it up and dont pay any attention to it i really forget that im long and then i start to suffer "hair envy". i will see a head nicely done up at APL or BSL and feel like i wish my hair was like that.

to sum it up, this whole hair length thing is so realitive to each indavidual perception.:drunk:

Aggie

I consider my hair long at BSL but I know I won't be satisfied until I reach MBL by the month of October 2009 for my birthday.

CHECKMATE!

Yeah, MBL thats it.... i'll consider it long then. :lol: But when i have WL hair, all hair anorexia will be out the window, and i'll DEFINITELY start to put myself in the long hair category.

Another thing is that i view thick hair and fine/thin hair differently. My thick-haired sistas look WAY different at BSL than myself and others in the fine-haired club. So yeah, that makes a difference too.

ITA....:yep:...midback is when I will officially say that my hair is long.

Hair Iam

Full APL sounds like it would be long but lets say BSL would be my ultimate desire:grin: I see BSL in 2009

ekomba

i'll consider it long when i can wear it like pocahontas and do two long braids! :grin: i just have a vision of thick blue black long hair lol

the funny part is before the board apl would have been a dream come true and now because of the board and seeing for the first time "long hair" and black women reaching their goals, it makes it feasible; i can't even believe i m shooting for waistlength lol but midback is nice too but even in my own country i never seen anyone waistlength. lets just say that my appreciation for long hair has changed since discovering lhcf :lachen::yep: i m really impressed when i see past midback thick hair lol and now at least i know that with proper care you can retain what you grow and more...:yep: