When did you consider your OWN hair long?

OneInAMillion

Just curious ;) .

From peaking in the thread, "What do you consider long hair" I noticed a lot of ladies with hair that's APL, BSL, still don't consider their hair long...

When you reach your goals, do you consider your hair long yet? I wanted APL hair for the longest time, and when I reached it, all I could think was that actually BSL is really long :p . I hope I'm satisfied soon, because I like my hair, and I hope BSL will be enough for me to flaunt it and say, "Yeah, this is long, I'm satisfied :look: ."

When did you consider your OWN hair long? Has anyone reached their goal and become content with their length, or are we always going to want LONGER hair?

blazingthru

For me I will consider my hair long when i get to BraStrap for sure if it never grows past there I would not care at all. I would be forever happy with it. Now that my hair is almost full shoulder length, I can really believe that I am going to actually make it to brastrap one day. I was told for years that I did not have growing hair and now I know for sure that that is a complete bald face lie.

Divine Inspiration

I considered my hair long when I got past bra strap. I've been APL and beyond many times over the years so that wasn't long for ME. Other people were always wowed by my length, but it was never really a big deal to me because I effortlessly grew to BSL, and I can't remember being less than APL in my life.

I think I'm content with my length right now. I'm not planning to cut it...I want to see how it would look at waistlength which should be late '07. After that, I'll probably trim it to 2 or 3 inches below bra strap and keep it there since I consider this a manageable length.

MzOptimistic

My hair is APL but I do not consider it long at all. When my hair reach about 2 inches past brastrap, I will then consider my hair long:)

HighlyFavored1

I consider BSL hair to be long. But I'm pretty sure that I won't think my own hair is long until it reaches midback :)grin: hopefully sometime in 2008), and once my family actually notices that my hair has grown. I think I'll really start feeling like it's long once they notice a real difference in length.

MzOptimistic

HighlyFavored1 said:
I consider BSL hair to be long. But I'm pretty sure that I won't think my own hair is long until it reaches midback :)grin: hopefully sometime in 2008), and once my family actually notices that my hair has grown. I think I'll really start feeling like it's long once they notice a real difference in length.

HighlyFavored, I think you are going to be midback at the end of this year if not a little before...How many inches do you need to be midback? I think I need about 6...I'm not really sure....have to go measure...will do when I wash/dc tonight:)

navsegda

Divine Inspiration said:
I considered my hair long when I got past bra strap. I've been APL and beyond many times over the years so that wasn't long for ME. Other people were always wowed by my length, but it was never really a big deal to me because I effortlessly grew to BSL, and I can't remember being less than APL in my life.

Same here. With that said, I am mid-back now so I consider that long...but I want to get a few inches past waist length. When I get to that point, I may do a trim just to even everything up.

Your hair is gorgeous, btw! :D

dlewis

I'm close to BSL, but I don't consider my hair long even when people IRL comment about how long it is. When I comented to Mermaid about how long her hair was, she said she didn't consider it long and it was close to mid back at that time. So I'm wondering if I will ever consider my hair long.

MzOptimistic

navsegda said:
Same here. With that said, I am mid-back now so I consider that long...but I want to get a few inches past waist length. When I get to that point, I may do a trim just to even everything up.

Your hair is my ultimate hair goal...that's all I want..and you're 4a like me...I can just imagine all that hair on my head:grin: I love your hair girlie:)

Divine Inspiration

navsegda said:

:kiss: Thanks!! Yours is quite beautiful as well as are you! :)

gradygirl

I have always been shoulder length so when I reached APL I considered it to be long for me but full brastrap will be long enough.

SeatownSista

I don't consider my hair long. (Currently shoulder length.) There was a time I would have, back when I didn't think I would even be able to have shoulder length hair! I'm hoping that I will be able to grow it to BSL and be happy with it.

Sistaslick

Waist. Because at that point it is long in EVERYBODY'S book. At BSL, you step into other communities and its average . . . or just leaving the short category.:ohwell:
But it doesn't matter if you're black, white, asian, or indigenous Australian--- no one can deny waistlength :lol: I'm so done when I get there, though.:lol:

Oh, and my ends have to be on point too. None of that whispy, see through last 3-4 inches. :nono: Its not long to me if you're holding on to unsightly inches that need to go. :look:

navsegda

tsmith said:
Your hair is my ultimate hair goal...that's all I want..and you're 4a like me...I can just imagine all that hair on my head:grin: I love your hair girlie:)

Aww, thanks! :D *blushes*

Your hair is doing great and the progress you made in six months is unbelievable. Girl, you'll probably be waist length so fast you'll turn around and be like "Ok...I don't remember hitting mid-back length" lol

P.S. I went to your profile because I wanted to stalk, um, I mean browse your fotki and I tried to enter the password in your profile to look at your products but it told me it was wrong. Is the password only for your "hide your hair" album?

OneInAMillion

Divine Inspiration said:

I think I'm content with my length right now. I'm not planning to cut it...I want to see how it would look at waistlength which should be late '07. After that, I'll probably trim it to 2 or 3 inches below bra strap and keep it there since I consider this a manageable length.

OT, but if my hair EVER gets to ur length I'll be thrilled.

I agree with the bold though, I've been shoulder length for most of my life, and when ppl would tell me my hair was long, I'd be like yeah right. Esp. when I got here, I realized that that wasn't ANYTHING :lol: .

Victorian

old head
Probably last month when I straightened it was the first time it started to look long because I'd never been midback length before (well, it had been past bsl for a while but I hadn't seen it straightened). It probably won't really look long to me until the front is longer. I'm getting there, though :lol:

MzOptimistic

navsegda said:
Aww, thanks! :D *blushes*

Your hair is doing great and the progress you made in six months is unbelievable. Girl, you'll probably be waist length so fast you'll turn around and be like "Ok...I don't remember hitting mid-back length" lol

P.S. I went to your profile because I wanted to stalk, um, I mean browse your fotki and I tried to enter the password in your profile to look at your products but it told me it was wrong. Is the password only for your "hide your hair" album?

Girl, there's nothing in my products folder yet. I just made it because I'm going to stop being lazy and take pics of my hair products. I also need to delete alot of the folders too because I have incorporated those pictures in my progress folder and hide hair til xmas folder. I just left your fotki for the second time this week...I love Garnier products also and you're the reason why I started using the vatika and the alma oil, which I love by the way:)

Divine Inspiration

OneInAMillion said:
OT, but if my hair EVER gets to ur length I'll be thrilled.

I agree with the bold though, I've been shoulder length for most of my life, and when ppl would tell me my hair was long, I'd be like yeah right. Esp. when I got here, I realized that that wasn't ANYTHING :lol: .

Thanks!

Girl, LHCF heads will make a sista hair aneorexic with the quickness! Sometimes I see girls with SL hair flippin it like it's an accomplishment and I just look like :look: because I know there is some truly LONG hair on this board.

Sistaslick

Divine Inspiration said:
Thanks!

Girl, LHCF heads will make a sista hair aneorexic with the quickness! Sometimes I see girls with SL hair flippin it like it's an accomplishment and I just look like :look: because I know there is some truly LONG hair on this board.

And YOU'RE one of them, too, making folks feel like their working with nothing:lol: :lol: :lol: I scroll past your siggy and think...geez, what am I doing wrong:lachen: :lachen:

Divine Inspiration

Sistaslick said:
And YOU'RE one of them, too, making folks feel like their working with nothing:lol: :lol: :lol: I scroll past your siggy and think...geez, what am I doing wrong:lachen: :lachen:

:blush: :lachen: Girl I know you are not talking with all that lush hair of yours! I'm sure many folks have cried themselves to sleep wishing they had your tresses! :lol:

Sistaslick

Divine Inspiration said:
:blush: :lachen: Girl I know you are not talking with all that lush hair of yours! I'm sure many folks have cried themselves to sleep wishing they had your tresses! :lol:

hahahhaaa, uh uh, trust me, they would cry themselves to sleep if they did. :lol: :lachen: The way my stuff gets to acting retardit.:lol:

camellia

Honestly (and yes, I know I suffer from hair anorexia!:lol: ) I didn't consider my own hair long until it was several inches past waist length.:look:

Ms Red

Growing up I had APL length natural hair until I was about 20 and started relaxing. While relaxed i got to BSL and considered that long, especially since I have really thick hair. A whole lotta hair lol. Now that I'm transitioning and started out with damaged hair (from a relaxer gone wrong), I'm easily impressed. My goal is BSL length natural hair (unstretched).

Sosoothing

Right now its only medium length. When its long enough to fully cover my bra strap I think I will consider it long.

nelli711

I used to think APL was long and I couldn't wait until the day I got there, but now that my hair is that length, I don't think it is long at all. I will say brastrap....for now. It may change once I get there;)

didirose

I'd have to say anything pass brastrap. But at the same time I think its all relative. When I had a neck length hair cut APL was looking long to me at the time. But once I got back to APL, BSL became my new standard...uuhh I guess I need to check my hair anorexic self into psychotherapy ASAP.:lol:

RZILYNT

I thought I would consider my hair long when I reached BSL. Because it was my desired dream. Didn't know I could grow it this long. But like some of the others, I would like to see it longer than BSL. Full Mid back would be when I would consider my hair to be long. I can't imagine waist length hair, but if that is within my growth cycle reach, I would love to see it!~ :)