Hair Breakage 101-- just wanted to share!

TANBRIA

You have provided a wealth of information. Thank you for sharing. Can you recommend products for protein treatments, moisturizers and oils or what key ingrediants each of these items should contain in order to get the best end result?

trenise

I just saw this today. I was doing a search on stretchy hair because mine has gotton really elastic like. I saw this and it was very helpful. The weird thing is that my hair is now stretchy after doing OCT protein treatments. Isn't OCT protein?

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Thank you so much sistaslick for this post. I'm positive that my constant shedding/breakage is because I need more moisture. Thanks a million!

lovleelilie

Sistaslick you are off the chart! I started my hair journey off reading your articles. And I'm ALWAYS recommending that ppl google you. Thx!!!!!

varaneka

I think aloe-based moisturizers are better than when a product has the first ingredient as water. That way, the moisture doesn't evaporate.

Growing My Glory

Thanks Sista. Very helpful and very informative.

I do have one question. I started co-washing after joining this board. My hair is extremely dry and breaking inspite of co-washing and conditioning. Is it possible that I'm locking out moisture by co-washing?

Glory

LaidBak

Thanks Sista. Very helpful and very informative.

I do have one question. I started co-washing after joining this board. My hair is extremely dry and breaking inspite of co-washing and conditioning. Is it possible that I'm locking out moisture by co-washing?

Glory

I'm not Sista, but I think you might need to address your hair's porosity. If its too porous any moisture you put in is going to escape faster than normal.

Friggin' Licia

This topic is amazing. Thanks for making it, sistaslick :)

But I have a dumb question... How do I stop the initial breakage? I did the assesment and figured out what kind of products I'd need for my hair...but even after use my hair still breaks. Do I need to cut it first?

SOserious

OMG YOu are amazing for creating this!!!
I just have to start creating a reggie that simple....

This needs to be a sticky!

BonBon

Thank you. I just did an Aphogee treatment for damaged hair. I hadn't realised I hadn't done it in a while and loads of my ends have snapped off (RIP). Hopefully I will be back to normal soon:ohwell:

Aggie

Thank you. I just did an Aphogee treatment for damaged hair. I hadn't realised I hadn't done it in a while and loads of my ends have snapped off (RIP). Hopefully I will be back to normal soon:ohwell:

Whoa, I'm sorry to hear this TP. Did you follow it up with a moisturizing deep conditioner? That may have restored the elasticity in your strands.

MadamCJCPA

I'm new to the board, and all I can say is that this thread has been immensely helpful. Thank you to Sistaslick for the wealth of information.