Hair One- Cleansing Cream (Sally's Version of Wen)

Toy

I have tried the cucumber aloe it was ok ,i also tried the Olive oil one my hair loves it. i love the smell I use this to stretch out using all my Wen this one is a keeper,

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I bought this at Sally's yesterday -- the jojoba one and used it after coloring last night. I used about 20 pumps on wet hair. Twenty pumps was not that much, so I still have 99% of the bottle left over. I massaged it all through my hair and did what the directions said and wet my hands and rubbed them together to really coat my hair with the condish. I left it in about 15 minutes and rinsed and used about four pumps as a leave-in and sealed with my shea butter mixture. All of my usual products are in Atlanta and I only have with me stuff that I put in three ounce bottles several months ago that dried my hair out horribly Tuesday night. My hair is wonderfully texturized, soft, moistured today. However, the thing that is really knocking me out is the incredible shine, which is ridiculous. I will have to leave it here in Chicago because if I try to take it with me, they will probably confiscate it (they confiscated my Nature's Blessing a couple years ago and I was not happy, let me tell you...) and my mom said that she will take very good care of it with a cheshire cat grin on her face. I liked it enough to go pay $10.99 for another bottle tomorrow when I get back to Atlanta.

You can mail it home via the USPS. ;) Just make sure it's wrap tight so that it won't leak.

adw425

I trust what you girls say - more than many....Hmmmm... It may fall into my basket at Sally's over Xmas Break!!!!

I really did not expect it to perform as well as it did. I was so pleasantly surprised. I have hand-in-hair disease today and cannot stop feeling on my hair. It feels so nice and smooth and the shine is just crazy. This really is a great product. When you find something like this and it performs so well and you start to wonder what am I going to do with all the products in the cabinet that I no longer need now. I normally use alot of product, but I used just a little bit of this and a little bit of shea butter mixture to seal and that is all I needed.

adw425

I left my Hair One - jojoba in Chicago and last night my Mom called me and said that she used it according to the directions to wash, condition and as a leave-in, smoothed a tiny bit of Ultra Sheen satin press on and pressed her hair. She couldn't stop raving about how silky, smooth and non-greasy/oily her hair is and how that saved her $40.00 at the hairdressers. My mom has never in her life described her hair as silky.

ETA: I did tell her that I would be posting her review on the forum (smile). She really couldn't stop talking about the stuff and my mom is not very loquacious.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
It's hard not to become a PJ when you are a member of LHCF.

I think it depends on the area where your Sally is located. There is black manager at the Sally I visit.

I see African American employees at some Sally's in Los Angeles. :yep: In fact, the one on Crenshaw Boulevard has nothing but African American women employed there.:grin:

chebaby

i have the olive oil one and the jojoba one. havent tried them yet but i hope it works because i am in love with wen and would like the option of getting a cheaper version.

adw425

I am happy that I left it in Chicago just to have the pleasure of my Mom having the opportunity to use and fall in love with a product with such wonderful natural ingredients and/or botanicals, something not at all harsh...

alwayzalady22

used the wen jojoba one today after clarifying with ors creamy aloe... i'm 1 week post, so i followed the wen with aphogee 2 min reconstructor, then shescentit avocado condish as my DC....

i thought i was hairgasming using the hair one!!!! :blush: i never had my hair feeling that soft during a SHAMPOO!!! and even after i used aphogee, my hair felt strong, but still soft... and i hate to turn this thread into a shescentit thread, but that avocado condish is the SLIPPIEST condish i've ever used IN LIFE (and trust, yal LHCFers have me buying any and every condish on the market)....i didn't DC with heat, just had my plastic cap on my head and watched some tv, ate some dinner... my hair was so soft and slippy when i finally rinsed! i used some organix coconut milk condish as my rinseout, lightly towel dried, then put some hair one in as a leave in before i twisted my hair with shescentit seyani hair butter...

my hair is sooooooooooooooo soft and ridiculously shiny! i can't wait to see how it turns out in the morning! i LUBS me some hair one now!

my only complaint is that the jojoba one smells like lysol, menthol and whatever they use to clean hospitals :look: but i think i've used enough good smelling products to cover it up, so i'm good now! and i liked how it made my scalp tingle!

ok, i'm done :lachen:

angelbaby

I have been using this for approximately two months now and I am a believer! My hair has never felt so soft and I have never had so little breakage if any. I can't thank you all enough for discovering this product and the Silk Elements Relaxer.

mezzogirl

My ends have been dry and crunchy lately and my regular staples weren't working the same so I thought I'd try Hair One Olive Oil. I just washed and DC my hair last night but it came out rough. I rinsed my hair with diluted baking soda, rinsed and then poured ACV over my hair and scalp and rinsed. I then proceeded to wash with more than the minimum no. of pumps. After rinsing, my new growth didn't feel softer but my ends did. I'm about 5 or 6 weeks post. The interesting thing is that there wasn't a single hair in the shower. I always see a few hairs wrapped around the drain or stuck on the tile. I looked around and saw nothing. I'm not sure yet if I can attribute that to the Hair One. I have to give it a few more tries. Because the ends felt soft but the rest of my hair did not, I am sitting with AO WC on my head for deep conditioning.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
So I picked up Hair One this past Sunday and I'm very, very disappointed. Perhaps I just got a bad item. Where do I start?

First, I could not get the pump to work. I pumped and pumped and pumped but couldn't get the product out. The product was so thick and lumpy that I had to force it out with my finger. It was a thick, white gooey mess! :nono: So I spooned about a quarter size and applied to my scalp as the directions stated. Oh, boy. It was a sticky, gooey lump of mess!! :nono: I figured that I just wasn't working hard enough, so I continued to massage my scalp. Then, I took a little more and added to the nape and massaged through, as the directions stated. When I was done, my hair was sticky, gooey...HORRIBLE!!

I ended up having to clarify in order to get that stuff out of my hair. I then deep conditioned and air-dried. :nono:

I am so disappointed after all the good reviews. I won't take a chance on buying another product. I think it's best to go back to WEN because I really love it.

This stuff will go right back to Sally's this weekend... :driver:

MissLawyerLady

I've never tried WEN so I can't compare it to Hair One, but I'm liking the results of using Hair One this winter. I won't use it in the summer though b/c I CW so often and need a gentle poo to break down all the CW gunk during summer.

I did find that I had to apply the Hair One to my hair first and then use quite a bit of water before I could get it to spread and foam up.

JMH1908

I currently use the Olive Oil but I only use a little of it as a leave-in. I tried Co-washing with it and I find it too heavy for my hair. I may try either the tea tree or jojoba next time in the small sample packets to make my decision.

tenderheaded

I'm relaxed, with new growth that is tightly wound, and I've used Hair One Olive Oil since 6/09. Thanks to H/O, I was able to do a 40 week stretch:yep::yep: I use it as a deep con with heat - it's a keeper for me!

acapnleo

I just purchased this today... I'm looking forward to using it for my wash n go's... I have the Olive Oil one.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I've never tried WEN so I can't compare it to Hair One, but I'm liking the results of using Hair One this winter. I won't use it in the summer though b/c I CW so often and need a gentle poo to break down all the CW gunk during summer.

I did find that I had to apply the Hair One to my hair first and then use quite a bit of water before I could get it to spread and foam up.

You have to make sure your hair is thoroughly wet before applying any of these products whether it's Hair One or Wen. It makes the application easier.

Did you do that?

You will still have to add a little more water to make the product spread even more. Massage scalp well and make sure product is distributed from root to ends.

Wen is still the superior product in my opinion. $ per $ it's the most economical too. You pay a little more, but you get more benefit in the long run.

I'm a product junkie so I was planning to purchase the Wen Sweet Almond this week. However, I was in Sally's today to pick up some other products and saw this and after quickly reading he ingredient list I realized that it was a knock-off for Wen. Needless to say, it came home with me today and I used it on my daughter who has 4b/c dry hair. She had just washed her hair this afternoon and was freshly air-dried. Her hair was a dry brillow pad mess. I clarified her and then used the Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Shampoo. I parted her hair in 4 sections and used 5 pumps per section and IMMEDIATELY saw a difference.

I didn't even have to detangle her and her waves and curls popped immediately. Normally, I put her under the dryer for 20 minutes but the slip and results of her hair tempted me to skip this step. So I just put a plastic cap on and let her walk around for 10 minutes.

We just washed her hair out and I'm amazed. Her hair feels moist. I still didn't have to detangle her hair. I put some Herbal Essence Leave LTR in it.

And she's airdrying beautifully with those thick, wavy, bouncy curls still in place. She is 13yrs. old and is 24 months into her transition with EL hair and she's a 4b/4c with thick and thirsty hair.

I'll report more later but I can't wait to try this on my hair. I did take pictures of her hair right before she started airdrying and she wants me to blow her hair out so I'll post the end results with pictures later on.

JJamiah

I have been using Hair one for 6 weeks now and I love it! it is absolutely a wonderful product, I have only used Olive Oil once and the Jojoba oil for 6 weeks, I double washed in one week. I love it!!!! I think this is awesome while the PJ in me wants to get the WEN I am totally content with Hair One.

I get soft hair everytime I wash. I add to the middle of my hair and my nape then let a little water run in it not much a spit of water. I add more to the sides and massage for 3 minutes, rinse, then for my condition I do the same as a wash and let it sit for the conditioner, my hair is SOFT each time, I just had to learn to rinse well, afterwards I use my Aussie 3 Minute and wahlah the perfect head of hair. I LOVE Hair one and when I get a good coupon 25% off I am buying a case of it!

The PJ in me can't wait to try WEN but I'm very impressed with Hair One's Olive Oil. I am not due to cowash my hair until Tuesday but I might try it tomorrow because I'm so impressed.

I really like the idea of having only two steps to my regiment.

westNDNbeauty

so....how come no one mentioned the tingly sensation you get???

I used this after my wash with Aphogee Damaged Hair Shampoo...of course because of the protein my hair was hard. I followed with the Hair One Jojoba. It felt like the pores on my head opened up! My hair was so soft! This is a staple for me!

Yeeeeaa budddy!

Sade'

I absolutely LOVE Hair One- Jojoba. I tried a packet of it this past weekend and my hair was beyond soft. Mind u I was in a hotel and I had none of my usual hair products around. I needed to wash my hair for a party. I was SO skeptical but I did exactly what the package said. I left it in for about 10 minutes and then rinsed thoroughly then applied a small amount HE Hello Hydration to my ends only as a leave in. PURRRRFECT!

The Hair One alone did a wonderful job. It was so easy to style my hair, incredibly soft and manageable.

Now that I am back in town I will be purchasing a bottle. I only had a sample packet.