Hair One- Cleansing Cream (Sally's Version of Wen)

Aggie

This company have their own hair products too!

Looks good....:lick:

Oh my goodness, N&W, I went back to check out some of the valuable info on that site, and it's amazing what we don't know could be adversely affecting us. For example, glycerin, a known humectant and other humectants only work well in areas where the humidity is over 65% which is perfect for me here in the Bahamas (usually around 80-85% most of the time) and actually works in the reverse in dryer areas. Instead, these humectants will pull moisture from where they can get them, hence the skin, again...go figure and YIKES:nono:!!!

Ooooh ladies, please read the info on this site http://antiagingchoices.com/hair_care/beauty_dangers.htm. It just might save your skin and your hair.

Southerntease would love this site I think.

LivingDoll

Just did a quick scan of my Wen Fig and Tea Tree bottles...didn't see this on the ingredient list.
Of course I'm not wearing my glasses...:rolleyes:

I don't think its in the actual condish but the styling creme...but it was REALLY interesting that I couldn't find the WEN ingredient list on the net...

I guess Chaz ain't no fool. :lachen:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I don't think its in the actual condish but the styling creme...but it was REALLY interesting that I couldn't find the WEN ingredient list on the net...

I guess Chaz ain't no fool. :lachen:

You can find the ingredients of each Chaz Dean product on his website.
Click on a product and a page with tabs will show instructions how to use it and the ingredients.

Attachments

• Wen ingredients.JPG
    Wen ingredients.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

LivingDoll

You can find the ingredients of each Chaz Dean product on his website.
Click on a product and a page with tabs will show instructions how to use it and the ingredients.

Thanks! I'll look again.

ETA:I see what I was doing wrong...I was on www.wenhaircare.com and should've been on www.chazdeanstore.com.

Last edited:

gabulldawg

I'm interested in trying this product. I've never tried Wen or heard of it. Guess I haven't been paying attention around here! What's the difference in price between the "knock-off" and the Wen? Based on the OP I would STILL try the product even if it didn't "compare" to Wen based off of how she said it made her hair feel. :yep:

charmtreese

Im sticking with my WEN (that is until this recession really hits me hard!!)

Here is the comparison with WEN and the Knock-off!!

Knock-off
water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

WEN Almond Mint
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Chamomile Extract, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Rosemary Extract, Betientrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Whole Wheat Protein, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Menthol, Sweet Almond Mint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citric Acid, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance.

Also the cone’s in WEN are naturally derived, not as high up on the ingredients and do not cause build-up! This was one of the first things I checked when I started using WEN over a year ago

LivingDoll

I'm interested in trying this product. I've never tried Wen or heard of it. Guess I haven't been paying attention around here! What's the difference in price between the "knock-off" and the Wen? Based on the OP I would STILL try the product even if it didn't "compare" to Wen based off of how she said it made her hair feel. :yep:

WEN Cleansing Conditioner
6ox (set of 3) - $35
16oz - $28

Hair One Cleanser Conditioner
12oz - $10.99 ($9.99 with Sally Beauty Club Card)

LivingDoll

Im sticking with my WEN (that is until this recession really hits me hard!!)

Here is the comparison with WEN and the Knock-off!!

Knock-off
water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

WEN Almond Mint
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Chamomile Extract, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Rosemary Extract, Betientrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Whole Wheat Protein, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Menthol, Sweet Almond Mint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citric Acid, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance.

Also the cone’s in WEN are naturally derived, not as high up on the ingredients and do not cause build-up! This was one of the first things I checked when I started using WEN over a year ago

I agree WEN's ingredients seem better....I would like for someone who has used both to give an honest review.

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I'm willing to try it, but I would be surprised if it was nearly the same as Wen. Heck, if it is, then they are shooting themselves in the foot selling it so cheaply.

I have enough Wen stocked up now, so unless I need to go to Sally's for Aggie (I think Nice & Wavy is going to hook her up) then I'll just stick with my Wen like Charmtreese.

I have enough Wen to take several baths in :lachen:

Also, the quality of the ingredients in Wen is much higher it seems based on the comparison that Charmtreese provided and thus it should be with the price point that Wen has.

*Frisky*

I'm willing to try it, but I would be surprised if it was nearly the same as Wen. Heck, if it is, then they are shooting themselves in the foot selling it so cheaply.

I have enough Wen stocked up now, so unless I need to go to Sally's for Aggie (I think Nice & Wavy is going to hook her up) then I'll just stick with my Wen like Charmtreese.

I have enough Wen to take several baths in :lachen:

Also, the quality of the ingredients in Wen is much higher it seems based on the comparison that Charmtreese provided and thus it should be with the price point that Wen has.

Well it sounds like somebody can afford to send off a free sample of WEN for somebody to do a comparison:lachen:

*Frisky*

:look: I know. I should be ashamed of myself with the economy being so bad. I think I might be able to squeeze out a sample for ya. :grin:

Are you serious?? I was just teasing...but I can be the guinea pig unless somebody else wants to...that is so nice of you.

Last edited:

Eisani

My curiosity has gotten the best of me. I'll be using the Olive Oil one tonight, for sure. More like this afternoon after work.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
my response in the September hit or miss thread:

----------

Sally's bootlegged/knockoff Wen---:look:

**'Hair One' Hair Cleanser and Conditioner--(Dry Hair--Olive Oil)

My 4Beedebeed hair LOVES this! :love: I wish the container was bigger though.
If this stuff is anywhere near how good Wen is.....then I truly understand the love it is receiving on this board.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
How many pumps do you use?

daephae,

I really didn't count the number of pumps. I just pumped some into my hand and applied it to my hair.

I part my hair, and apply my conditioner like I would a relaxer (excellent tip I picked up from a thread on here:yep: )....and just work it into my hair---from the roots to the ends.

I didn't saturate my hair like I normally do with other cheaper conditioners.....I just added enough to make sure each part was moist.

If I had to count pumps.....I would say maybe 4 pumps per part. I had about 4 or 5 parts.
I'll have to make a mental note to count the pumps next time I wash.

On the bottle it does say in so many words, that the longer the hair....then the more conditioner you'll need.

Now...I've only used it twice, and it does seems like half of that 12 ounce bottle is already gone! :perplexed
That's the only thing that I don't like. Maybe I'll try using less next time, just to stretch it out. Hopefully I'll have the same great results!

I'll check my bottle when I get home to see just how much is still left----and see if I can somehow take a pic of the inside--and show how much conditioner 'one pump' dispenses.

Last edited:

Coffee

I went to pick up a bottle to try it out, I got the Olive Oil. JN I did use the WEN Sweet Almond yesterday and it's nice, seems to be more moisture, I already had some Sweet Almond styling cream. I still like Fig the best. I'm going to try the Hair One on Saturday to see how well it works. Hair One would really have to be extremely awesome for me to give up my WEN though:lachen:.

Eisani

Hair One Olive Oil for Dry Hair

Okay, so I'm out of the shower (obviously :bath2:) and I'll wait until my hair dries to give a full opinion but upon application, I barely had it off my fingertips and my hair was already getting super soft. I was in there giddy w/my mouf open and tongue out gigglin and mumbling expletives with elation. I let it sit while I did my other shower duties then rinsed. It felt better going in than coming out (that didn't sound right) but my scalp feels amazingly refreshed, tingly and stimulated! I used some as a leave in and bunned. My hair is still soft but for me the true test is how it feels once dry. I know I've read WEN users say it takes a couple uses to get the full effect and I'm wondering if it's the same w/the Hair One. I'll give it a few more tries and see how it goes.

All in all, so far I give it a 2.5-3 out of 5. This rating may change at some point.

Aggie

Hair One Olive Oil for Dry Hair

Okay, so I'm out of the shower (obviously :bath2:) and I'll wait until my hair dries to give a full opinion but upon application, I barely had it off my fingertips and my hair was already getting super soft. I was in there giddy w/my mouf open and tongue out gigglin and mumbling expletives with elation. I let it sit while I did my other shower duties then rinsed. It felt better going in than coming out (that didn't sound right) but my scalp feels amazingly refreshed, tingly and stimulated! I used some as a leave in and bunned. My hair is still soft but for me the true test is how it feels once dry. I know I've read WEN users say it takes a couple uses to get the full effect and I'm wondering if it's the same w/the Hair One. I'll give it a few more tries and see how it goes.

All in all, so far I give it a 2.5-3 out of 5. This rating may change at some point.

Thanks Eisani, looks like I have to wait some more :boredwrk: but I am a little dissapointed with the low rating so far. Anyway, I'll wait for the final verdict. Did you clarify your hair before using the Hair One con or no?

AngelDoll

I have been holding on to the Cucumber Aloe and Olive Oil conditioners for about two weeks now. I was afraid to try them. Thanks so much for the reviews. I guess I am going to wash my hair tonight. Too bad I do not have any of the WEN to compare it to.

Eisani

DOH!! I forgot to do that! I'll be sure to chelate before my next use which s/b Saturday unless I'm really feeling it tomorrow. Thanks for that, totally forgot!

caramelma

I bought the olive oil conditioner today and I will use it on my daughters hair today I cant use it yet because I have a sew-in