Hair One- Cleansing Cream (Sally's Version of Wen)

Excellent review EMJ. I think you and JustKiya are the hair products review queens on this board because you explain it so well. So, uhm, any reason why you DC'ed after using the Hair One Olive Oil conditioner though?

Hi Aggie, I DC'ed because it is a part of my weekly weekend routine and I needed to see if my hair would react the same way as when I use WEN. As usual the result is soft yet strong hair. I haven't seen any breakage in nearly a month which means I'm retaining what I'm growing. :D

I am hair drying as I type after using Hair One Olive Oil. I could tell the minute I put it on my hair that I will have no problem using this as a replacement after I finish the Lavendar Wen. This went on better and seemed to absorb into my hair faster than Wen and I didn't have to use as much product. The fragrance is not that great but, I can live with that. If I don't have to spend the extrrra and can get the same or better results then this is it!

My Review....

RZ~

Thanks RZ for the review. Do you think the scent was washed out when you rinsed it out of your hair or no?

So.... I have the olive oil cleansing cream.

What do you guys think if were to use that as cleanser/shampoo, then put on MT for five minutes, rinse and DC for 30 minutes w/heat (humecto), then rinse and a little more hair one as leave-in. Sound like a plan??? :spinning:

BTW, I've never used the MT, and I'm about to cornrows to hold me over on my stretch.

Hi ChanelNo5, I like this regimen you have here, just remember to clarify your hair every 2 to 3 weeks or so to avoid build-up, okay?

Hi Aggie, I DC'ed because it is a part of my weekly weekend routine and I needed to see if my hair would react the same way as when I use WEN. As usual the result is soft yet strong hair. I haven't seen any breakage in nearly a month which means I'm retaining what I'm growing. :D

Oh yeah, that's right, you're using MT and DCing is needed when using it. No breakage, huh? Well good for you honey.

I bought this yesterday & used it today (the olive oil one). I'm giving it a thumbs up. I've wanted Wen for awhile now but haven't made the move to buy it. I didn't clarify before using (causes too much dryness & breakage for me). I had very little hairloss during & after cleansing with it. I'm looking forward to picking up the jojoba & tea tree oil conditioners.

Hi ChanelNo5, I like this regimen you have here, just remember to clarify your hair every 2 to 3 weeks or so to avoid build-up, okay?

Thanks, I try not to stray too much from what has worked for me in the past, which is the basic poo, dc, protein as needed, and moisture. So I'm excited about being able to cleanse without sulfates, and use protein with an added growth effect. :grin:

The PJ in me woke up. At 9:20 am I walked into Sally's no work to the cashier but good morning and made a bee line for the back. It was right there on the shelf. I got the Jojoba and the Olive. Im currently in twists. So I will wait before I try it.

I went to pay the cashier told me a long time customer came looking for this last week and she gave her all sorts of info about hair and sulfates. OK which one of you ladies frequent the Canarsie Sally's? The one in the Georgetown shopping center?

Oh my gosh.... I go there. But it wasn't me, I didn't tell her anything. I promise...........

I'm glad they came out with a knockoff cause wen is too expensive even if it was an all in 1 product
those who have used hairone do you need another conditioner or deep conditioner after ? or is it really just 1 step haircare. TIA

Last edited:
The one w/Olive Oil:

water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

So has this cleansed anyone's hair?
I'm worried that a shampoo will have to be used still,as it seems more like a co-wash conditioner than a cleansing conditioner.
Does your hair feel clean,as well as moisturized?
Can you do w/o shampoo w/ this product?
Can anyone chime in?
Thanks ladies!

Actually... I like the Hair one stuff...and I've tried both. It's slipperier (if that's a word).. and it distributes through the hair easier than Wen. Also it foams WAYY easier than the WEN. To make the WEN feel like it was foaming... I had to pump, add; stay under water...and repeat... this started foaming from jump.

The smell of the olive oil one is not that bad to me (the fig Wen is not knocking my socks off with the smell)...it smells like all the other olive oil hair products.
I purchased this on Saturday but haven't used it yet. The Olive Oil smells better than the rest.:yep:

Thanks for your review fabulosity. This was quite helpful to me, especially about the scent of the Hair One.
It smells good, Aggie! This is the one that I purchased.

I bought this yesterday & used it today (the olive oil one). I'm giving it a thumbs up. I've wanted Wen for awhile now but haven't made the move to buy it. I didn't clarify before using (causes too much dryness & breakage for me). I had very little hairloss during & after cleansing with it. I'm looking forward to picking up the jojoba & tea tree oil conditioners.
Your hair is off the chain girl! So long, thick and pretty!

Thanks for the review of Hair One too!

Your hair is off the chain girl! So long, thick and pretty!

Thanks for the review of Hair One too!

THank uuuu!! Your hair is gorgeous too! (You are far toooo kind- the thickness is an illusion lolol. I think I had used a thickening conditioner in this pic!)

Lucia- yep I still deep conditioned after using hair one.

ladybeesrch- Yep it feels clean- it felt a little heavy but I don't mind- I like for my hair to have light coating of conditioner after I rinse. It makes it feel moisturized/protected to me. No, I don't plan on using it with shampoo.

Last edited:
THank uuuu!! Your hair is gorgeous too! (You are far toooo kind- the thickness is an illusion lolol. I think I had used a thickening conditioner in this pic!)

Lucia- yep I still deep conditioned after using hair one.

ladybeesrch- Yep it feels clean- it felt a little heavy but I don't mind- I like for my hair to have light coating of conditioner after I rinse. It makes it feel moisturized/protected to me. No, I don't plan on using it with shampoo.

Awww....thanks girl! What thickening conditioner do you use? I've always wondered about them, if they work or not.

I pick between- Dove Pro-Age, Joico Body Luxe Thickening Conditioner, or Frederic Fekkai Full volume. I have tried a ton of them but had stopped using them so much because too much use can cause tangles.

So has this cleansed anyone's hair?
I'm worried that a shampoo will have to be used still,as it seems more like a co-wash conditioner than a cleansing conditioner.
Does your hair feel clean,as well as moisturized?
Can you do w/o shampoo w/ this product?
Can anyone chime in?
Thanks ladies!

My hair was definitely clean as well as moisturized. I mixed a little castor oil with it as a leave in though. But I mix oil with all my leave ins.

Thanks RZ for the review. Do you think the scent was washed out when you rinsed it out of your hair or no?

I didn't really notice any frangrance afterward, but I did add an oil after my hair dried so that could be why I don't smell the Olive Oil scent
My hair was way too BIG and I needed to add some control to this new hair I have...LOL... I really love it, but I don't need big hair when it is in a bun. The softness is incredible though....

RZ~

Last edited:
I used this today and I will give it a 4.5 out of 5 rating. Not bad at all. I've never used WEN so I can't really compare the two but I like it. I used the Olive formula, I clarified first then I used it per instructions. I found that I didn't need to use as many pumps, I massaged it into my scalp for a few minutes. I felt the tingle for a few minutes, it felt really soft going on my hair, I used my Jilbere to detangle and it helped detangle well. Afterwards I rinsed out the conditioner and my hair felt soft. The product reminded me of a cowash with Pantene Relaxed and Natural conditioner because it moisturized yet rinsed clean. After my hair dried I used some Silk Elements Silken CHild leave-in (which I like by the way) and sealed with Vatika frosting. When I woke up my hair still felt soft and moisturized. I say that this product is worth a try and when I finish up a whole bunch of other products I have in my stash I'll try the other formulas that they have (Jojoba and Tea Tree).

They had some hair one at the Sally's in Tucker (for my GA ladies). I ALMOST bought it, but I am still not sold on it (at least not enough to spend $11 :look:).

Back