HairOne Cleansing Cond. REVIEW THREAD!

Which flavor(s) of Hair One's Cleansing Conditioners have you tried?

• Jojoba

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Tea Tree

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Cucumber

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Olive Oil

Votes: 99 81.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poookie

For those of you that have tried Hair One's cleansing conditioners (available at Sally's for 9.99 with the club card :) )...

which one was your favorite?

and if you've also tried WEN, how does it compare???

I just bought the Olive Oil, but would like to hear from others that have tried this product.

titan

I'm using the cucumber Hair One cleansing conditioner. It is an invigorating experience. when I applied the product , my scalp immediately started to tingle. To me it seemed to relax my natural texture a little.

tnorenberg

I tried the cucumber too. I didn't think it was anything special. It was not as moisturizing as I had expected. However, I did like the tingle it left. Maybe I should have tried the Jojoba one. Next time. I have to finish this one first. Oh I forgot I can take it back.:grin:

titan

I'm going to order the WEN cucumber conditioner , and compare it to the Hair One conditioner. I want to see if Wen is better and if it is worth the hype. the Hair One Cucumber conditioner didn't seem to moisturize as well , but I have hard water and I didn' t clarify before I used the product. also there is Menthol in the Hair One product, which causes the tingling sensation.

prettypuff1

I liked it actually. I used the Olive Oil one. I my hair does feel a lot softer now that i have used it. I really like it.!!!!!!

Healthb4Length

I'm really begining to love my olive one as well. I won't give up shampooing because I love my shampoos but this is great for cowashing or for days when you don't have the time to do everything.

poookie

I smelled the jojoba one, and it STANK. well, like jojoba. i wonder if the smell wears off once you rinse it off...

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
What a coinky-dink, I'm dc'ing with the Olive Oil one for the first time right now! I told dh to get the Jojoba one for colored hair. What does he come back with? Olive Oil. Men :rolleyes: Anywho, I'm still under the dryer, but I'm VERY optimistic. As I was combing it through (as the directions said to do) it almost immediately softened my ng and I'm 4 months post!

I clarified/chelated first so I could get optimum results. I loooove the tingling sensation. Very cool :D I'll be back in about 25 minutes, after I rinse

(I'll also be using some as a leave in)

zanna

I tried the olive oil one and I am sold! I love it. My detangling my hair in the shower was a dream( I have 2 inches of natural hair growing out now and detangling the 2 textures after washing my scalp can be a challenge for me), my wide tooth comb was gliding through my hair with HaireOne. My hair was soft and supple and I could comb it well to put them in bantu knots( before that was challenge too!). I love it. I have never tried Wen but according to the decriptions on the Wen Infomercial, I would think it fits the descriptions given for Wen. I am not sure that Wen is better because it's the real thing, but since I cannot afford Wen I will settle for HairOne.

Zanna

Last edited:

Iluvsmuhgrass

I tried the Jojoba and I actually liked the scent. As far as co-washing it didn't compare to WEN (I lub my almond mint) but ladies I'll tell ya what... This is really good for a leave in! :yep:

Toy

I have and use the Wen fig and I have used the Hair one Cucumber aloe, I like it and will continue to use it as a leave in.,But I will Continue to use my Wen to condition my hair I cant be without it.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I just rinsed and I love it! My hair is so soft! I used some as a leave in too, and the comb glided through my hair. It was almost effortless. Hairloss was minimal too, which is great cause I'm 4 months post and usually lose a good little amount. I'm getting the Jojoba tomorrow. Can't wait :grin:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I bought the Olive Oil one about 4 days ago but haven't used it yet. I plan to on my next wash day that will be sometime in the next week or so. I will report back :sekret:

Honi

There is no board.
I wasn't impressed after washing my hair with either Wen or Hair One (olive oil) BUT, Hair one is great on dry hair! :love: My hair stayed soft, supple and moist for days

ShantWhite

I tried the olive oil one and I am sold! I love it. My detangling my hair in the shower was a dream( I have 2 inches of natural hair growing out now and detangling the 2 textures after washing my scalp can be a challenge for me), my wide tooth comb was gliding through my hair with HaireOne. My hair was soft and supple and I could comb it well to put them in bantu knots( before that was challenge too!). I love it. I have never tried Wen but according to the decriptions on the Wen Infomercial, I would think it fits the descriptions given for Wen. I am not sure that Wen is better because it's the real thing, but since I cannot afford Wen I will settle for HairOne.

Zanna

What she said...

Rain20

Hair one left my hair coated when I used as a conditioner. The dry scalp formula seemed to be better than the olive oil for me. WEN was ok but not great for me either. The Hair One was a good as a leave in and I did not think any of the Hair One conditioners smelled bad. HTH

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I used the olive oil for the 1st time yesterday. I liked the way it lathered. I'm not sure if it's better than or worse than Wen. I won't make that decision until I try it a few more times.

Divine_Order

I've never used Wen so I can't compare it. I have used the Olive Oil Hair One. I love it!:yep: I used it as a "wash" and leave in. Detangling was a dream...and my braid out was light...lots of movement. My hair even had a nice sheen to it:yep:...my hair is normally dull and dry looking.

SundaiMorn

I purchased the Hair One olive oil. I have used it twice. I liked it both times :yep:. I used about 10 squirts per wash. I was able to detangle and it left hair moisturize. I have never used WEN so I can not compare. I will be purchasing it again.

caramelcutieinva

I used the Hair One Olive Oil. First I clarified my hair with Mane N Tail Clarifying. Next I applied the hair one in three sections. My hair felt softer as soon as I applied it. I left it in while I began detangling with the denman. It felt great and my scalp was tingling. I rinsed it and my hair was still soft. As a conditioner I liked it.

I tried using it as a leave in and didn't like it. My hair was soft but felt coated and it was less curly.

Never tried Wen but I may buy some for Christmas.

merieds

I haven't tried Wen, but I do use Hair one olive oil and tea tree. I usually apply the tea tree to my scalp and olive oil to my hair. So far its help in leaving my hair feeling very moisturized and soft. I'm 6 weeks post right now and can comb through my hair effortlessly. I also use a little as a leave in.

CICI24

I've only tried Hair One olive oil cleanser its very moisturizing. It also makes for a good daily moisturizer for when I wear my hair in a bun and a great hand lotion, I found this out accidentally.

*Frisky*

I bought the Olive Oil one and it makes my hair really soft and manageable. I used it after a DC on dry hair with SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque. I think the combo of the two products really works well for my hair.

Healthb4Length

I've only tried Hair One olive oil cleanser its very moisturizing. It also makes for a good daily moisturizer for when I wear my hair in a bun and a great hand lotion, I found this out accidentally.

Thanks for the tip! I tried it as a hand lotion tonight and you are right it was very nice and moisturizing!

I got the Tea Tree this weekend, I'll be posting reviews when I get a chance to use it.

PAPRIKA

Why am I just hearing about this product!? I will definately be on the look out for it--I've been looking for a good daily conditioner and a lasting conditioner that will coat my strands. I will comeback to post reply once 've tried it out. Thanks for the heads up ladies!

Tamrin

unapologetic
I took out my kinky twists last night and today I used the Olive oil Hair One. I loved it. Combined with my Denman brush 17 weeks of new growth melted like butter. View attachment 20691

Last edited:

Rain20

Update: I have the olive oil and jojoba ones. I thought the product was coating my hair. I think I was going overboard with the amount of product I was using. I now use a bit less product and mostly cowash with it and I like it. I will probably buy again. I thought WEN was good but I just thought it was a bit pricey and did not want to keep ordering the product online.