Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

C

cieramichele

Be careful with the grapeseed oil, a member on nappturality found when making this mixture, the oil evaporated. I guess you can just put more than you need, but you may not want to waste it. Olive oil is really good too.

I'm so happy to hear others are getting results too. I thought I was nuts. Ciera, I'm struggling with that ruler challenge too. Especially after washing, my hair feels so much longer I just want to check

Lmao I need to find that challenge so I can tell them I dropped out.

PuddingPop

Be careful with the grapeseed oil, a member on nappturality found when making this mixture, the oil evaporated. I guess you can just put more than you need, but you may not want to waste it. Olive oil is really good too.

I'm so happy to hear others are getting results too. I thought I was nuts. Ciera, I'm struggling with that ruler challenge too. Especially after washing, my hair feels so much longer I just want to check

Thanks for the info. Glad I didnt make too much with the grapeseed oil. Just strained my first batch a little while ago. I'll let everyone know if it evaporates on me too.

Sui Topi

The mods said that it was inappropriate because its like advertising on the forum, and I am not a sponsor, which is perfectly fair. I asked if it would be appropriate if I put it on the product exchange board, but I don't think they got a chance to check their PMs yet (lol not everyone is on here 24/7 like me...I think they have lives). I think I'll put it in my fotki though.

robot.

ahh, i see, i see. :yep: i hope you're able to put it out there somehow - it looks like a great growth aid. be sure to keep me posted, please!

and i've been wanting to say this for a while... Sailor Saturn! she was my favorite! -nerd-

Sui Topi

ahh, i see, i see. :yep: i hope you're able to put it out there somehow - it looks like a great growth aid. be sure to keep me posted, please!

and i've been wanting to say this for a while... Sailor Saturn! she was my favorite! -nerd-

I put it in product exchange, they said it would be cool, just to be very careful not to cross the line and be advertising. Also, you can PM me if you want more info, or check out the fotki

missnappylady

I'm not using the Aloe Vera because, if I keep the mix in the fridge, I'll forget to use it. Do you guys think it will make a difference?

SilverSurfer

I'm not using the Aloe Vera because, if I keep the mix in the fridge, I'll forget to use it. Do you guys think it will make a difference?
No the Aloe Vera only aids in moisturizing not growth. I apply my aloe vera gel after I've applied my mixture and then again sometimes I do not use the aloe vera with it for some days

missnappylady

No the Aloe Vera only aids in moisturizing not growth. I apply my aloe vera gel after I've applied my mixture and then again sometimes I do not use the aloe vera with it for some days

OK. Thanks Chi Chi.

I know myself too well. If I put it in the fridge.... out of sight out of mind. Also, I don't think I would like putting cold stuff on my head every day. :cold:

Sui Topi

OK. Thanks Chi Chi.

I know myself too well. If I put it in the fridge.... out of sight out of mind. Also, I don't think I would like putting cold stuff on my head every day. :cold:

Why don't you try that lily of the valley 99.something% aloe vera gel? It has a slight preservative so you can keep it out the fridge, but you still get the conditioning. If you scalp is well conditioned, it will most likely show more progress.

Lebiya

Anymore updates?

Can someone please tell me if there is separate thread for RESULT updates on this mixture...please tell me, if not i will start one

Sui Topi

When everyone gets their stuff, I was hoping we could do like a challenge with everyone who is using it for a few months. But you guys have to make sure to remember and take pictures!

Petite One

Hey all:drunk:

I am trying out Moe's gro oil starting today. I took a few starting pics that I'll load onto my fotki soon.

Simple reggie
  • shampoo/conditioner combo(cream of nature)
  • Moe's gro oil
  • scritch- I reeeeally detest that word:lachen:
  • Moe's shealoe for extra moisture- doubt I'll need it though
  • no heat
  • comb out and air dry.
I'll be adding the sheloe to my edges when my hair gets long enough and will probably do a roller set here and there but nothing other than that. Except maybe using my homemade clip-in extensions for when I'm feeling bald.:yep:

The only other thing I do for my hair is that I sleep on a satin pillowcase but I'm looking for a silk one or a silk scarf to replace it.

BTW, Moe is answering questions about her recipe in her fotki http://public.fotki.com/newmoe1/

Last edited:

~marti26.

Hey I was wondering if anyone has used this mix with coconut oil. That seems to be pretty light. Also I've noticed that a couple people asked,(but I didn't see an answer) about using horsetail extraxt as opposed to using the herb. What do ya'll think.

hothair

I was thinking of just incorporating this in my current reggie, I use a mix of vatika, evoo and castor oil to "grease" my scalp daily so I think I'll add some horsetail and let it steep and use it as my daily 'grease"

Petite One

Hey I was wondering if anyone has used this mix with coconut oil. That seems to be pretty light. Also I've noticed that a couple people asked,(but I didn't see an answer) about using horsetail extraxt as opposed to using the herb. What do ya'll think.

In the nappturality forum some ladies did use coconut oil and a couple others like castor oil and olive oil. And some also used the horsetail extract, I don't recall them giving updates on the results though. Moe said it should work but it appears she leans more toward using the herbs, bulk herbs if you can find them.

Petite One

ok i just did a search on another site and the results from this mix seem pretty impressive

Me too, I was like whuuut?:eek:
Did you see the pic of the girl with kinky twists try it and her braids had grown out about an inch in just under a month?

cupcakes

Me too, I was like whuuut?:eek:
Did you see the pic of the girl with kinky twists try it and her braids had grown out about an inch in just under a month?

yea i think i am going to try it out.. ive been looking for an effective all natural alternative

LadyEuphoria007

When everyone gets their stuff, I was hoping we could do like a challenge with everyone who is using it for a few months. But you guys have to make sure to remember and take pictures!

Hey that's a good Idea!

I'm In. lol

I'm one inch from collarbone at my longest layer. Woot Woot.

C

cieramichele

Ive been doing this for over a week(since June 28th) and only missed 2 days I think. In some areas I got 4.25 - 4.30 and in some I have 4.5 - 4.60 . Some places like around my hairline is barely over 4". Its also a different "type". maybe its how I applied it? I started off with 4 inches all over my head. Now I have over 4" and july 26th would have been my date to get 4 inches according my 1/2 per month growth rate.

Im about to start on the second half but I will alternate that with my new experimental homemade mix.

Now I dont have to buy any other topicals! No ovation, no MT, nothing else. All I have to do is do my stritch/apply b4 bed. Only takes 3 minutes. :yep:

ETA: I have to drop the ruler challenge :look:

Ok, what in the world.... I cant be trippin.....
Now i DEFINITELY at LEAST have 4.5 everywhere and in some places 5" or slightly more.
I am GOING TO TAKE PICTURES THIS TIME.
this is bananas. I did however start exercising last tuesday

LadyEuphoria007

Ok, what in the world.... I cant be trippin.....
Now i DEFINITELY at LEAST have 4.5 everywhere and in some places 5" or slightly more.
I am GOING TO TAKE PICTURES THIS TIME.
this is bananas. I did however start exercising last tuesday

Girl you aint neva lied...this mix is the truth if you ask me. I haven't measured BUT I put in kinky twists the same day I started this...you can clearly see a difference when I dont scritch compared to the week I did.

I'm taking these K twists out after about 2 weeks. I'm welcoming this growth though.

STAPLE! :drunk: 4 LIFE!!

So...Can we get a challenge or what? lol

C

cieramichele

Girl you aint neva lied...this mix is the truth if you ask me. I haven't measured BUT I put in kinky twists the same day I started this...you can clearly see a difference when I dont scritch compared to the week I did.

I'm taking these K twists out after about 2 weeks. I'm welcoming this growth though.

STAPLE! :drunk: 4 LIFE!!

So...Can we get a challenge or what? lol

Why oh WHY didnt I take pictures? I guess I didnt believe it would work.
make the challenge!

I have to get my cameras timer to cooperate with me.

LadyEuphoria007

Girl I didnt' believe it would work either AND when I got the herbs in the mail I was thinking..."WTF did I just hop on this wagon"

I"m glad I did. I've put MN to bed.

~marti26.

In the nappturality forum some ladies did use coconut oil and a couple others like castor oil and olive oil. And some also used the horsetail extract, I don't recall them giving updates on the results though. Moe said it should work but it appears she leans more toward using the herbs, bulk herbs if you can find them.

Ok, thanks.