Have anyone tried these

mrshicks2002

Feather flat irons made by milstan. Some videos can be found here. http://www.youtube.com/user/milstan1#p/a/u/2/hJXCnUbmuww

I have been eyeing these irons for a while for my daughters hair thats natural and if I begin to like them well I think it would be a good way for me to transitioning to natural without having to deal with alot of ng at all time.

Thinking back in time the older generation this is all they used were marcel irons and grease and they had healthy heads of hair.

Somemore pictures can be found here of someone that uses the feather flat irons.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...=mf#!/album.php?page=1&aid=2732158&id=7925202

My stylist uses something that looks exactly like that. I never questioned on what type or brand it was.

That thing gets hot but it does straighten the hair. When she used it on me my hair was flatter than with a relaxer.

I don't use it anymore since the hairboards. The next time I visit my stylist I'm going to ask her what happened to her regular flat iron because I never see her use it anymore.

The results are amazing but I dont think its healthy for the hair to be using a metal iron on it, as they tend to have hot spots that can do irreparable damage to the strands. Ceramic is best.

Stylists love to use irons like that on their clients hair because they're all about achieving a "look" and not particularly concerned with the health.

Last edited:
Thanks alot and yes I agree it does look hot, but just like a pressing iron. You have to watch the heat or also use a control temp setting stove.

My stylist uses something that looks exactly like that. I never questioned on what type or brand it was.

That thing gets hot but it does straighten the hair. When she used it on me my hair was flatter than with a relaxer.

I don't use it anymore since the hairboards. The next time I visit my stylist I'm going to ask her what happened to her regular flat iron because I never see her use it anymore.

That little girl's hair looked beautiful. I just know I'd burn myself messing with one of those. How is it different from a regular marcel iron?

Last edited:
That little girl's hair looked beautiful. I just know I'd burn myself messing with one of those. How is it different from a regular marcel iron?

Yes it does and your hair is gorgeous also.:yep: The good thing is I know how to handle marcels, but I would rather take them to the salon to have them to do it.

I am not sure about how much different these are from regular marcels.

There has been a post about this before... the look is fabulous - but................. I just cannot risk marcels at all on my hair.... Ceramic is my heat choice.....

I agree with the other ladies...that girl had some bone straight hair by the end, but I definitely would not use that on a child of mine. Heck, I wouldn't even use that on my own head.

You can get a similar look with a quality pressing comb and a ceramic flat iron, and it would be better for the hair as well.

I think the person in charge of the milstan1 youtube channel knows it too, because I did leave a comment asking about the marcel iron and its ability to badly damage a natural head's curl pattern. The person replied saying that all heat can damage hair. So I said of course, but other irons use ionic and ceramic technology to lessen the likelihood of that happening. The marcel doesn't, it's just a piece of metal in an oven.

When I looked again, they deleted the whole conversation. :ohwell:

I agree with the other ladies...that girl had some bone straight hair by the end, but I definitely would not use that on a child of mine. Heck, I wouldn't even use that on my own head.

You can get a similar look with a quality pressing comb and a ceramic flat iron, and it would be better for the hair as well.

I think the person in charge of the milstan1 youtube channel knows it too, because I did leave a comment asking about the marcel iron and its ability to badly damage a natural head's curl pattern. The person replied saying that all heat can damage hair. So I said of course, but other irons use ionic and ceramic technology to lessen the likelihood of that happening. The marcel doesn't, it's just a piece of metal in an oven.

When I looked again, they deleted the whole conversation. :ohwell:

And there it is... Marcel irons can get as hot as 1000 Degrees!!!!! the average can be 800 degrees... and - most are at least heated to 500 degrees. Too hot for hair. :nono:

I know that is OK for some... but not for me.....

Back