Challenge anyone? Longer hair and Healthier Body 07' Challenge

planodiva

I'm in!!!!!!! I already eat really healthy but I don't really incorporate breakfast. So that will be one area I work on. Most mornings I will grab a fruit and drink water (does that count) Also I love coffee but I know that has to go. Are there any corners I can cut...like having a cup of coffee every two week (I'm trying here).

I don't like fish but sparadically take Flaxseed Oil as a supplement. I'll add that daily.

And the exercise. Whoa really need to get that together.

bablou00

I am in. I think this is the only challenge I am going to do this year. My girlfriends and I are on weight challenge to get to our goal wt this time next year for a friends wedding. I will just use what I am doing w/ that with this and continue my hair regimine. I can give some great ideas on workouts and fat free receipes. Working out is a big part of my life so feel free to ask me any questions. I will put some things together and send out the template I made up for my girlfriends.

morehairplease

bablou00 said:
I am in. I think this is the only challenge I am going to do this year. My girlfriends and I are on weight challenge to get to our goal wt this time next year for a friends wedding. I will just use what I am doing w/ that with this and continue my hair regimine. I can give some great ideas on workouts and fat free receipes. Working out is a big part of my life so feel free to ask me any questions. I will put some things together and send out the template I made up for my girlfriends.

wow, this would be totally AWESOME!:kissing4: You are such a sweetie for doing this!:rosebud:

youwillrise

alright!
this sounds pretty exciting.
i'll be going grocery shopping soon.
and i've been exercising fairly often lately
but i want to push it just a little more.

i need to work on:

+my sleeping habits (going to bed at a decent time)
+my eating habits (i'm vegan, so you'd think my diet was healthier and full of fresh fruits and veggies, but i slack! definitely going to stock up when i go shopping!)
+drinking more water. (i really only drink water [with the exception of a bolthouse farms juice, naked juice or vitamin water every once in a while], but STILL i dont get enough of water daily)

i'm also going to be adding a multi-vitamin/mineral to my regimen
(i want the all one powder)

HERE WE GOOOOO!
i'll add more as i think of it.

brickhouse

I am in. The only thing I am actually doing is drinking water. I need to change my habits. I have no excuse because I have 2 gyms where I work and a gym in my apt complex. I can't wait to get started. I would love to have a sexy body to go with my hair.

Hair Iam

I'm soooo ..In ... I need this so bad...I started at the gym 3 x per week, increased my protein, bagging hair 5 days per week. I only use heat everyone every 3 months.
I 'm asking for help with how to cut my carb and sweet habits:perplexed.
Since:look: 12/2006 I lost 15lbs, I have 40bs to go.
I'm putting down the scissors for 3 months ..this is another bad habit I have ... I think it's the hairdresser in me LOL

Last edited:

Amour

bablou00 said:

wow your STUNNING :) ... if i saw you on the street I would have to do a double take, you must have to carry a big stick around to fight the men off :p

SleekandBouncy

runrunrunner said:
alright!
this sounds pretty exciting.
i'll be going grocery shopping soon.
and i've been exercising fairly often lately
but i want to push it just a little more.

i need to work on:

+my sleeping habits (going to bed at a decent time)
+my eating habits (i'm vegan, so you'd think my diet was healthier and full of fresh fruits and veggies, but i slack! definitely going to stock up when i go shopping!)
+drinking more water. (i really only drink water [with the exception of a bolthouse farms juice, naked juice or vitamin water every once in a while], but STILL i dont get enough of water daily)

i'm also going to be adding a multi-vitamin/mineral to my regimen
(i want the all one powder)

HERE WE GOOOOO!
i'll add more as i think of it.

I like how you wrote out your plan. Everyone in the challenge should do the same. Write what specific areas you need to work on as well as the new regimen as per the challenge rules.

I'll go second:

I need to work on/will commit to:

- Eating breakfast
- Getting sleep -
- Drinking enough water - For this challenge I will have 8+ glasses a day
- Have breakfast, lunch and dinner at consistent hours -
- Consistently working out - I promise to join the gym this month. They have a pool so I look forward to going for laps. I'm also going to walk instead of drive whenever possible.
- Getting enough greens - I grew up vegetarian, but I've slacked off for years and I can go weeks without eating something green. However I can literally feel my body perk up when I have something green/fresh, my body feels cleaner, I feel less slugish and yucky.

Ayeshia

SleekandBouncy said:
I like how you wrote out your plan. Everyone in the challenge should do the same. Write what specific areas you need to work on as well as the new regimen as per the challenge rules.

I'll go second:

I need to work on/will commit to:

- Eating breakfast
- Getting sleep -
- Drinking enough water - For this challenge I will have 8+ glasses a day
- Have breakfast, lunch and dinner at consistent hours -
- Consistently working out - I promise to join the gym this month. They have a pool so I look forward to going for laps. I'm also going to walk instead of drive whenever possible.
- Getting enough greens - I grew up vegetarian, but I've slacked off for years and I can go weeks without eating something green. However I can literally feel my body perk up when I have something green/fresh, my body feels cleaner, I feel less slugish and yucky.
have you considered the green goodness 100% all natural juice by bolthouse farms...its has kiwi, greenapples, spirulina, and broccoli, and seaweed amongst other green stuff. Its very delish!

pattycake0701

Great idea:) I think I want to join and I plan to actually follow through on this one:look: I'll post my plan tomorrow after I think about it a bit. I know this is something I'll be able to do. I challenged myself to go vegan and totally cut and artificial additives and sugar for the entire last week and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be, but unfortunately, I returned to the bad stuff this week.:(

senimoni

Thanks for the details Sleek!!!!

OK I'll go next.

Old Diet - Hi sugar/carb/candy diet...little protein...no veggies etc.

New Diet - Which I've been doing for the last month or so...no white stuff, good carbs, healthy fats, fish daily, high protein.

Things I need to work on.

1) SLEEP - this is a huge problem for me. I'm lucky if I get 5 hours. I need to commit to a daily sleeping pattern. I'm going to try to move back the time in 15 min increments every could of days until I get at least 7. I am a huge insomniac so :shrug:

2)Physical Activity - 3 lifting and 4 cardio sessions weekly (cardio includes tennis but ideally 3 will be real cardio)

3) Supplements - Gotta work on getting these in consistently.

4) Water - I'm shooting for 4 liters, currently get 1 or 2.

5) I love my carbonated diet sodas. I'm going to commit to no more than one a day :)...and no carryovers..use it or lose it. Only after I have had at least 2 liters.

senimoni

What does it taste like Ayeshia ...I've purchased it at least 3 times and let it spoil...its sooooo green. LOL.

Ayeshia

senimoni said:
What does it taste like Ayeshia ...I've purchased it at least 3 times and let it spoil...its sooooo green. LOL.

it tastes really good. Very fruity and sweet but its really thick. It tastes the best ice cold. they improved the tatse from a few years ago. Back then it had a weird grass like taste to it and the taste was not tolerable whatsoever :barf:

SleekandBouncy

bablou00 said:

Hey girl! I just got your email, I'll respond next. I would love your help with the challenge, so any input you want to provide is greatly appreciated!

P.S
Your body look great, I'm jealous ;)

SignatureBeauty

Yeah!!! Now this is a Type of Challenge I am talking about LOL!!! Okay I am in, My Plan is as Follows:

(1) Stay Off Of LHCF So Much! (Internet as well)
(2) Go To Bed By 10:00pm
(3) Exercise 3 -5 Days a Week
(4) Up My water Intake/Lower my Sugary Drinks
(5) I am leaning into becomine a Vegetarian, my body feels real good when I eat no meat, I get no headaches, no sluggish feelings, no stomach noises, no aches & pains etc. (I done a 4 Month test study on mysefl lol)
(6)Get out of the House More
(7) Slow Down on Queene Ann Chocolate Covered Cherries (This is a Hard One For Me, I can eat them all day long & eat them only, I won't eat nothing else, they are an addiction, I am an Addict to these!!!

(8,9,10)Follow All The Above!

SleekandBouncy

Remember ladies to copy down or print out the rules for food. We have to stick to that for the challenge :)

P.S
I'll be updating my first post with tips, rules, progress, articles and good info so keep an eye out.

LadyCee

im in guys..gonna start soon...i need 2 lose some weight n get toned I know this will def. help my hair growth. wat do u guys think ab. the Master Clease diet but I mean for ab a week just to cleanse ur system 2 get rid of all the bad toxins and start off fresh b.c i think tats wats keeping me this way. wat yall thnk? any1 done the Master cleanse 4 this reason?

kally

Count me in, I have been trying to do right be my temple, but have no discipline, hopefully this will help me

MonaLisa

senimoni said:

Seni...you listen to Ayeshia and get you some Green Goodness....I've been pushing that on people (including a friend yesterday that doesn't like vegetables) to try it. I :love: it! I usually buy that and the Perfectly Protein. ;)

Good luck on the challenge! You can do it!:D

Radianthealth

Continue:
  • Healthy Eating: Focus on Veggies, Protein, Healthy Fats, & fiber
  • Oil Pulling
  • Scalp Massages
  • Drinking Water
  • Vitamins, Minerals, & Supplements (Brewer's Yeast, Chlorophyll, Spirulina, Flax Seed Oil, Iron, MSM, Pantothenic Acid, Hair Skin & Nail Vitamin) These will be my staples, but I need to use all of the vitamins I currently own :yep:
Increase:
  • LOA, Daily Affirmations, Positive Attitude.
  • Epsom Salt Detox Baths
  • Steam Session twice per week
  • Exercise at least 6 times per week
  • Consumption of at least 2 servings of raw vegetables or fruit. Goal=three :)
  • Getting a good night's rest
Decrease:
  • Time spent online
  • Artificial sweeteners
  • skipping meals
Some of this is not related to hair, but it is related to overall health so I included it in my list. I checked out the 6 superfoods for hair and most of them I don't like :(

I hate cooking beef, rice is cool but not my favorite, I avoid cottage cheese because I am lactose intolerant, I am not crazy about eggs either, & BACON...who wrote this list :confused:. I guess I will stick with Salmon:look:

Most of the foods on the list are things I try to avoid but at least when I have them I can say..."this is healthy for my hair" :)

Last edited:

Zawaj

I'm totally in!!! The following are some personal things I'll be working on:

• eating only halal or kosher meat
  • eating more fresh organic green veggies
  • cooking more
  • drinking at least 1/2 gallon of water
  • keep oil pulling
  • keep taking multi-vits, efas, 5-htp
  • stay away from allopathic meds unless absolutely necessary

youwillrise

i'll probably do my grocery shopping over the weekend.

i usually dont make a list,
but this time i definitely will.

i'm excited.

MzOptimistic

Great thread, I'm in...I need to eat healthier and I'm trying but can't figure what is the right food to eat and what is the wrong food and the hair part is a bonus:grin:

Thanks again, Sleek, for starting this thread:)

MzOptimistic

locabouthair said:
count me in. i really believe my bad diet is why my hair grows so slow.

See, that's what gets me. I'll be honest. I don't eat healthy, don't drink enough water daily ( If ever but I try, I really do) and my hair is still growing fast and is very healthy. So, I imagine, if I eat healthy my hair will really take off! I'm definitely in this challenge because I want to eat the right foods.:)