Have you had success with the Crown & Glory Method?

Have you had success using crown and glory method?

• Yes, my hair thrived!

Votes: 209 90.1%
  • No, my hair didn't like it.

Votes: 23 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SexySin985

What is it that you don't understand?

I've been doing C&G on my natural hair (no extentions) for about 3 months now. I love it, and my hair loves it. I can only keep my hair up for 1.5-2 weeks before redoing or I risk my hair to start the locing process (my ends try to coil over and bud)

I cleanse my scalp 3-5x weekly, and DC about 2x a week.

TO Nasdaq_Diva AND anyone else who can answer my questons:yep:

I am in boxed braids right now. I got them in on July 2nd and plan to keep them in for the remainder of the year while rebraiding the first 2-3 rows of the entire perimeter every month. Hopefully I can make it to Dec. with lots of growth.

Now that I have my regimen for the remaining months of this year in place I'm trying to get an idea for what I want to do for 2011..... I'm an eager beaver:drunk: I'm toying with the idea of doing the C & G method with no extensions (like you) for the beginning half of 2011. But instead of braids I want to get twists. So here are my questions:

1. When you wash and deep condition, do you get a lot of buildup?

2. I plan on getting the twist professionally done every 6 weeks (I really suck at doing styles:nono:).... What is the average amount of time (days, weeks) before you start to get build up and/or fuzzy braids/twist to the point where it needs to be redone?

3. Steaming..... Has anyone ever steamed in braids/twists with or without extensions? What was that like?

4. Do you dilute all your products like Robin suggest on the C & G website?

5. Hot oil treatments... I would never attempt to do a hot oil treatment while in extensions.... Have you or anybody had success with doing H.O.T.'s while in extension free twists/braids? I would imagine it would be hard to rinse out:perplexed

Last question I promise:look:

6. How do you prep your hair to go into the twist/braids with no extension? I know you wash and DC. But when you are done with all of that do you airdry, blowdry, and/or flatiron and then twist/braid? Or do you twist/braid on damp/wet hair immediately after washing?

Sorry for all the questions:spinning:

Nasdaq_Diva

TO Nasdaq_Diva AND anyone else who can answer my questons:yep:

I am in boxed braids right now. I got them in on July 2nd and plan to keep them in for the remainder of the year while rebraiding the first 2-3 rows of the entire perimeter every month. Hopefully I can make it to Dec. with lots of growth.

Now that I have my regimen for the remaining months of this year in place I'm trying to get an idea for what I want to do for 2011..... I'm an eager beaver:drunk: I'm toying with the idea of doing the C & G method with no extensions (like you) for the beginning half of 2011. But instead of braids I want to get twists. So here are my questions:

1. When you wash and deep condition, do you get a lot of buildup? No, I use my ayurvedic powders on my hair. I do not shampoo. For the most part, I use a paste of Shikakai, brahmi, and maka (when I have it) 1-2x a week. I was doing a shikakai co-wash, but that was causing me buildup, so I nixed that one. I also do a tea rinse 2-3x a week too. My DC right now is AOHSR. When I do get buildup, I cleanse my hair and scalp with conditioner/baking soda mix.

2. I plan on getting the twist professionally done every 6 weeks (I really suck at doing styles:nono:).... What is the average amount of time (days, weeks) before you start to get build up and/or fuzzy braids/twist to the point where it needs to be redone? For me, it wouldn't be economical to get them professionally done because they frizz up too fast. I get to the 1.5 week point when I'm like, "ok ND it's time to let em' go boo" :grin: but sometimes I still hold on for up to 2 weeks.

3. Steaming..... Has anyone ever steamed in braids/twists with or without extensions? What was that like? I'd like too. On my list of things to buy

4. Do you dilute all your products like Robin suggest on the C & G website? Nope

5. Hot oil treatments... I would never attempt to do a hot oil treatment while in extensions.... Have you or anybody had success with doing H.O.T.'s while in extension free twists/braids? I would imagine it would be hard to rinse out:perplexed Nope. I do scalp massages (try to get it in every night) with my ayurvedic oils though.

Last question I promise:look:

6. How do you prep your hair to go into the twist/braids with no extension? I know you wash and DC. But when you are done with all of that do you airdry, blowdry, and/or flatiron and then twist/braid? Or do you twist/braid on damp/wet hair immediately after washing? I never add heat to my hair. Not even indirect actually. Anyway, after I've washed and DC'd, I t-shirt dry my hair for about 30-45min.

Then, I add my leave in ( infusium, scurl, suave coconut, water), then moisturize with EVCO, finally I seal with Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey.

Sorry for all the questions:spinning:
Wow, I've never been called out in the forum before. I kinda...like it. :grin: