Have you had success with the Crown & Glory Method?

Have you had success using crown and glory method?

• Yes, my hair thrived!

Votes: 209 90.1%
  • No, my hair didn't like it.

Votes: 23 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

winnettag

I don't use her method with cornrows, but I do with individuals. For your edges, just make sure they aren't too tight and keep them moisturized. I use mostly ayurvedic products now, so I use her method with my products. What helped the most was learning to shampoo my hair in big braids when it's loose. My hair grew a lot and I didn't have to worry about it all the time and didn't spend as much time staring at my scalp to see if my hair grew!

ThatJerseyGirl

I currently have senegalese twist, and will get them re done every 3 months. I use Mega Tek Cell Rebuilder (growth aid) on my scalp (diluted in water with E Oil), morning and at night. Then daily, I spray my hair with my own mix:

Mega Tek Avocado Mist Leave in Spray - It's a conditioner, a detangler, oil and silicone free and moisturizer and reduces breakage mixed with

Infusium 23 - We all know what that does mixed with

Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Restructurizer spray.

No specific measurements...I just poured into a spray bottle, and the mixture smells wonderful. I drench my twists in it (where my own hair is).

That's it!

I DID!

Unfortunately, I had to cut my progress off due to stress and sickness that put me in no condition to even touch my hair. Oh well, I know Robin's simple method works and I can't wait to get myself together and get on board with it again!

pringe

i did an official modified C & G for 9 months with braided extensions and it did wonders for my hair. Now i'm trying to continue the C & G method with my own hair in twists.

pureebony

My hair did, I only wish I had done it from the beginning I would have saved allot of damage in my hair.

HoneyDew

do you ladies deep condition with braids in?

I don't. I condition it so much with leave-in sprays that I just don't have a need for it. It is just to omuch trouble for me.

I normally use Lustrasilk Cholesterol (The Shea Butter one - pre-formula change one :ohwell:). I use that on my hair after I wash it in the shower once a week, but I do not use a plastic cap or heat. I just leaveit on for a few min and rinse. It seems to rinse well and not leave build up at my roots and within the braids.

My leave-in conditioner spray that I use, instead of "braid spray", is good for conditioning my braids and keeping them moist for the long haul.

The only deep conditioning I do it the one between eash set of braids. Works well for me. :yep:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I have always worn braids on & off (didn't know anything about C&G or LHCF back then) and my hair thrived even though I didn't take care of it properly. So I figure if I do the C&G method now with all the knowlegde I have gained from LHCF, I will retain the length. The hairline thins only when the braids are put in too tightly, so speak up if someone is braiding your hair too tight! ;)
Ditto.........:grin:

ebonylocs

do you ladies deep condition with braids in?

I don't. I don't think it's necessary since my hair is protected and retains moisture that way. Spritzing daily / every other day plus weekly or fortnightly washing and conditioning or conditioner rinsing should be enough.

cocopuff06

I have always worn braids on & off (didn't know anything about C&G or LHCF back then) and my hair thrived even though I didn't take care of it properly. So I figure if I do the C&G method now with all the knowlegde I have gained from LHCF, I will retain the length. The hairline thins only when the braids are put in too tightly, so speak up if someone is braiding your hair too tight! ;)

Took the words right out my mouth!

finickyone

I used this method last year for my daughter. Her growth & retention was amazing. Her hair also stayed very moisturized using this method.

Foufie

I got micro braids and had for 2 months before I knew about C & G, needless to say I just simply wore them sprayed some oil (didn't know any better). When I took them out they were tangled and dry as hell. It took forever and I seemed to lose a lot of hair.

I stumbled across C&G (cause I saw it on here) and got micros again 3 weeks later and followed her method to the T. My hair was easy as heck to unbraid (ddin't even need the "unbraid" I purchased) and it was actually conditioned and soft when they came out. It took me less time to take them out and not to mention I had to take them out at about 6 weeks because my hair grew too fast for it to look still look decent.

This is second for her method, and this time I went with cornrows. It has grown about 3/8" in two weeks. I obviously I haven't taken them out yet, but I am sure it will soft and conditioned. :)

*Disclaimer: I do take hair vitamins as well*

LoveLongLocks

I used Robin's method, and she gives great information. I appreciate finding her website when I did. She has my photos as an example/testimony, so I am proof that it works.

As for your edges, don't braid them so tight...and do not add lots of hair, and it should do well.

Last edited:

NaturalBoss

I've also grown my hair out by wearing braids and twists. I found the C&G website almost a year ago, and the information there was very similar to what I was already doing. I think the C&G method is a good, common sense approach to growing your hair.

MangaManiac

I've been doing a modified version of C&G in the past and my hair always seemed to grow like crazy. Whenever I got it done my braiders would be shocked and one even jokingly complained, "Girl, I'm going to have to braid the full length of the fake hair 'cause your is so long!" I would usually only have her braid about 2 inches past my real hair, so our sessions took longer and longer.

My hair was really dry though, because I didn't condition or wash nearly as much as I should have. Now, I'm cowashing every day and spraying/moisturizing/sealing on top of taking vitamins, eating right, and trying to exercise. I'll report back after my length check, but it looks like a forest on top of my head!

aegis

my hair thrived doing this method before i even knew what it was called and without any sort of co-washing on my part.

naturalmanenyc

I will soon see if braiding was a success.

I had curly twists put in on 10/17 and plan to take them out this weekend. My hair is in cornrows underneath the crocheted hair. I have been using a mix of braid spray and Chi Keratin as well as washing & conditioning my hair while in the twists. I also started taking chlorella on 10/14/09 plus drinking more water.

I will be pleased if I gained a full inch in 9 weeks.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
When I first started my hair journey, I did the C&G for the first 6mos, followed Robins methods to the T and had a lot of success with retention. Don't know why I stopped.. anyway, I plan to do the C&G for all of 2010, hoping to get the same benefits as before.

Platinum

I've been doing a modified version of C&G since I started transitioning and I must say that I'm getting great results with it. My hair responds well with the cowashing and DC'ing, the condition of my hair has improved, I'm getting good growth, and I'm retaining a lot of my length.:yep: I really works for me!

ycj1

I did the braids for yrs on and off, but stopped! (Got bored with them) prior to knowing about the c&g method. Started again with the C&G method on 21 Nov 09 and my hair has grown at least 1 inch since that time. I know because I took one of my braids out to check my progress and it is growing like a weed! The pic is in my siggy!!!!

I plan on keeping up with this method for 2yrs. But have not been consistent with the washing every week nor have I used the Infusium 23, but I will. But I will follow the method as instructed. Maybe I will get better results.

I also noticed my hair is getting matted at the tip of the original braid. Maybe because I don't wash every week as I should.

I do take vitamins and am using the Ayurvedic oils every day, and use the African Pride spray every day as well.

I massage after the oils and spray! Massaging helps alot!

I thought I could get away with washing once a month but I don't think that is feasible for my hair because of the excelerated growth I am achieving.

I have the regular box braids but instead of using the synthectic hair I use the a-yarn. It's more cost effective and acheives the same results.

Oh, I forgot I drink alot of water too.

Water does a body good and so does these braids!!!

harrison

Since I wear braids often, I did a modified version of C&G as well. I switch between braids and twists. But I have had great results too.

lalla

I have had great results with or without extensions. I think the C&G method wors very well.
I moisturize and seal everyday, but I don't feel the need to deep condition my braids.

Duchesse

I'm in braids now and have had good growth when wearing them in the past. I just messed up my hair from over processing, but now the braids are good for me since I'm transitioning. The plan is to do C&G for the entire 2010, and some of 2011. I personally love not having to comb my hair, and my hair stays much more moist this way.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I do the c&g technique with cornrows. Best thing I could have done for my newly natural hair

naturalgyrl5199

I did it for the 1st 18 months after my BC....I went from mini afro (like 2 inches) to past APL in that time...Unfortunately...I did not give my hair much rest between installs and ended up with a little breakage in the crown...I think it had more to do with the type of weave and braids I did...I'd do micros in the front with a sew-in in the back. So now I have (pretty) layers which are growing out nicely....I may even cut them in layers again...When I would flat-iron it, it would frame my face beautifully...

After being out of braids and wearing my natural hair like 4 months I am back in braids (as of April 30)...I plan to keep these WL individuals in until July....I will get the front braids re-done in a few weeks.....

Pros:

Too many to count!
#1 was Low maintenance (I washed with Joico Shampoo and Conditioner), and trimmed like 1/2 inch every 2 months.

Tracking progress was great!

My only regrets:
I love it and would do it again but not for as long as I did.
Get more than 1-2 weeks rest between braid installs....
Get more cornrows than individuals....the micros are not good for your edges all the time.....
Alternate with braids with no extensions from time to time!
Take more time to use more products like oils to massage my edges and scalp
Do more DC-ing....

Hope this helps!

Nasdaq_Diva

any cons to this method anyway? I'm still trying to understand it!! (despite already talking to Robin).... lol
What is it that you don't understand?

I've been doing C&G on my natural hair (no extentions) for about 3 months now. I love it, and my hair loves it. I can only keep my hair up for 1.5-2 weeks before redoing or I risk my hair to start the locing process (my ends try to coil over and bud)

I cleanse my scalp 3-5x weekly, and DC about 2x a week.