Hello!! I'm new!! thank-u SerenityBreeze & Sylver2! also who does 6 weekly protein...

betty-boo

Sorry about the previous post! I was thrown off my login while I submitted the post! :lachen: Never mind.

But hello everyone!! I'm new!! I have been lurking for a few months and I have learned sooooo much from all of you!

Thank God that such a site exists! I also want to thank SerenityBreeze, because it was while I was doing a desperate haircare search on google that I found her album :fan: . I couldn't believe how beautiful her hair was and she answered all my questions too - so nice! She mentioned that 'LHCF' has been amazing for her. So I thought I really have to get some of this 'LHCF', and so I did another search and found out that its a forum!

And I want to thank Sylver2 for answering my questions and emailing me her regimen. Sylver2, you are so sweet! And your hair is just beautiful! (sobs) You've both been so influential. And thanks to all of you too!

My question is this:
How many of you do a strong protein treatment every 6 weeks? Is this necessary???

I use UBH deep Conditioner, which I think is a medium protein, every other week and humecto in the weeks in between. I don't know if this is enough. I have shoulder length hair and am currently in my second ever 13 week stretch. I would really like to have healthy shoulder length hair for now.

My Fotki is not available yet.....unfortunately my hair is lacking. But is getting stronger & thicker thanks to LHCF!! The best product ever

dlewis

Welcome.

How many of you do a strong protein treatment every 6 weeks? Is this necessary???

For me it's not, but you have to do what's best for your hair.

betty-boo

Thanks dlewis! You're hair is beautiful. I've visited your fotki so many times! Really inspirational.
Personally 6-weekly protein treatments don't make that much of a difference to me, but I thought there was maybe a reason why people did this.

moda

Welcome! When I was relaxed I never did a strong protein treatment, I would just use hair mayo, or cholesterol and it worked for me.

betty-boo

Hmmm. Maybe it isn't important at all then. Your hair is so healthy and thick by the way cincybrownsugar

carmella25

I usually do my protein treatment every 1 to 2 weeks. I use queen helene deep conditioner or lekair. I put the oil of my choice in there with glycerine, mayo, honey, and 1 egg. I leave it on for 1 hour while sitting under a heating cap, then sleep it with on till the next morning and wash and go. Thats it. HTH

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I don't do any strong protein treatments. I just do medium ones once a month using Motions CPR.

Arcadian

I think it depends on how your hair reacts to protien. I use keraphix weekly which enables me to not have to bother with harder protiens unless I'm combating severe damage. Plus my hair does much better getting its weekly protien shot as opposed to being so spaced out.

Some people can't tolerate protien so often, some can't tolerate it at all. Everyone's needs are going to be a little different.

You may want to start out with protien every 6 weeks to see if it works for you. It may or may not, but thats where paying attention to how your hair reacts after a treatment comes in.

-A

betty-boo

Aaah! Thanks you guys! Pokahontas, do you use light protein treatments in between and what do you use? I'm so in love with your locks :love:

betty-boo

Thanks Arcadian! Is Keraphix considered to be a medium protein treatment also?
I'm wondering, that perhaps I would need more protein treatments than most since over the last three years I've basically been killing my hair. I'm surprised there's anything left. :lol: :look: Perhaps those who have been practising good haircare for a long time, would not need so much?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
betty-boo said:
Aaah! Thanks you guys! Pokahontas, do you use light protein treatments in between and what do you use? I'm so in love with your locks :love:
Thank you. Well I only shampoo every two weeks so on the first one I'll do a protein treatment w/ Motions and on the second one I'll deep condition w/ Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense deep conditioner. I keep alternating like that (1 protein treatment per month and 1 deep conditioning per month). You always want to make sure to balance out protein and moisture.

That's the way I choose to do it and my hair thrives but you just keep doing your research and try different things out to see what your hair likes so you can come up with the best products and regimen for your hair. It takes time and patience but you will get there. Good luck!

chayil0427

betty-boo said:
Sorry about the previous post! I was thrown off my login while I submitted the post! :lachen: Never mind.

But hello everyone!! I'm new!! I have been lurking for a few months and I have learned sooooo much from all of you!

Thank God that such a site exists! I also want to thank SerenityBreeze, because it was while I was doing a desperate haircare search on google that I found her album :fan: . I couldn't believe how beautiful her hair was and she answered all my questions too - so nice! She mentioned that 'LHCF' has been amazing for her. So I thought I really have to get some of this 'LHCF', and so I did another search and found out that its a forum!

And I want to thank Sylver2 for answering my questions and emailing me her regimen. Sylver2, you are so sweet! And your hair is just beautiful! (sobs) You've both been so influential. And thanks to all of you too!

My question is this:

I use UBH deep Conditioner, which I think is a medium protein, every other week and humecto in the weeks in between. I don't know if this is enough. I have shoulder length hair and am currently in my second ever 13 week stretch. I would really like to have healthy shoulder length hair for now.

My Fotki is not available yet.....unfortunately my hair is lacking. But is getting stronger & thicker thanks to LHCF!! The best product ever

Hey...I use ApHogee Intensive Keratin (red bottle) once a week and it's done WONDERS ... I don't use strong protiens at this time. WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :weird:

Chayil

Lady_Lioness

Re: Hello!! I'm new!! thank-u SerenityBreeze & Sylver2! also who does 6 weekly protei

chayil0427 said:
Hey...I use ApHogee Intensive Keratin (red bottle) once a week and it's done WONDERS ... I don't use strong protiens at this time. WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :weird:

Chayil
I use this too...only the week after my touch-up.

The week b4 my touch is the only time I would use a strong protein treatment (aphogee treatment for damaged hair). Now, bi-weekly I use a protein conditioner.

sylver2

betty-boo said:

My question is this:

:wave: Bettyboo
Welcome to the board. Thanks for the shout out:))
I usually get a keraphix protein after every touchup which i get 13-14 weeks.

Arcadian

betty-boo said:
Thanks Arcadian! Is Keraphix considered to be a medium protein treatment also?
I'm wondering, that perhaps I would need more protein treatments than most since over the last three years I've basically been killing my hair. I'm surprised there's anything left. :lol: :look: Perhaps those who have been practising good haircare for a long time, would not need so much?

I think Keraphix is considered a pretty soft protien. But, will tell you right now that I found out that it worked for me by trial and error. So because it seemed to work so well (I use a couple of tablespoons weekly) I kept it in the weekly conditioner.

I also find that as I stretch my relaxer, its even more vital for me. But, again, some people dont dare use even a soft protien as much as I do because it just dosen't agree with their hair.

I think that as you get to know your hair and its needs, you can start guaging what to do if it feels dry or it gets brittle. Takes a little practice and preserverence (and a lot of reading!!)

-A