Help for humidity-induced frizz!

Glib Gurl

Even though I just got a relaxer about 2 weeks ago, my hair is not trying to lay flat :( The humidity is causing me to have loads of frizz. Any tips for helping my styles stay frizz-free? I'm thinking maybe applying a serum or something before I leave the house? Would that help?

Thanks.

P.S. - I am Type 4 hair.

Nonie

Yes, it would. When I had a relaxer, I'd apply a serum to my wet hair before styling and not only would I get a smooth finish, my hair'd keep it's fresh look. The serum I'd recommend is John Frieda's Frizz Ease. If using heat, use the heat protectant one.

sensi sweetie

Silicones are great for locking out moisture and preventing humidity related frizz.
Therefor I recommend using a coney conditoner and serum like John Frieda (as mentioned by Nonie)

Just be sure to clarify routinely to help prevent damage from buildup :)

Glib Gurl

I can definitely use a heat protectant . . . one question though, would I use it before or after I put in mousse (that I use before putting rollers in when I rollerset)?

Nonie

I can definitely use a heat protectant . . . one question though, would I use it before or after I put in mousse (that I use before putting rollers in when I rollerset)?

I think before. I used to use it w/ nothing in my hair and didn't use anything after it and my hair'd be nice and smooth. I think using it before would just make it coat your hair better.

Why not try it both ways. Before and then after and see which one you like.

Glib Gurl

I will try. I am deep conditioning under the dryer right now :grin: After I rinse it out, I will use the heat protectant, mousse up, put in some curlers and get back under the hood. Will keep you posted. THANK!