Help, My Hair Was Pulled Out From Braids!

Discussion in 'Hair Loss' started by TajBabii711, Jan 14, 2019.

1. TajBabii711

TajBabii711 Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Ladies,

I have two bald patches on either side of my hair from faux locs I had this summer. I got my hair relaxed in late December and my stylist had to shave down my sides to blend it in, but it still shows. These patches still aren't growing back even though I've been being nice to my hair. What do I do?

2. LostInAdream

LostInAdream Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh no! You can massage the area 2x a day with castor oil and rosemary essential oil.

mzteaze and kxlot79 like this.
  3. TajBabii711

TajBabii711 Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    What does that do, stimulate growth?

4. LostInAdream

LostInAdream Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes it does. You can fill a plastic applicator bottle with castor oil and add the essential
    Oil drops I typically do 15 drops per 8 ounces.

TajBabii711 likes this.
  5. felic1

felic1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    @LostInAdream I have had a similar experience. The advice of TajBabii711 sounded good and I will take in under consideration.

Here is my experience. I had those Senegalese twists. I had them installed twice. I had a triangular patch right in the front which was ripped out after my second install. This was in 2011. I gave up hope of my bald spot filling in. This year I decided to fight back and reclaim my edges. I created a multi oil mix in my 4 ounce empty liquid gold bottle. This was vitamin e, jojoba, grapeseed, olive,apricot,peach almond and amla brahmi. I used about a capfull of each. I added a half teaspoonful of sulfur powder to this and shook it up well. I would moisturize my hair with a glycerine spray, then apply my sulfur oil mix to the scalp. On top of that I would rub in some Jamaican black castor oil. On top of this I would apply some Alikay Naturals hair and scalp balm with has rosemary oil as a first ingredient to seal. My edges have been filling in but not as much as I want in that triangle area. I am doing these applications daily, nightly and twice a day if I remember. I want to restore my hair edges. I am really self conscious about it. I am encouraged to keep it up as long as necessary. I have some extra spray and another bottle of Jamaican Black Castor oil as a back up. There is a lot of information regarding edge restoration on LHCF as well as YouTube. There was a video about a lady named Mama Dukes with edge problems. Best wishes to you and your restored edges. Don't forget to cover your edges with a silk or satin scarf and the rest with a bonnet or use a silk or satin pillowcase. Fight for your edges!:boxing:

LivingInPeace likes this.