Hi Everyone

Connie

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Connie from western NY. I was looking at the Features of the Month and am impressed with how well many of you have grown your hair. My own hair is relaxed and almost to my armpits, but what I would like to do is transition from the relaxer and have healthy, strong hair that I can either press straight or wear natural, especially now that there's so many hair care products for natural hair as well as relaxed hair.

Has anyone here done this successfully? Did you do the big chop, or did you ever so patiently grow out all your relaxed length?

I'm looking forward to getting lots of helpful tips on hair care products and maintenance.

MrsQueeny

First of all welcome. I guess transitioning depends on you and your patience. I transitioned for about 2 or 3 months. My hair was past bra strap and I got it cut chin length in a bob. From there, I would where braids for about 2-3 months take them out, deep condition and wear twists for about a month and repeat. I did this until last year when I cut the remainder of my relaxer off. I still continue the same routine even though my hair is past my shoulders now. Nov will make 3 years for me. I'm sure some of the ladies will chime in with other tips in case braids is something you do not want to do. Most importantly, handle your hair carefully and Moisturize, moisturize. You don't have to spend a lot of money on products, you can just add some olive oil her and there and make the cheap products work good. Some of them are fine by themselves like suave.

Once again welcome and I hope I helped you a little. Take care and GOD BLESS!!! Q

Last edited:

Nay

Hi Connie

I just wanted to welcome you to the board.

Lots of ladies here have transitioned or are in the process, so I'm sure someone will be able to give you some help on that subject.