Hide your Hair 2014

NGraceO

This weekend is two weeks with my chunky twists:) yay! I could see myself hanging on to these for at least four weeks. I'm happy with them, they came out better than my last set; which is why I was so happy to remove those at only two weeks.

Anywho, pics! The third pic is of my nighttime bun.

My poor edges! They have broken of; I'm blaming it on my showering/ face washing practices.

Attachments

• image-3953786917.jpg
    image-3953786917.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1343907660.jpg
    image-1343907660.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2539332477.jpg
    image-2539332477.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 68

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Headed into week 4 and for some reason this install is going really well.

Thats not to say my hair is happy under there( we will see when I take it down), lol but theres no itchies as there normally are. I think its the fact that I've washed it more because its curly.

Hopefully the next 5 weeks flies by.

Aggie

I recently cut all my hair off and is now hiding it with a beautiful wig by Outre called Babe. I have it in 3 shades because it is really cute on me. I don't know if I'm interested in having long hair anymore but I do want healthy hair, so I'll remain a member for that purpose along with a healthy body and great skincare:yep:.

charmtreese

I recently cut all my hair off and is now hiding it with a beautiful wig by Outre called Babe. I have it in 3 shades because it is really cute on me. I don't know if I'm interested in having long hair anymore but I do want healthy hair, so I'll remain a member for that purpose along with a healthy body and great skincare:yep:.

Whattttt? Why did you cut your hair?

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Ha ha I still have these 2 cornrows in. Lol I am surprised I made it to 2 weeks with them. Unfortunately, I've been scratching up sores in my head so a relaxer may have to wait another week. Boo! Waiting would make me 16 weeks post.

NGraceO

Finally got my custom Italian yaki lace wig from classic lace wigs and I LOVE ITTT!!!! It's so gorgeous and looks EXACTLY like my blow dried hair.

I can't wait to wear it when my twists come out.

I still have no clue when I will touch up...and I'm not in any rush to do so. I am 22 weeks post.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Five weeks today. I cant wait for these next four weeks to pass so I can take this hair out. I don't miss my own hair, its just this hair is tangling so darn bad.

The back of my head where I sweat the most, is dreaded up. I don't even have the patience to try and get it loose. It's not noticeable unless you're touching on my hair in the back.

pre_medicalrulz

Still waiting on my wig to be made. Sigh... The hair I ordered hasn't come yet.

Are you ladies PS'ing on fresh ends? Trimmed ends? I hope so or you can wash all your hard work down the drain because you are not going to get any retention on raggedy ends. I know my two cents was unsolicited. Lol, don't stone me. Ijs

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

Still waiting on my wig to be made. Sigh... The hair I ordered hasn't come yet.

Are you ladies PS'ing on fresh ends? Trimmed ends? I hope so or you can wash all your hard work down the drain because you are not going to get any retention on raggedy ends. I know my two cents was unsolicited. Lol, don't stone me. Ijs

Well before I got this set of braids I thought I might need a trim but when I blew my hair out, my ends looked fine. I am trimming in August. That will be a year.

My ends are usually pretty good because I don't straighten, and I usually keep my own hair twisted or tucked away.

But great reminder! :lol:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I rarely trim my ends. Usually once a year and in the winter. I probably will trim in October or November. I have blown half my head out once in the entire time I've been natural. I usually detangle really well and snip my ends in twists if they look raggedy.

pre_medicalrulz

Well before I got this set of braids I thought I might need a trim but when I blew my hair out, my ends looked fine. I am trimming in August. That will be a year.

My ends are usually pretty good because I don't straighten, and I usually keep my own hair twisted or tucked away.

But great reminder! :lol:

I rarely trim my ends. Usually once a year and in the winter. I probably will trim in October or November. I have blown half my head out once in the entire time I've been natural. I usually detangle really well and snip my ends in twists if they look raggedy.

Lol I know you ladies got it covered. :)

That rant came from this chic who told me she was going to start wearing wigs but those ends tho!!! *shudders* She refused to trim. *oh well* LOL

NGraceO

So the twists were removed last night after 7 weeks!!! Having a style that long is huge for me.

My 23 week post hair surprisingly wasn't hell to deal with when I washed/ DC after the braid removal.

Still not in a rush to touch up. I'll do so when it becomes unbearable. The protein treatment I did seven weeks ago still has my hair feeling amazing.

Idk what is next for my hair. It's hot as hell, so I'm not sure if I can be about his wig life. I might be headed back to braid land before the week is out.

Aggie

Whattttt? Why did you cut your hair?

Hi charmtreese, I totally missed this post. I cut it off because around February this year, I had a Chi Enviro treatment done and it totally destroyed my ends - splits gone to bed.

I'm keeping it short moving forward because it looks good on me and it's easier to deal with. I will continue wearing braids and wigs for easier management but that is all it's for.

I spend more time in the skincare and health and fitness forum more than anything now. I rarely post in the hair forum these days - I just pop in now and then to keep up with most of what's going on.

I think it's time to purchase my own hair scissor to control the length and save myself some money:yep:.

Queensheba88

I got a chance to relax my hair I've been having extreme hair laziness I've been wiggling the majority of this Challange and it has proven to be the protective style my hair loves the most...the new growth was too much so I relaxed at 16 weeks post updated length pic in my siggy....I'll be back wiggling it next week

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Has anyone ever had faux locs installed? Not the yarn ones, but the marley ones . I want that to be my next protective style but I dont want mine to look shiny. I want them to actually look loc-ish, if that makes sense.

I want them to look like this

or this

not like these

NGraceO

Has anyone ever had faux locs installed? Not the yarn ones, but the marley ones . I want that to be my next protective style but I dont want mine to look shiny. I want them to actually look loc-ish, if that makes sense. I want them to look like this or this not like these

Gorgeous!!

NGraceO

Soooo I think I'm back on wigs. I'm head over heels in Love!

I've been working on the blending for this beauty and I just did a braid out on it last night.

Attachments

• image-2785008761.jpg
    image-2785008761.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2203230505.jpg
    image-2203230505.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1234368432.jpg
    image-1234368432.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image-737713418.jpg
    image-737713418.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3584179485.jpg
    image-3584179485.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2235199334.jpg
    image-2235199334.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1473771257.jpg
    image-1473771257.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 50

Whit

I took my weave out and I am posting progress pics in all of my subscribed threads. I think I may be full(ish) bra strap at this point. On the left side of each photo: weave take down, wash, condition, flat iron on April 29th. On the right side of each photo- weave takedown, wash, condition, flatiron, and trim on July 7th.

image-3399265175.jpg

image-788210106.jpg

I will be right back in a sew in on July 11th :)

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Whit

What does your length check tee say up under your hair? I can only make out Health and Progress. Your LCT is unique because it has the ruler on it.

pre_medicalrulz

I finally get my custom wig this weekend. I noticed I gained some nice retention with this last relaxer from my braids so I will be bunning it until then.