Hide Your Hair Til July 4th 2007 Challenge!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

Now that we have revealed our hair for the April Fool's challenge, it's time to get back to hiding for our next installment in the HYH Challenge series.
I hope everyone from the last 2 HYH challenges will be joining us again and that we'll have new challengers.

Challenge Rules:
  • Simply hide your hair in whatever style you choose. Just keep the length of your hair hidden. Keep it hidden from as many people as possible (family, friends, coworkers, etc.).
  • Keep update pictures hidden or locked from LHCFers. The purpose of this is to give everyone a nice treat at the end of the challenge. The reveal threads are soooooo motivating especially when you get to see 3 months of growth at one time.
  • You may have passes to wear your hair down for special occasions. Try not to use more than 3.
  • The challenge start today April 2nd and ends at 12am on July 4th.
  • Take a starting point pic for the reveal thread on July 4th.
  • Do whatever you normally do for your regimen in terms of washing/conditioning/moisturizing/treatments.
Challenge Payoff:
  • Length Retention!!!!! Those of us who have done the challenge already (or looked at the pictures in the reveal thread) know that this really works!
  • Everyone including (LHCFers) will get a nice treat when we get to see your hair at the end of the challenge.
I look forward to having everyone join us! Trust me this challenge really works if you stick to it!

RabiaElaine
CAPlush
MamaBraidedIt
imstush
tsmith
jaded_faerie
sunnydaze
DCBrown
e$h
Bosslady1
stilettos
Ineedhair
Kweenameena
kbody4
ThursdayGilr
growinglong777
scarcity21
song_of_serenity
msbrown76
blue_flower
VWVixxen
bmoreflyygirl
Blackoutzangel05
PME_LADY
amara11
growingbrown
Cayenne0622
amwcah
growinstrong
DenverGirl
simplycee
ak46
Brownsis
LiberianGirl
Lov3lyHair
jturner7156
Sashaa08
IvyHair
Cholet112
Iluvsmugrass
bellezanegra826
blac_quarian
Ummalhadiqah
kenyanah
fallback
prettygirlatl
aprilj
minidee
Mocha5
Alli77
soun
KeraKrazy
caramelty
wheezy807
senimoni
simplycee
cocopuff
LaReyna756
Mom23
sxyhairfetish
vivadiva85
Ariana4000
soxgirl1199
prettypuff1
valenciab
missjoey
MonaRae
tetbelle
thenappygirl17
kisskiss
mscocoface
jtsupanova
Guyaneek
Ms.Cleo
Monilove122
bLackButtaFly
ONAMSHN
MsBiz
Naturellle
PEACHEY
zillaxy
ReneeD
nataliehairisgrowing
Inhair
MonaLisa
prettynina
eunique
gabby1
Christa438
LADYCHOCOLATE
preciousjewel76
msjackson8
SexySin985
charmj
nelli711

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

tsmith said:
You already know:D I already have my HYHTJC reminder in my siggy:)

Thanks for reminding me...I'll go change my siggy now.

And for those that don't know Tsmith is my backup/challenge assistant. She can answer any and all questions if you can't find me :).

MzOptimistic

RabiaElaine said:
Thanks for reminding me...I'll go change my siggy now.

You're welcome:D
And for those that don't know Tsmith is my backup/challenge assistant. She can answer any and all questions if you can't find me :).

:grin: :grin: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DCBrown

Im in! I'll be hiding under a fall again. I'm trying to get to armpit by July and I know I get faster growth in the spring/summer than the fall/winter so I hope for more progress than last time! Happy Hair Growing and Good luck to all!

ThursdayGirl

I think I'm in.. but here's my question... when you say hide your length, does that mean only buns and such? I'm a natural...and when my hair is doing its shrinky-dink thing...its not quite long enough to put in a bun...or in a french bun. I do wear protective styles though. Will that work?

RabiaElaine

ThursdayGirl said:
I think I'm in.. but here's my question... when you say hide your length, does that mean only buns and such? I'm a natural...and when my hair is doing its shrinky-dink thing...its not quite long enough to put in a bun...or in a french bun. I do wear protective styles though. Will that work?

Any protective style that protects your ends is fine. If you can keep the length of your natural hair hidden even better (because that means the ends are that much more protected). Just find some styles that work for you.

I hope you'll be joining us!;)

kbody4

Please count me in!! I'm in a hair slump and after seeing everyone's progress, I'm motivated again, Especially after seeing Tsmith, Cayenne, and Ambitious1013 progress ;) I'm 11 weeks post and I never go that long without relaxing :eek: After I cut off 4 inches of hair, I felt frustrated so I just haven't paid that much attention to it since. I just washed, conditioned and moisturize if needed :( I have to relax tonight and will post my starting point pics.

Blackoutzangel05

Sign me up. I have a start picture from Friday, sorry but I can not take another one because my hair is "done" for the week. I will create another fotki for this challenge! I am expecting to see great results!