Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

TrueSugar

1. Current bloodwork normal.
2. Working on different outlets to reduce stress.
3. I will be working to improve my diet througt meal preparing and trying hair smoothies. I want to increase my water intake to 1 gallon of water per day and completely remove sugar and processed foods from my diet.

Current length:
I will have one up the new year.

Regimen:
I don't have a good one right now, I will be working on it.

Exact goal length: hip

Plans to help you achieve your goal:
Protective stylingand stretching

List any vitamins/supplements you are taking:
Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin and Nails

Your ends care regimen to keep them healthy:
I don't really have one right know but I will try the GHE method 3x per week to begin with.

Trimming/Dusting/S&D'ing schedule/routine:
I like the idea of 1/4 inch every 6 months.

Top 10 products:

I would say that water, coconut oil, and aloe vera juice are my top products at this time.

Luxlii

Picture taken today.

Current length:
Mbl Waist Lenght

Regimen:

Wash and condition on Wednesday 40 mins under the bonnett dryer.
Protein 1 to 2 times per month.
20 or so large braids redone each week.

Exact goal length:
Hip Length

Stretch relaxers
Braids or buns low manipulation
Xcel 21 2 x per day on my scalp

Collagen, hyaluronic acid, fish oil, biotin, msm, phytoceramides

GHE method a few times per week. Butters.

As needed around 2x per year.

Top 10 products:
My or natural product glycerin and water spray.
Keracare Humecto
ORS hair mayo
Duotex
Hair lotions: Dew, Qhemet heavy cream, ORS cream.
Sealers: Castor oil mix, shea butter, Qhemet butter
Xcel 21 on my scalp
(I went over sowwy)

Last edited:

greenbees

I totally understand you! I get the same way sometimes and seem to go through spurts of this every summer. I call it the hair blues. I can share with you some things I do when I get into that same funk.

You're so kind, thank you for these tips! I think washing my hair on a weekday or very early on the weekend would really help! :bighug:

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
1. Current bloodwork normal.
2. Working on different outlets to reduce stress.
3. I will be working to improve my diet througt meal preparing and trying hair smoothies. I want to increase my water intake to 1 gallon of water per day and completely remove sugar and processed foods from my diet.

Current length:
I will have one up the new year.

Regimen:
I don't have a good one right now, I will be working on it.

Exact goal length: hip

Protective stylingand stretching

Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin and Nails

I don't really have one right know but I will try the GHE method 3x per week to begin with.

I like the idea of 1/4 inch every 6 months.

Top 10 products:

I would say that water, coconut oil, and aloe vera juice are my top products at this time.

@TrueSugar Welcome to the Challenge Sis! Please tell me you plan to share these hair smoothie recipes with us as you make them! :pray: I love smoothies! They are such a great and easy way to get in the bulk of your nutritional needs in one sitting.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

Picture taken today.

Current length:
Mbl Waist Lenght

Regimen:

Wash and condition on Wednesday 40 mins under the bonnett dryer.
Protein 1 to 2 times per month.
20 or so large braids redone each week.

Exact goal length:
Hip Length

Stretch relaxers
Braids or buns low manipulation
Xcel 21 2 x per day on my scalp

Collagen, hyaluronic acid, fish oil, biotin, msm, phytoceramides

GHE method a few times per week. Butters.

As needed around 2x per year.

Top 10 products:
My or natural product glycerin and water spray.
Keracare Humecto
ORS hair mayo
Duotex
Hair lotions: Dew, Qhemet heavy cream, ORS cream.
Sealers: Castor oil mix, shea butter, Qhemet butter
Xcel 21 on my scalp
(I went over sowwy)

@iluvmario Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!! Your profile pic made me start singing "you should let me love you, let me be the one to give you everything you want and need". I just had a mini concert in my head!

So excited to have you!

SmilingElephant

I cut more of my hair off last nite. My ends were just irritating me. So I cut to where they begin to thicken up more.

So I'm at MBL/WL. Maybe in a few months I'll be back at Whip...bc I'm scraping waist length right now. At least I won't have to trim as much off the next time I trim. :)

Definitely changing up my products and hair styles.

Attachments

• 20161112_111218.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 68

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
I am in!!!
Current length
: My current length is BSL. I hope I get gain the length to reach my goals. I am focused.
Im planning on doing a green smoothy daily. (Working on the ingredients, I want to try and include somethings for hair growth)

Regimen: I plan on keep my hair in Genie Locs/Yarn Wraps for 4-5 months a year. (Winter months)
I will spray water/conditioner mix on my locs daily or every other day, then squeeze the moisture into my hair. I will completely saturate my locs in the shower 1x bi-weekly. I plan on doing an ACV rince every 3 weeks. Take down/redo every 4-6 weeks.

Exact goal length: My goal length is HL

protective styling, my growth aids, leave it alone method, moisture moisture moisture and babying my hair 24/7

Hair Skin & Nails Gummies, Netwerks21, and I may try Silica horsetail if I can find them.

Keep them tucked away

Trimming/Dusting/S&D'ing schedule/routine
: I plan on dusting them at the end of my 4 month faux loc protective style

Top 10 products:
Giovanni conditioner, kinky curly knot today JBCO Coconut oil

I will post a picture after my first take down, since I just put my locs in last night!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I am in!!!
Current length
: My current length is BSL. I hope I get gain the length to reach my goals. I am focused.
Im planning on doing a green smoothy daily. (Working on the ingredients, I want to try and include somethings for hair growth)

Regimen: I plan on keep my hair in Genie Locs/Yarn Wraps for 4-5 months a year. (Winter months)
I will spray water/conditioner mix on my locs daily or every other day, then squeeze the moisture into my hair. I will completely saturate my locs in the shower 1x bi-weekly. I plan on doing an ACV rince every 3 weeks. Take down/redo every 4-6 weeks.

Exact goal length: My goal length is HL

protective styling, my growth aids, leave it alone method, moisture moisture moisture and babying my hair 24/7

Hair Skin & Nails Gummies, Netwerks21, and I may try Silica horsetail if I can find them.

Keep them tucked away

Trimming/Dusting/S&D'ing schedule/routine
: I plan on dusting them at the end of my 4 month faux loc protective style

Top 10 products:
Giovanni conditioner, kinky curly knot today JBCO Coconut oil

I will post a picture after my first take down, since I just put my locs in last night!

@NCHairDiva Welcome to the challenge. If you are not opposed to ordering online, I purchase my silica from Vitacost. It's extracted from horsetail (1000 mg) and also includes 67 mg of calcium. I don't know if the extra calcium is important to you, but I don't drink milk or eat most milk products so I like to get a lil extra in.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
It's been 2 weeks since my last wash and my hair is getting that "time to wash smell". :lachen:

Bout to shampoo with Joico MR shampoo
Quick protein treatment while I perform shower duties with Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
15 minute DC under my hooded dryer with Joico MR balm
Curl Junkie Beauticurls as a leave in. Seal my ends with Qhemet.

Stretch my mini braids with rollers then cross wrap.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
@NCHairDiva how long did it take you to install the faux locs and how hard is it to do? Can't wait to see them!
Listen, I love these faux locs. I wear them mostly in the winter. When they are in correctly and cared for the is amazing growth and retention!
It took me 3 hours for the braiding portion and another 2 hour for the wrapping. Ive worn mines for 2 months but my teenage daughter has kept them in for almost 4 mounths! With no fall!

Last edited:

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
@NCHairDiva Welcome to the challenge. If you are not opposed to ordering online, I purchase my silica from Vitacost. It's extracted from horsetail (1000 mg) and also includes 67 mg of calcium. I don't know if the extra calcium is important to you, but I don't drink milk or eat most milk products so I like to get a lil extra in.

That sounds good. I will look at Vitacost today and find it... Do you happen to have a picture of what you have? I'm soooooo excited to increase my growing potential ! !!

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I had fallen off the vitamin train, out of laziness honestly, but I'm back on it. I really need to fix this diet. I was doing good then the stress of school took its toll. I need to meet @lulu97 over in the fitness forum for some motivation.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I had fallen off the vitamin train, out of laziness honestly, but I'm back on it. I really need to fix this diet. I was doing good then the stress of school took its toll. I need to meet @lulu97 over in the fitness forum for some motivation.

Come on over Sis! I post the most in the "What did you Eat today" thread. I don't know why though cause I eat the same things almost daily! LOL

For our first mini challenge over here, I'm thinking of adding in a food challenge so just hang in there....I'mma bring the health/fitness over this way! :2inlove:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's been 2 weeks since my last wash and my hair is getting that "time to wash smell". :lachen:

Bout to shampoo with Joico MR shampoo
Quick protein treatment while I perform shower duties with Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
15 minute DC under my hooded dryer with Joico MR balm
Curl Junkie Beauticurls as a leave in. Seal my ends with Qhemet.

Stretch my mini braids with rollers then cross wrap.
You are so funny sis :laugh::laugh:

How have you been styling your mini braids? I'm getting tired of these wigs:look:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I have just bought the Silica @lulu97... Now with applying this to my regimen I pray it will do some amazing things to my hair. I would lovd to gain at least .75 of an inch a month so that I can make all my goals.

I hope they work out well for you!

I should have warned you that the pills are on the bigger side. I thought about that after I responded and forget to edit my post.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
You are so funny sis :laugh::laugh:

How have you been styling your mini braids? I'm getting tired of these wigs:look:

I wear them in all kinda styles! Top knot, low bun, all down with a headband, half up half down, french braid, high or low ponytail, braided ponytail or all down with a turban knotted on my forehead. I cross wrap them at night and if I don't feel like unwrapping them the next day: I'll leave them wrapped, put my silk dome cap over them and either throw on a beanie or a turban scarf with the knot tied at the top of my head.

sunshine737

Hi, I'm new here :wave:Long time lurker, first time poster...

Current length:

Just realized I made waist length :)

Regimen:

Wash once a week with shampoo.
Henna once a month.
Pre-poo with coconut oil before every wash.
Deep condition after every wash.
Mild-Med protein treatment at least every other wash. (My fine natural 3c high porosity hair loves protein)

Exact goal length:

Tailbone

Reducing my stress levels
Self care
Get more sleep
Increase protein intake

Multi vitamin
Fish oil
Silica

Seal my ends daily with shea butter (this has helped tremendously, my ends have always been my sore spot)

Trim 1/2 inch every 3-5 months, depending on current need.

Top 10 products:

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Goldwell Kerasilk Ultra Rich Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
Shea Butter Mix (homemade)
Oil Mix (homemade)
Henna
Ion Reconstructor
Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil leave in
Water and Aloe Vera Juice Spray Mix

caliscurls

It's been about a month now of consistent supplement/vitamin taking, improved diet, and drinking half my body weight in ounces of water daily. Usually my nails mirror the health of my hair and they look great! Strong and growing quickly.

I also just feel better now that I'm back eating and drinking water like I should. Fitness wise I'm working out 6 to 7 days a week for an hour (weights 4 days, cardio/plyo the others) and seeing better results there as well. Two weeks ago I started meal prepping after procrastinating probably a year ago to do it, lol! I thought it'd be cumbersome but I actually really enjoy it!

After reading through that thread about Netwurks Xcel-21 I'm sooooo tempted to start using it! But I just started using Komaza's Aloe My Hair Growth Serum so will see how it goes with that first before switching....I'll buy some just in case though :biggrin: becuase I'm having scissor twitches and want to cut another 2 inches off where my ends are thin.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Hi, I'm new here :wave:Long time lurker, first time poster...

Current length:

Just realized I made waist length :)

Regimen:

Wash once a week with shampoo.
Henna once a month.
Pre-poo with coconut oil before every wash.
Deep condition after every wash.
Mild-Med protein treatment at least every other wash. (My fine natural 3c high porosity hair loves protein)

Exact goal length:

Tailbone

Reducing my stress levels
Self care
Get more sleep
Increase protein intake

Multi vitamin
Fish oil
Silica

Seal my ends daily with shea butter (this has helped tremendously, my ends have always been my sore spot)

Trim 1/2 inch every 3-5 months, depending on current need.

Top 10 products:

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Goldwell Kerasilk Ultra Rich Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
Shea Butter Mix (homemade)
Oil Mix (homemade)
Henna
Ion Reconstructor
Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil leave in
Water and Aloe Vera Juice Spray Mix

@sunshine737 Welcome! You came in to the forum with a bang! Already at waist...congrats on that...it's a pretty big milestone to achieve. Looking forward to watching you get to your goal of tailbone.