Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

mariofmagdal

Hi All,

My herbalist recommend that I take Chlorella, Alfalfa and some other essential vitamins. I came to this thread to find the best website selling Chlorella, but this thread is sooooo lengthy.

Can someone please recommend a brand and/or a site from which I can purchase?

TIA,

SNJ

Personally I take Earthrise and love them. I chose them because they are a specialty company and even harvest their own Spirulina. Another good brand is Source Naturals. I have used them both without problems. My preference is Earthrise.

I purchased both brands @ www.luckyvitamin.com

Welcome to the life of GREEN, browse the first posts when you can, I know reading the entire post may be overwhelming. You can always post a question here and anyone of these fine ladies will chime to your rescue. Have a grand ole' GREEN day!

Last edited:

soonergirl

Personeally I take Earthrise and love them. I chose them because they are a specialty company and even harvest their own Spirulina. Another good brand is Source Naturals. I have used them both without problems. My preference is Earthrise.

I purchased both brands @ www.luckyvitamin.com

Welcome to the life of GREEN, browse the first posts when you can, I know reading the entire post may be overwhelming. You can always post a question here and anyone of these fine ladies will chime to your rescue. Have a grand ole' GREEN day!

Hey are you taking the pills or powder??? Thanks...

cubanit

Okay im on board. Im taking Vitamin shoppe brand also. currently 1000mg per day. Ive been doing so for a week now. Next week ill move up to two and so forth. I havnt noticed any differnces but im paying close attention.

mariofmagdal

Hey are you taking the pills or powder??? Thanks...

Earthrise does not make a Chlorella Powder, but their tablets are 500mg, so there are not so many pills to take. Being a specialty company that harvests it's own Spirulina, they do have that in poweder form.

I have never taken Chlorella in a powder form, I don't think I could bear the taste. However, my preference is capsules. They are easy and can be taken with you when on the go.

mariofmagdal

Okay im on board. Im taking Vitamin shoppe brand also. currently 1000mg per day. Ive been doing so for a week now. Next week ill move up to two and so forth. I havnt noticed any differnces but im paying close attention.

Welcome to the life of GREEN! You are on your way to some really healthy benefits. If you have any questions along the way, just post them and any of these fine ladies with an answer will be glad to help. Have a great GREEN day!

paradise1975

I have recently begun taking chlorella as well. I initially brought my bag from a company called nuts online but when I'm done with this one I'm going to use source naturals. I have been experiencing some detox symptoms such as headache and fatigue but its getting better. I mix mine in with 8oz of cranberry juice along with my greens plus powder and maca root powder. I have learned so much from the ladies on this board. Thank you!

Naturefreegirl

Hi Ladies

I wanted to come back in here, since April I was takes the Barlean's that had Chlorella , spirulina and chlorophyll in it, and it was great, but I was always curious about taking Chlorella itself. I am going to haiti for two weeks and I said let me try it.

I am currently taking the source natural yaeyama . Today I did a strawberry and banana shake, I through two pills in there is that ok? I was reading that it's best to take 10 pills per day, lord knows I am not ready for that, when can i increase my intake it has only been two days.

mariofmagdal

I have recently begun taking chlorella as well. I initially brought my bag from a company called nuts online but when I'm done with this one I'm going to use source naturals. I have been experiencing some detox symptoms such as headache and fatigue but its getting better. I mix mine in with 8oz of cranberry juice along with my greens plus powder and maca root powder. I have learned so much from the ladies on this board. Thank you!

Welcome Aboard to a life being GREEN! You are gonna love it! Much success to you. :grin:

mariofmagdal

Hi Ladies

I wanted to come back in here, since April I was takes the Barlean's that had Chlorella , spirulina and chlorophyll in it, and it was great, but I was always curious about taking Chlorella itself. I am going to haiti for two weeks and I said let me try it.

I am currently taking the source natural yaeyama . Today I did a strawberry and banana shake, I through two pills in there is that ok? I was reading that it's best to take 10 pills per day, lord knows I am not ready for that, when can i increase my intake it has only been two days.

You are off to a good start, slow is better, you may not notice anything right now. I would increase weekly. You should be okay. With regards to capsules, it may depend upon the maker/manufactuer whether or not you can get pills or capsules. Some people are making their own capsules I think. The pills are just compressed powder and may not be much different other than getting into the system a little slower, or to combat that you could always chew them, a lot of people do, me personally I would not chew, I probably can't handle the taste.

Have fun being GREEN!

Phoenix11

I'm in awe. I've been using Chlorella for about 3 months. Initially I saw excellent benefits & went green in record time. Steadily moving along at 9 grams of Sun Chlorella pills (I cannot stomach powder) I decided to switch to Source Naturals because I could get it at Whole Foods for much less than I paid for the Sun. Wells the benefits, how do you say, ceased:wallbash: !!! I'm serious I maintained the benefits I had but nothing more. I brought two boxes so I had to finish. When I had about 5 days left I order my beloved Sun pills on Ebay. I have been taking them at 12 grms for 4 days and my nail growth has returned as has my energy and my SO said, "Don't take this the wrong way but your face looks juicy. I mean like moist:blush:" Coming from him, trust that is a compliment.

Needless to say I am happy regarding my choice and more fine results with this brand of Chlorella. I just love being green!!!

Hi...I'm using Sun Chlorella also. I haven't been able to wrap my head around the grams thing, so how many of those tiny little pills are you taking to reach 12 grams?

BTW...Sun Chlorella has an auto ship program which offers a slight discount. I signed up for it as I don't want to run out. hth

mariofmagdal

Hi...I'm using Sun Chlorella also. I haven't been able to wrap my head around the grams thing, so how many of those tiny little pills are you taking to reach 12 grams?

BTW...Sun Chlorella has an auto ship program which offers a slight discount. I signed up for it as I don't want to run out. hth

Luckyvitamin and vitacost do as well. Makes it really easy. You made a great point.

msa

I haven't started my chlorella yet but my plan is to start low and slowly increase. Since I have lupus I don't want to shock my body or anything like that. So, I'll be taking 1 gram (half a serving) a day for 2 weeks and then increase it by 1 gram every 2 weeks if my body seems to be adjusting well. Is that going too slow?

HERicane10

I started out flying about a month ago; I was taking 3gm to start then increased to 5 over a 3 week period. Doing good! But over the last 7-10 days (upped to 6gm) I've had the blues with diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, and fatigue. So I've not taken them for 1 day, to let all the "upset" work out. I'll restart tomorrow at 3gm again and move up in .5gm increments every two weeks till I reach 8gr. daily.

mariofmagdal

I haven't started my chlorella yet but my plan is to start low and slowly increase. Since I have lupus I don't want to shock my body or anything like that. So, I'll be taking 1 gram (half a serving) a day for 2 weeks and then increase it by 1 gram every 2 weeks if my body seems to be adjusting well. Is that going too slow?

Nope. That's just fine. Your body will tell you. I know you have read and know which detox symptoms to look out for, if you need help you can always send LD a PM, and you can post here. Much success to you MSA as you become GREEN.

Lately, I am concerned with people claiming allergic reactions. I think it's mostly detox and interactions with other supplements and or food. "Healing Crisis" is going to occur, which is really what you want. Unfortunately, many may feel they are healthy because they are disease free, but our food has plenty of impurities and god knows what else, and detoxification is busy trying to rid the body of those things. Detox can last up to 10 days, and depending upon what's going on in your body, even longer. It generally takes a full year to get to the full benefits of Chlorella. Chlorella, Spirulina, and Chlorophyll are an excellent combination and can be successfully taken together as do most vegetarians. Together, you have more than covered every supplement you could ever take. The need for others is eliminated. Again, if you have medical conditions do your research as you may not be able to consume Spirulina. As with anything you put into your body use caution, let your body tell you, and if you are still unsure, seek your physician. Happy to be GREEN ladies!

mariofmagdal

I started out flying about a month ago; I was taking 3gm to start then increased to 5 over a 3 week period. Doing good! But over the last 7-10 days (upped to 6gm) I've had the blues with diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, and fatigue. So I've not taken them for 1 day, to let all the "upset" work out. I'll restart tomorrow at 3gm again and move up in .5gm increments every two weeks till I reach 8gr. daily.

Sounds like a plan. Nothing wrong with scaling back until you feel better. Easing back into it gradually is a great idea. GREEN is great!

I AM...

I know it sounds like alot but I take 45-60 pills. I know I know:spinning:...:perplexed But 15 small pills equal 3 grams and I cannot take the powder. Honestly I think as time goes on I will take it down a little but I love the results I am getting at this level. The energy benefits alone are enough to keep me going.

Sooo about that discounted autoship program?????

Thanks for the heads up:grin:

ETA: Guys how many of the little green pills are you guys taking?

Last edited:

msa

Nope. That's just fine. Your body will tell you. I know you have read and know which detox symptoms to look out for, if you need help you can always send LD a PM, and you can post here. Much success to you MSA as you become GREEN.

Lately, I am concerned with people claiming allergic reactions. I think it's mostly detox and interactions with other supplements and or food.

Thanks for answering! I figured going slowly would be best for me so I can keep track of how I'm feeling a lot easier. When I went of steroids my doctor had me decrease by 1gram a week so that my body could gradually get used to it, so I figured that would work for the chlorella as well.

And I agree with you about the interactions not all being allergic reactions. I said in the other thread that it doesn't seem likely, IMO. I think it has more to do with interactions with different foods, vitamins or meds. Now I know what to keep a close eye out for though.

SweetNic_JA

iHerb.com, vitacoast.com, amazon.com or Vitamin Shoppe.
You can see the different brands in the poll included in this thread.
I use Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder or pills and Earthrise.
Make sure it's the Yaeyama /Japanese chlorella.

There are others, but they are not as effective as the Yaeymama type.

If you read the first 2-3 pages of the thread, you will learn all you need to know.

Thank you very much.

luckiestdestiny

You're FINE. I WANT the ladies to go at their own pace. I think that you are a great example to some of the others who want to start off at five grams but then have too much too soon.

I started my mom super low and in almost four months (she started after me), she has just gotten up to 3 grams (that's how slow I'm moving her), and she has lupus (systemic).

One of the main reasons I did this is because she was taking soooo much medication so I KNEW her body had a LOT of detoxing to do! I didn't want her to feel too bad while her body was going through it as she already feels bad anyways because of lupus. I knew she needed thorough detoxing but knew also slow was better.:yep:

luckiestdestiny

It's good you're starting low, but differences will probably be noticed at higher doses 1000mg =1 gram of chlorella.

I agree with starting low. I encourage everyone to do that until they know what their body can handle. Even I didn't just start at 3 grams. I worked my way up. HTH

msa

You're FINE. I WANT the ladies to go at their own pace. I think that you are a great example to some of the others who want to start off at five grams but then have too much too soon.

I started my mom super low and in almost four months (she started after me), she has just gotten up to 3 grams (that's how slow I'm moving her), and she has lupus (systemic).

One of the main reasons I did this is because she was taking soooo much medication so I KNEW her body had a LOT of detoxing to do! I didn't want her to feel too bad while her body was going through it as she already feels bad anyways because of lupus. I knew she needed thorough detoxing but knew also slow was better.:yep:

Thanks for reassuring me.

I definitely don't want to cause myself to have a flare so I'll be moving slowwwwwly. I may do it one gram a month depending on my body is feeling. I want the benefits but I want to do it the right way and not stress my body out.

I'm also combining this with exercising 3-4x a week (just joined a gym yesterday), drinking tons more water, and eating less sugar and more fiber and protein. And, getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I think with all of those changes I can really improve my health in the next year. For my 24th birthday I want to feel 24, not 64:nono: (which is how I've been feeling for a while).

luckiestdestiny

Welcome Ronnieaj, Cubanit, Paradise1975, Naturefreegirl to the chlorella party!:band2::rosebud:

Please make sure to read post #1 and #2 if you haven't already. I was reading another thread and noticed many had not read this essential information that can help you on your chlorella journey. If you ever run into any detox symptoms feel free to re read it.

If you come up on something that is not there, please feel free to pm me. And that goes for everyone.

I'm not a chlorella expert, but I would say I have a LOT of info from four months of research, and listening to ladies in this thread, as well as helping a few other ladies that pm'd me previously.

luckiestdestiny

Even if you have to go slower please go slower. There is NO race. For those eating normal (with pizza and Mcdonald's here and there or other fast food, and processed foods), I'd increase slowly too. Your body has to detox ALL of that.

For those that live in polluted cities (me!) like NY, you may have to watch yourself and see how fast you detox and increase slowly unless you are constantly eating right and have been doing detoxes to help increase your health previously. You'll know by the way your body reacts.

I increased rather quickly but I had a previous detox back in September, and in addition, I also eat really well. And I mean it. The only time I've had fast food is here visiting my mom in Kentucky she convinced me to go down the street to get some burgers and fries. And boy did I feel ill the next day! My body is just not used to processed stuff anymore:nono:. Most of the time I cook my food, or purchase from organic restaurants. If I'm on the run my version of fast food: I'll purchase a fresh made falafel or a shrimp taco for the organic all natural taco stand down the street. I also end up in whole foods with my little container getting their fresh ready made soups, and fresh cooked meals (that's what I love about New York so many options) It's my only splurge. I don't buy many clothes...I buy organic food so that I can turn around my health (with fingers crossed because I've got a lot of work to do!).:grin:

mariofmagdal

I know it sounds like alot but I take 45-60 pills. I know I know:spinning:...:perplexed But 15 small pills equal 3 grams and I cannot take the powder. Honestly I think as time goes on I will take it down a little but I love the results I am getting at this level. The energy benefits alone are enough to keep me going.

Sooo about that discounted autoship program?????

Thanks for the heads up:grin:

ETA: Guys how many of the little green pills are you guys taking?

18 capsules @ 500 mg Earthrise Chlorella equals 12g

36 capsules @ 500mg Earthrise Spirulina equals 24g

mstar

Luxury bacon
Some people are making their own capsules I think.
I didn't even think about that! I'm not concerned with the expense at this point, but it would be more economical in the long run. It might also mean less pills-- right now, I'm taking 25 Source Naturals tablets a day. (I'm at 5 grams and will go up to 6 next week).

Hearing all of these testimonials is making me think about switching brands, but I will probably stick with SN until I reach the 3 month mark. I've only been on it for 5 weeks, so I haven't been expecting to see any improvements in such a short timeframe.