• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

exubah

Okay, I am now totally convinced it is Chlorella that have regulated my menstrual cycle. Aunt Flow visited on Monday (like clockwork) right on time! I was totally caught off guard...at work no less after having to go to 6 banks and got drenched by rain stepping through the office trailer door.....go figure.....so let me tell you when I went to the restroom and saw Aunt Flow it was just the topper to my jacked up day!!!!....But all in all I was excited non the less because I don't have the worry of when it is going to show up. Another thing is that I now know why my lower back and boobs were killing me last week....PMS!!!! I rarely have those symptoms!

Chlorella is my BESTEST friend!!!! :yep:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I started taking chlorella this past Sunday. It took me two days to turn green! :yay: I'm currently taking the Source Naturals Yaeyama, 3 g.

Questions:

Does the powder absorb into your body faster than the tablets? I'm thinking about buying the powder after I finish the tablets.

Can I make a whole weeks worth of a green drink with chlorella or will it spoil?

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. TIA

I would make it fresh each time.

Here is what I do with my 12g of Chlorella powder

mix powder in a hand shaker with 4oz or more of water, a few ice cubes and 4oz of Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness or Naked Green Machine.

Sometime I juice my own concoction of carrots, apple & celery and add it to that.

Shake it vigorously, pour in a glass and drink it down with a straw. It's a great frothy green treat.

Any residue left in the shaker, I add 8oz or more water to that, shake again and drink that. I want to make sure I get every speck of Chlorella per serving.

The reason why I asked because I usually don't have time to make it in the morning before work. But making it your way sounds like it should only take a few minutes and I can drink it while I'm getting ready. Thanks January Noir!

Ronnieaj

Since I'm a chlorella newbie, I was taking 1g a day for two weeks. I'm on my first week of taking 2g/day, and last night was the first time in a LONG while that I didn't take a nap when I got home!! I wish I could express how big a deal this is for me. I am perpetually tired, and I always take a 1-2 hour nap after work. I never had any energy to go out, make dinner, clean the house, ANYTHING. The fact that I'm not exhausted beyond measure is a godsend for me. I'll be upping to 3g in 10 days, and I can't wait! Thanks LD; I never would've thought to take chlorella without you.

Pooks

Hey ladies

I have gotten back on board with my CHL daily, despite falling off on my egg shake in the mornings (temporary!) - just wanted to tell you all that I've posted 3 pics of my wedding day hair in my fotki, its my natural hair twisted in a bun with some curls in the fringe, nothing to write home about but I had to tell my chlorella bellas and my cocktail chicas about 'em.

Ronnieaj

Hey ladies

I have gotten back on board with my CHL daily, despite falling off on my egg shake in the mornings (temporary!) - just wanted to tell you all that I've posted 3 pics of my wedding day hair in my fotki, its my natural hair twisted in a bun with some curls in the fringe, nothing to write home about but I had to tell my chlorella bellas and my cocktail chicas about 'em.

Your hair looks absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your wedding.

Hey ladies

Love the wedding pics! Your hair is gorgeous!

MsGoody531

Good Morning Ladies,

I have been lurking since May on this thread, but went out that same week and got some CHL. I was taking tablets and quickly switched over to the powder, both by Source Naturals. I believe the only detox symptom that I experienced was a sinus cold with thick mucus.

Now, I noticed last week that I was taking one table spoon of the powder and found myself feeling weird in the stomach. Now, I am not one to get sick and have never thrown up. So, it just FELT like it wanted to come back up. Anyone know what I am talking about??? Almost like butterflies in my stomach. I had been mixing the powder with the Green Machine with no problems. So, I am not sure what that was all about. I started popping my CHL pills, but I would have to take 30 pills or so. So, I decided to cut to a 1/2 a tablespoon and feeling fine this morning.

OK..Now that I have spilled EVERYTHING. :lachen:

I want to thank everyone for imparting all your KNOWLEDGE on this WONDERFUL product. Ms Goody is GREEN 4 LIFE!

luckiestdestiny

Good Morning Ladies,

I have been lurking since May on this thread, but went out that same week and got some CHL. I was taking tablets and quickly switched over to the powder, both by Source Naturals. I believe the only detox symptom that I experienced was a sinus cold with thick mucus.

Now, I noticed last week that I was taking one table spoon of the powder and found myself feeling weird in the stomach. Now, I am not one to get sick and have never thrown up. So, it just FELT like it wanted to come back up. Anyone know what I am talking about??? Almost like butterflies in my stomach. I had been mixing the powder with the Green Machine with no problems. So, I am not sure what that was all about. I started popping my CHL pills, but I would have to take 30 pills or so. So, I decided to cut to a 1/2 a tablespoon and feeling fine this morning.

OK..Now that I have spilled EVERYTHING. :lachen:

I want to thank everyone for imparting all your KNOWLEDGE on this WONDERFUL product. Ms Goody is GREEN 4 LIFE!

Excellent. You have to do what's right for your body. Too often it seems the ladies want to speed up the results but you have to detox. That could be apart of your detox symptoms since you haven't had problems with them before (so aren't likely allergic). Please see post #1 and #2 in this thread, and go through the quick start guide there to tweak those problems and make sure that you are able to adjust quickly.:yep:

LovinLocks

Still hanging in there with the chl. At ths point I am almost done with a jar of the powdered and a bottle of the pills. I take about three heaping tsp if I am calculating correctly that is 9-10 grams? According to my Franklin Planner tomorrow marks 30 days of chl. From what I can tell . . . . :brainy: nada. I do hope I am wrong. Oh, I'm gonna hang in there, but I am hoping for some of the dramatic results I've been reading here. Maybe it's a case of being too close to the forest to see the trees. Maybe something is going on and I am just not noticing. :rolleyes: I've always had gorgeous eyelashes (if I may say so myself); my hair has always grown, I don't have to worry about monthly visitors these days . . soo I dunoooooo. I'm taking Super Slim, so any weightloss is due to that. [Hunching shoulders]

As far as detox, k, there's some farting here and there, but shoot I did that anyway.

HairHustla

It's the 500th page! Are we winners??

Just checking in, nothing new to report because chlorella and spirulina are a part of my life now. My mother (with lupus) had to stop for just a minute, she went out of town for two weeks and did not want to have to keep up with it so she will resume when she gets back but she did say that her blood pressure has returned to normal and her blood sugar...Hallelujah! As for me, well I really have the same things that are maintained now such as:

No need for deoderant...even now that it is summer!
Increased hair thickness and nail growth
Clear Skin
More Energy!

I have never stayed consistent with much in my life but I have now been on board for 4 months so this is major for me. Take care ladies, you know I will check in from time to time!

luckiestdestiny

It's the 500th page! Are we winners??

Just checking in, nothing new to report because chlorella and spirulina are a part of my life now. My mother (with lupus) had to stop for just a minute, she went out of town for two weeks and did not want to have to keep up with it so she will resume when she gets back but she did say that her blood pressure has returned to normal and her blood sugar...Hallelujah! As for me, well I really have the same things that are maintained now such as:

No need for deoderant...even now that it is summer!
Increased hair thickness and nail growth
Clear Skin
More Energy!

I have never stayed consistent with much in my life but I have now been on board for 4 months so this is major for me. Take care ladies, you know I will check in from time to time!

Good to hear from you Hairhustla! I'm glad to see you are having great benefits, and your mother too. Does she attribute the blood sugar/pressure to chlorella and medicines or just medicines? I know that others have had changes from chlorella but I just wanted you to clarify.:yep: Either way it's good to know that you're doing well and that you're still enjoying the benefits of chlorella.

soonergirl

Yay 500th page!!! This is soo cool!!! Im still on source naturals powder, also taking whole foods brand chlorella tablets, 6 tabs equal 3 grams, anybody using this?? I know its not as fancy as the source naturals brand with all its japanese technology and all :yep:, but I take it....any opinions???

MagnoliaBelle

I'm still taking chlorella! I am trying to heat fish exclusively for my meat source. I feel great, and plan on keeping it a part of my life forever. Oh, and my hair is also thriving!

Ltown

Greyland
luckiest need some advice, you may not remember with 500 page everyone that is taking chlorella but I initially started and had itching problems because of eczema. I'm still trying to adjust my dosage started with pills now with tbsp of powder clean skin but also still itching I tried to ignore it but have some breakouts. I know I need to adjust but heck what a girl need to do, I have not taken it for a week and no itching but three new pimples:wallbash:

mariofmagdal

Still going stong with GREENS. Hair is great! Health is great! Enjoying the benefits of being healthy the natural way!

Talk about stats! the 5000th post on page 500!

luckiestdestiny

luckiest need some advice, you may not remember with 500 page everyone that is taking chlorella but I initially started and had itching problems because of eczema. I'm still trying to adjust my dosage started with pills now with tbsp of powder clean skin but also still itching I tried to ignore it but have some breakouts. I know I need to adjust but heck what a girl need to do, I have not taken it for a week and no itching but three new pimples:wallbash:

Okay so we know that the pimples are independent of chlorella as you haven't taken it for a week. You also have eczema which causes itching. So I'm assuming you have even more itching with the chlorella? One of the detox symptoms....some of the others had itching. I think you should do what you normally do for your eczema to stop itching, and keep your dose low if you can't stand the detox symptom. You can even take less than a gram and stay there until you can tolerate it before moving up.

Ltown

Greyland
Okay so we know that the pimples are independent of chlorella as you haven't taken it for a week. You also have eczema which causes itching. So I'm assuming you have even more itching with the chlorella? One of the detox symptoms....some of the others had itching. I think you should do what you normally do for your eczema to stop itching, and keep your dose low if you can't stand the detox symptom. You can even take less than a gram and stay there until you can tolerate it before moving up.
I assume the itching was the detox and would go away and just tolerate it but I am breaking out so I'll just reduce it like you said. I don't recall chlorella contraindication with other vitamin/minerals. I don't take any oral medication for eczema. Thanks

soonergirl

I assume the itching was the detox and would go away and just tolerate it but I am breaking out so I'll just reduce it like you said. I don't recall chlorella contraindication with other vitamin/minerals. I don't take any oral medication for eczema. Thanks

I dont have eczema but I do remember getting the itchies and pink eye symptoms the first week or so on chlorella... I started right out of the shoot at 3grams, so i just kept drinking lots of water and it eventually subsided... my eyes were another drama!! good luck to ya!

HairHustla

Good to hear from you Hairhustla! I'm glad to see you are having great benefits, and your mother too. Does she attribute the blood sugar/pressure to chlorella and medicines or just medicines? I know that others have had changes from chlorella but I just wanted you to clarify.:yep: Either way it's good to know that you're doing well and that you're still enjoying the benefits of chlorella.

Hi Luckiest! Thanx for the love! :yep:

My mom did not say, she talked to me while she was out of town but I suspect it was a combination of her meds and the CHL but I found out that even though she was out of town she was still getting small amounts of CHL due to her drinking Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness...so I say she better go on with her bad self!!! Oh, I definitely think CHL has something to do with it because she has been on the meds forever and never had this kind of breakthrough. Now she still deals with a lot of pain and other issues but Luckiest, she is making PROGRESS! By the way, how is your mom doing???

Ltown

Greyland
I dont have eczema but I do remember getting the itchies and pink eye symptoms the first week or so on chlorella... I started right out of the shoot at 3grams, so i just kept drinking lots of water and it eventually subsided... my eyes were another drama!! good luck to ya!
I do drink alot of water almost gallon. I've read over the effects again and since chlorella has so many vitamin/minerals and other I might be overdosing taking other supplements with the same effect. thanks!

mstar

Luxury bacon
I'm still onboard the chlorella train, but I'm going to be slowing down. I went up to 6 grams this week, and immediately got horribly constipated. I can't really drink any more water than I already do (I drink a minimum of a half-gallon per day), so I'm going back down to 5 grams and will stay there for a couple more weeks.

I had been upping my dosage by one gram every ten days, and I think that was too quick for me. So I will now increase by one gram a month until I reach my goal dosage of 12 g/day.

I guess I'm still in the detox phase: I haven't seen a single positive result yet. My energy is at all-time lows...it's a struggle for me to find the energy to complete the tiniest tasks. I've also been struggling with insomnia, which makes me feel even more sluggish. My appetite has decreased, which sounds good but it means that it's hard for me to consume all of the nutrients I need. Going forward, I'm going to focus on eating a healthy, balanced diet with fish as my only meat, and I'm making a commitment to get at least 20 minutes of exercise each day (I haven't been exercising at all, due to low energy levels). Hopefully, chlorella can act as my foundation for a healthier overall lifestyle.

soonergirl

I'm still onboard the chlorella train, but I'm going to be slowing down. I went up to 6 grams this week, and immediately got horribly constipated. I can't really drink any more water than I already do (I drink a minimum of a half-gallon per day), so I'm going back down to 5 grams and will stay there for a couple more weeks.

I had been upping my dosage by one gram every ten days, and I think that was too quick for me. So I will now increase by one gram a month until I reach my goal dosage of 12 g/day.

I guess I'm still in the detox phase: I haven't seen a single positive result yet. My energy is at all-time lows...it's a struggle for me to find the energy to complete the tiniest tasks. I've also been struggling with insomnia, which makes me feel even more sluggish. My appetite has decreased, which sounds good but it means that it's hard for me to consume all of the nutrients I need. Going forward, I'm going to focus on eating a healthy, balanced diet with fish as my only meat, and I'm making a commitment to get at least 20 minutes of exercise each day (I haven't been exercising at all, due to low energy levels). Hopefully, chlorella can act as my foundation for a healthier overall lifestyle.

Hang in there girl.... We are all in this together!! If only I could get my diet together...