• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

mariofmagdal

Ok, boy my head is killing me, I took Excedrin but no relief yet. I still haven't used the bathroom yet :perplexed should I take more today? I know my body really need to detox, maybe I will take one instead of 3 for a while.

Yeah, I would scale back if you are finding no relief. Up that water so you can go the bathroom. Slow and easy is good. The benefits are so amazing, it's worth the wait. Green for life over here. :yep:

MissRissa

what brand is the 1000 tablet? the ones i have are only 200, i think thats part of the problem, i have to take 15 of them. after the first two, the smell (yes the smell of the pills) makes me gag.

Prosperity711

what brand is the 1000 tablet? the ones i have are only 200, i think thats part of the problem, i have to take 15 of them. after the first two, the smell (yes the smell of the pills) makes me gag.

They are the Vitamin Shoppe brand Super Chlorella, 1000 mg 100 tablets

mariofmagdal

Vitamin Shoppe sells 1000mg Super Chlorella, Earthrise sells 500mg tablets, and Source Naturals and Chlorenergy sells 200mg tablets. This does not cover all the brands on the poll or out there, just the ones I know.

Sorry the smell bothers you, but that's the reason I take the pills. Green for life, hope that helps.

Okay

i plan on ordering it when i can afford it..
i didnt read all the pages, but should i take the chlorella and spirulina together?
someone once posted that it was a good idea starting with chlorella for 1 week than add spirulina?
And in terms of the sleepiness.. some people say it gives them energy? will the sleepiness go away or is it best to take it at night so i wont sleep all day?

tia..

ladysaraii

So I took my first dose of Chlorella powder in plain water. Ick Ick ew. It was fine when I held my nose, but as soon as I let go, I tasted that stuff.

Now I need to find a low sugar alternative to mix it with. I'm thinking that this will force me to make and stay faithful to my green smoothies so I can get the chlorella and spirulina in

Forever in Bloom

So I took my first dose of Chlorella powder in plain water. Ick Ick ew. It was fine when I held my nose, but as soon as I let go, I tasted that stuff.

Now I need to find a low sugar alternative to mix it with. I'm thinking that this will force me to make and stay faithful to my green smoothies so I can get the chlorella and spirulina in

I have been taking it regularly since January 1st. I actually kind of like the taste now :look: I drink it with juice or apple sauce.

@ LP1177

I got awful headaches when I started using chlorella again this new year. That never happened before! I thought it was stress, but the headaches tapered off about 2 days ago, so it was about 12 days I had to endure really awful headaches.

I don't eat meat, dairy products, or dairy, so I have no idea what the heck I am detoxing :ohwell:

Grand Prix

Hi all!

I've been taking chlorella for a couple of months now, I've very slowly worked my way up to 4 grams. My skin looks bright, the white of my eyes are whiter (which I love, because I've had grey streaks on them all my life..) and as I'm typing I'm having this "ohh, that's why.." moment because I've also been losing weight and this must be because of the chlorella too!

I would very much hate to stop taking it, but I've been having both anxiety and insomnia. I tried taking chlorella about a year ago, but stopped because of the insomnia. I don't want to stop again because of the benefits, but I'm turning into this nervous person who doesn't sleep at night!

Has anybody else been experiencing this? If so, what have you done about it? *twitch*

madamdot

Hi all!

I've been taking chlorella for a couple of months now, I've very slowly worked my way up to 4 grams. My skin looks bright, the white of my eyes are whiter (which I love, because I've had grey streaks on them all my life..) and as I'm typing I'm having this "ohh, that's why.." moment because I've also been losing weight and this must be because of the chlorella too!

I would very much hate to stop taking it, but I've been having both anxiety and insomnia. I tried taking chlorella about a year ago, but stopped because of the insomnia. I don't want to stop again because of the benefits, but I'm turning into this nervous person who doesn't sleep at night!

Has anybody else been experiencing this? If so, what have you done about it? *twitch*

What time do you take your chlorella. I take most of mine in the morning to avoid insomnia. Once I took some (1.5 grams) it at 7pm or so . . . a BIG nono!!!!

I usually take my last dose between 3 and 5pm.

Grand Prix

What time do you take your chlorella. I take most of mine in the morning to avoid insomnia. Once I took some (1.5 grams) it at 7pm or so . . . a BIG nono!!!!

I usually take my last dose between 3 and 5pm.

I take it with breakfast. I wouldn't dare take any after noon.
This is also why I don't want to spread my doses. Or would that be better?

Okay

i didnt read all the pages, but should i take the chlorella and spirulina together?
someone once posted that it was a good idea starting with chlorella for 1 week than add spirulina?
And in terms of the sleepiness.. some people say it gives them energy? will the sleepiness go away or is it best to take it at night so i wont sleep all day?

Prosperity711

Do Chlorella and spirulina both give you energy? Has anyone found one brand to better than another? How long do you have to wait to take the Chlorella after you have had a cup of coffee? I read that you shouldn't take it before or after coffee but it didn't say how long you had to wait.

MissRissa

i need to see the size of the 1000mg pills. i'm one of those weirdos that has ALOT of trouble swallowing pills. thats why i was so amped when i found out it was in powder form.

although i was able to get about 1/2 a teaspon in some apple sauce. but i had to use like an entire 1/2 cup of apple sauce. thats causing me to exceed my sugar for the day.

mariofmagdal

Do Chlorella and spirulina both give you energy? Has anyone found one brand to better than another? How long do you have to wait to take the Chlorella after you have had a cup of coffee? I read that you shouldn't take it before or after coffee but it didn't say how long you had to wait.

I do both. Spirulina is the energy booster. Don't take it so close to bed. I use Earthrise for both, mainly because they are a specialty company and manufacture their own Spirulina. Earthrise is more pricey than the others. They have 500mg tablets/capsules of both. Go to Earthrise.com to read up on them. I hope I have been helpful.

mariofmagdal

i need to see the size of the 1000mg pills. i'm one of those weirdos that has ALOT of trouble swallowing pills. thats why i was so amped when i found out it was in powder form.

although i was able to get about 1/2 a teaspon in some apple sauce. but i had to use like an entire 1/2 cup of apple sauce. thats causing me to exceed my sugar for the day.

You might not want to take them as they are kinda large, although they do have an easy to swallow coating. You probably can handle two 500mg pills, they are more tolerable.

Prosperity711

The size is not bad, I think you will be able to swallow them, I decided to start with pills instead of powder so I could at least get some in my body, if the powder was nasty then I might not have tried the pills. Are you trying spirulina too? I read they are good together.

mariofmagdal

Sleepiness is a detox symptom and or is coming from consumption of caffeine. Be careful not to consume caffeine too close to the time you take chlorella/spirulina. They are a great pair together, starting one and then the other is fine, this way your body can respond. I would not take them too close to bedtime.

MissRissa

The size is not bad, I think you will be able to swallow them, I decided to start with pills instead of powder so I could at least get some in my body, if the powder was nasty then I might not have tried the pills. Are you trying spirulina too? I read they are good together.

lol i do have spirulina tablets but in my frustration with the chlorella, i haven't even attempted them yet. you really dont understand how hard it is for me to swallow pills. i might as well crack the seal on those bad boys and at least try them tomorrow.

Prosperity711

lol i do have spirulina tablets but in my frustration with the chlorella, i haven't even attempted them yet. you really dont understand how hard it is for me to swallow pills. i might as well crack the seal on those bad boys and at least try them tomorrow.

Lol, my spirulina pills are small round pills, today is the second time I have tried them I got such a bad headache from chlorella I didn't take either for a few days, so today I just took 1 chlorella and 2 spirulina, I can swallow pills pretty easy as long as they aren't big horse pills, those hurt my throat :nono:

lennet93

Sleepiness is a detox symptom and or is coming from consumption of caffeine. Be careful not to consume caffeine too close to the time you take chlorella/spirulina. They are a great pair together, starting one and then the other is fine, this way your body can respond. I would not take them too close to bedtime.

I was having the same sleepiness problem, it has started to go away but now I'm having this slight light headed/vertigo thing happening. I don't have a cold, ear ache or anything that could be causing the vertigo. Could it be a detox symptom?

MissRissa

Lol, my spirulina pills are small round pills, today is the second time I have tried them I got such a bad headache from chlorella I didn't take either for a few days, so today I just took 1 chlorella and 2 spirulina, I can swallow pills pretty easy as long as they aren't big horse pills, those hurt my throat :nono:

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. i just opened them. they are the long ones. i CANNOT swallow those. bout to get me a pill crusher.

Prosperity711

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. i just opened them. they are the long ones. i CANNOT swallow those. bout to get me a pill crusher.

OMG! they aren't that bad you are too funny! How many are you going to take a day? I took 3 at one time, bad idea :nono: gave me the worse headache! so I'm going to slowly increase the dosage, if I take more than one in a day I'm going to space it out.

Lita

I've been taken 3grms for a while..Up my dose to 6 grms & while I was walking today my leg became very stiff (like I could not move it) in the middle of the street.Wow,talk about scary..Any-way. I feel better now..Has this happen to any-one? I drink PLENTY of Water!
*Note: I drink plenty of Greens Daily......

Happy Hair Growing!

Prosperity711

I do both. Spirulina is the energy booster. Don't take it so close to bed. I use Earthrise for both, mainly because they are a specialty company and manufacture their own Spirulina. Earthrise is more pricey than the others. They have 500mg tablets/capsules of both. Go to Earthrise.com to read up on them. I hope I have been helpful.

You have been very helpful and I really appreciate it :yep: Please share anything else that you take that might be of interest to us trying to get more green in our diet. I'm going to check out earthwise.

madamdot

Ladies, please increase your dosage slowly. No more than 1000 mg at a time. You can increase 1000 mg every 3 or 4 days . . . Trust me, its not fun otherwise.

Prosperity711

Ladies, please increase your dosage slowly. No more than 1000 mg at a time. You can increase 1000 mg every 3 or 4 days . . . Trust me, its not fun otherwise.

You are so right! I tried going from 1000 to 3000, after only taking it for a couple of days and boy did I pay for it:sad: It was so hard to get rid of that bad headache! so I'm going to do just 1000 for at least a week or 2 so my body can get use to it. I'm trying to figure out how long do I have to wait after I drink a cup of coffee before I can take it and do you always have to take it with food? Are you taking spirulina too?

madamdot

You are so right! I tried going from 1000 to 3000, after only taking it for a couple of days and boy did I pay for it:sad: It was so hard to get rid of that bad headache! so I'm going to do just 1000 for at least a week or 2 so my body can get use to it. I'm trying to figure out how long do I have to wait after I drink a cup of coffee before I can take it and do you always have to take it with food? Are you taking spirulina too?

I don't always take mine with food. In the morning I take mine on an empty stomach without issues . . . which is great because I have a sensitive tummy when it comes to vitamins. I usually take my mid-day dose with food.

I think 20 minutes before/after coffee - but in truth I don't wait and I have no issues with taking it with coffee.

No I am not taking Spirulina. I have Hashimoto's disease and this does not seem to aid autoimmune diseases.

BTW - I am back to 14 grams. No tongue issues.

Last edited: