• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Blaque*Angel

^^Hey mari, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing. I went green very early on, at 2grams I believe, and I became regular then.

There was a lot of talk earlier in the thread about 6 grams being the minimum dosage at which the most benefits would kick in, and since I have a thyroid problem, an even higher dosage was recommended. But I think you're right...a lower dose would probably work best for me. Thanks for responding!

I think you should also lower your dose, what brand do you take?
I hop your problems are solved very soon! :)

Why does the bottle that I have say take one per day, it is 1000 mg? When you keep increasing the dosage are you doing it to just go green? Can you go green with just spirulina?

yes, you can go green with just spirulina! :yep:
are you taking the NOW Brand?
people increase the dosage for different reasons.

Can I take only chlorella, and it give me all the vitamins that I need

yes you can! :yep:

has anyone suffered from increased menstrual cramps from chlorella?

no :nono: i have pain free periods now, thank God :)

Jewell

I'm really interested in taking either Chlorella, spirulina, or wheat germ. I would love to order a combo vit of all 3. I'm off to do some research and see about ordering a bottle or two!:grin:

Prosperity711

I'm taking Vitamin Shoppe brand but want to try Earthrise, or Now, which brand do you ladies think is best? Also, I don't think I want to do the powder will I still get the same benefits if I keep taking the pills?

mariofmagdal

I'm taking Vitamin Shoppe brand but want to try Earthrise, or Now, which brand do you ladies think is best? Also, I don't think I want to do the powder will I still get the same benefits if I keep taking the pills?

I take Earthrise for both CHL/SPR. I have never used the powder, it's been over a year now, and I love the benefits. Green for life!:yep:

lillylovely

Hey Happy Geen anniversary BA. Pookiwah isn't this month your Green anniversary too? Cant wait to get to one year too!

I am still green after 8 months and loving my journey. I feel that my body detoxes regularly and now that I eat healthily, my body really benefits from all the vitamins and minerals I take or eat. My body is also real sensitive to junk - so I have to stay away from it to keep the gas away!!!

Also the weight loss has only just kicked in with not one iota of exercise. Yes it has taken this long but everyone's different.

What other long term effects have others noticed?

madamdot

Hey Happy Geen anniversary BA. Pookiwah isn't this month your Green anniversary too? Cant wait to get to one year too!

I am still green after 8 months and loving my journey. I feel that my body detoxes regularly and now that I eat healthily, my body really benefits from all the vitamins and minerals I take or eat. My body is also real sensitive to junk - so I have to stay away from it to keep the gas away!!!

Also the weight loss has only just kicked in with not one iota of exercise. Yes it has taken this long but everyone's different.

I dont wanna wait 8 months for weight loss :nono:

Doing OK. My hair is a mess at week 6. I am going to try to stretch to 10 weeks.

Doing good energy wise, although lately I have been having a little bit of heartburn . . . anyone else have this?

Blaque*Angel

Happy Greenaversary B*A!

:lol:

Happy Green Aniversary! I have been GREEN for a whole year now too! It's a great feeling.

Thank you all :yay:

bemajor

I've been taking chlorella for about two weeks...i don't know about my hair but my skin is even toned for the first time since i was a child. i love it! and I've been lucky and haven't had side effects so far. I'm at 3-6 grams/day.

lillylovely

Congrats!!!

Do you take any other super foods we need to know about?

Hey prosperity. the only other powdered superfood I take is spirullina apparently it complements the chlorella. but I also do the egg shake - . Eggs are a superfood. You can put other superfoods in your egg shake such as raw spinach, raw brocolli, and dark fruit (antioxidants) such as blueberries, gojiberries, strawberries etc. All great superfoods. Oh and I also add some aloe vera juice.

Would like to try barley grass or wheat grass - I have heard they are great too.

lennet93

I am still taking chlorella ( vitamin shop brand). I am taking 6-7 grams per day. I also take 6 grams of earthrise spirulina. My skin has cleared up so well. My face has evened out so much and a lot of dark spots are fading, I have started using cetaphil 2x a day so I'm sure that has helped my skin as well. Also my eyebrows are getting fuller and eye lashes longer. At first I thought it was wishful thinking until DH pointed it out to me:yep: He also said that my skin is glowing :yep: My skin always seemed dull to me no matter what I did to it, now it does have a glow :yay: I'm not sure if it has contributed to hair grow because I never measure my new growth.:perplexed

missiongirl

Don't know if it's been stated yet, but Vitacost sells Source Naturals chlorella for half off regular prices. It's regularly $26, but $13 at Vitacost. :grin:

bemajor

Don't know if it's been stated yet, but Vitacost sells Source Naturals chlorella for half off regular prices. It's regularly $26, but $13 at Vitacost. :grin:

is that a sale or their normal price? just wondering bc I don't need any right now but would love to catch the sale price

curali

I've been taking the Watershed 50/50 since December and the Jarrow Powder since Jan 6;
never have gone green(hubby has), but we are sleeping sooo much better and my energy level is so much better.

When can I expect to go green? am I not taking enough? I take 3gms of the pill and 4 gms of the powder. I guess my tolerance is high:)

No wt. loss yet, either, but muscle mass in my thighs but I think this is because I work out 5 days week.