• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Phoenix14

...stepped it up to 7g. Still green but damn this constipation whenever I increase. Thank goodness it only lasts for about a day. I've upped my water intake up and it has helped tremendously

Wenbev

Ok tmi but I started my monthly today and didnt have a clue :blush: my cycle is always preceded by debilitating cramps. Could this be the chl?

It's the chlorella it may be shorter as well. Ive noticed its a bit heavier but three days max. I still take b12 regularly along with blk currant oil. I did stop taking multis bc of how much chlorella I'm taking.

ilong

God's Own
Hi Everyone - just wanted to pop in and say have not abandoned my favorite thread. I am just soooo busy with business and it will be like this for the next 3 months - so I won't be posting much. I still pop on and try to read a few posts. But my time is being consumed with business.

Everyone seems to be doing great!!!

My co-worker is totally sold and doing very well on chlorella and spirulina. She has declared already to be a lifer.

I do have one AWESOME update: I am losing weight!!!! :grin:
That is such a true blessing!!!
It is definitely the chlorella/spirulina as my eating habits have not changed enough to result in weight loss. And I don't have time to go work out at any fitness center. Although, I am busy it is not the kind of busy that will result in weight loss. I think as things ramp up I will be busy enough to shed more pounds - but right now I am sure it is the chlorella/spirulina.

KUTGW

By the way, I haven't see @Nix08 post in a few days (she must be off somewhere recruiting more oil pullers :lachen:) and
@Lovingmywaves12 - you are missed AGAIN, I do hope you are OK!!!!
Wenbev - thanks for keeping the thread active and helping everyone.
Sorry to be MIA but this is my busy season.

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
ilong you are too funny :lachen: I've been a lazy poster as of late. ..but I've now recruited a couple to chlorella. :look: I switched to the powder and think it works better for me. I'm still at about 3g but I'm not entirely sure. I take half a teaspoon. I may up it to 1 full teaspoon today.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Ok I'm a tool:grin: I just measured out a tsp and that's pretty much what I've been taking when I free hand it. So what is that 5 grams? I've tried to go up by taking pills in the afternoon but I didn't feel well. I thought it was from mixing brands.

Wenbev

Ok I'm a tool:grin: I just measured out a tsp and that's pretty much what I've been taking when I free hand it. So what is that 5 grams? I've tried to go up by taking pills in the afternoon but I didn't feel well. I thought it was from mixing brands.

Lol silly girl :) it depends on the brand. I think SN powder is a 1/2 teaspoon for 3g. Maybe leave a teaspoon in the container so you're not freehanding! I do that with chia seeds.

danniegirl

I received my package on friday i came home and was like WOOHOO

But then i opened it up and smelled it then i was like oh noooo

Any who i punked out of taking it this weekend and i was supper busy i really want to take it on a day i will be home all day just in case

Mahogony7

I don't post in here regularly, but I've been consistent with chlorella for the last week and a half. I take it in the morning with water or apple juice along with Spirulina. I made the mistake of taking it at night and got no sleep at all.

I usually have my bowel movements in the evening. However, last night I had three movements in the span of 6 hours usaually I just have one. While I was ecstatic I wonder is this normal?

Wenbev

I don't post in here regularly, but I've been consistent with chlorella for the last week and a half. I take it in the morning with water or apple juice along with Spirulina. I made the mistake of taking it at night and got no sleep at all.

I usually have my bowel movements in the evening. However, last night I had three movements in the span of 6 hours usaually I just have one. While I was ecstatic I wonder is this normal?

Mahogony7 yes, it is normal :) it will taper off to 1-2x/day. This happens especially in the beginning as your gut is getting rid of the buildup of toxins.

Phoenix14

um....So my period is late. I'm never late. (and no there is NO other reason for it to be late) and the only change is the chlorella. I want a short cycle not a nonexistent cycle. I have since stopped taking the chlorella (I ran out) but I've also been taking wheatgrass in my smoothies. Isn't the wheatgrass also a great source of chlorella?

Wenbev

um....So my period is late. I'm never late. (and no there is NO other reason for it to be late) and the only change is the chlorella. I want a short cycle not a nonexistent cycle. I have since stopped taking the chlorella (I ran out) but I've also been taking wheatgrass in my smoothies. Isn't the wheatgrass also a great source of chlorella?

That is weird...usually posters report getting it early not late :(
Wheatgrass is a great source of chlorophyll, not chlorella.

Phoenix14

Phew. Cycle finally started. It's crazy light though and I'm loving it so far. I bought the Sun Naturals tablets at Whole Foods last night to tide me over until I order the powder. I'm back in this chlorella ride!

Wenbev

Phew. Cycle finally started. It's crazy light though and I'm loving it so far. I bought the Sun Naturals tablets at Whole Foods last night to tide me over until I order the powder. I'm back in this chlorella ride!
LOL Phoenix14 Yay! I have noticed lighter and shorter. Recently its turned to super heavy for the first day and then tapers off to nothing by end of day two and day three GONE! Woohoo!

Phoenix14

LOL Phoenix14 Yay! I have noticed lighter and shorter. Recently its turned to super heavy for the first day and then tapers off to nothing by end of day two and day three GONE! Woohoo!

I'm hoping the same happens for me. I already had it down to about 3.5 days with other herbs. If chlorella can help then hell yes.

danniegirl

I tried taking it for two days and it was really hard I think I siked myself out of it I mixed it with sugar free applesauce , maybe I should have tried the regular applesauce.

i did have increased bowl movement after the first day it continued the 2nd day.

i really couldn't stand to eat that mess so i ordered a gel cap filler and some gel caps they both cost me 34 bucks i figured i would only have to take 3 pills for one teaspoon of powder and over time if i increase to the max recommended dosage i would only have to take 9 pills and i am ok with that so i will be making my own pills in a few days

Wenbev

I tried taking it for two days and it was really hard I think I siked myself out of it I mixed it with sugar free applesauce , maybe I should have tried the regular applesauce.

i did have increased bowl movement after the first day it continued the 2nd day.

i really couldn't stand to eat that mess so i ordered a gel cap filler and some gel caps they both cost me 34 bucks i figured i would only have to take 3 pills for one teaspoon of powder and over time if i increase to the max recommended dosage i would only have to take 9 pills and i am ok with that so i will be making my own pills in a few days

danniegirl, welcome to the thread! I hear you on the gel caps, I was thinking about that but still doing pills. What brand and dosage are you doing?

danniegirl

@danniegirl, welcome to the thread! I hear you on the gel caps, I was thinking about that but still doing pills. What brand and dosage are you doing?

I am taking the Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder i started with one teaspoon =3g of Chlorella .

i was able to drink and take some more powder this weekend but i swear i could not eat or drink that every morning i cant wait to make my pills.

how many pills do you currently take

Wenbev

I am taking the Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder i started with one teaspoon =3g of Chlorella .

i was able to drink and take some more powder this weekend but i swear i could not eat or drink that every morning i cant wait to make my pills.

how many pills do you currently take

I currently take 80 tablets. 40/40 am/pm. I actually just purchased some powder though, going to give it a try.

Phoenix14

These damn Whole Foods tablets are SO hard to swallow. Like they're big tablets and the edges hurt my throat. Can I just crush them?

Spirulina is so gross looking. It makes my smoothies almost black in color.