• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

sissimpson

I started about 3 months ago, taking Vitacost brand 500mg caps. Got up to about 14gm daily. Then I switched over to the 2000mg caps. All of a sudden I wasn't 'green' anymore. I kept upping the dosage until I was at 20gms a day... still no green, but constipated as heck! Now I'm back down to 12gm. No green, but hair is growing thicker! (of course that includes facial hair too). Do you think I should switch back to 500mg caps so I can be 'green' again?????

Mahogony7

About to finish up my current bottle of Chlorella. I bought another brand from Taiwan. I read that Chlorella from there is also really good and the dosage is a bit higher. My current pills have 180mg, but the new ones have 200mg. Other than increased facial hair I've noticed no other changes. I guess that's good, some people's detox symptoms were a bit scary. I will continue to be patient and wait for the goodness that the green will bring.

MrsMe

I'm at 2 grams now. I think I need to go much higher. One thing I noticed is that my nails are growing like weed and my skin had this glow last week!
Please check my siggy. :look: Today is the last day to vote.

Vote for our fellow LHCF member, Anakinsmomma, to win the 'Justin Timberlake's Biggest Fan' contest HERE!

Wenbev

I started about 3 months ago, taking Vitacost brand 500mg caps. Got up to about 14gm daily. Then I switched over to the 2000mg caps. All of a sudden I wasn't 'green' anymore. I kept upping the dosage until I was at 20gms a day... still no green, but constipated as heck! Now I'm back down to 12gm. No green, but hair is growing thicker! (of course that includes facial hair too). Do you think I should switch back to 500mg caps so I can be 'green' again?????

I've heard of that happening...Vitacost brand does contain fillers so maybe the dosage you were taking before had less fillers??

Wenbev

I'm at 2 grams now. I think I need to go much higher. One thing I noticed is that my nails are growing like weed and my skin had this glow last week!
Please check my siggy. :look: Today is the last day to vote.

Vote for our fellow LHCF member, Anakinsmomma, to win the 'Justin Timberlake's Biggest Fan' contest HERE!

Definitely increase a bit, maybe by 2-3 grams. A super high dose really isnt important, its taking the amount that's good for your body.

Phoenix14

Donde estas my period? The last two months my once reliable to a fault cycle has been tardy for the party. I'm going to pause the chlorella for a bit or at least until my period shows up

GettingKinky

Hi All I just started taking chlorella about 6 weeks ago. I'm up to 2 grams a day of Source Naturals. I did get a few pimples when I first started and not in my standard pimple location. I don't know if that was detoxing or just a coincidence.

I think I may already be green. Is that possible on such a low dose? Or maybe I can be greener?

Wenbev

Donde estas my period? The last two months my once reliable to a fault cycle has been tardy for the party. I'm going to pause the chlorella for a bit or at least until my period shows up

Que? You're not the first to say that. I wonder why?

Wenbev

Hi All I just started taking chlorella about 6 weeks ago. I'm up to 2 grams a day of Source Naturals. I did get a few pimples when I first started and not in my standard pimple location. I don't know if that was detoxing or just a coincidence.

I think I may already be green. Is that possible on such a low dose? Or maybe I can be greener?

GettingKinky its all relative on the person. Are you eating a relatively clean diet? I was taking meds that affected my digestive system and it took me a while to go green and I went thru a very long detox. I've gone from what I thought was green to very very dark green like dark olive. The pimples sound like detox especially if they are cyctic. Congrats on taking chlorella!

Wenbev

Happy you got it, have no idea how to stop that though. I'll have to do some research on that one. Funny, mine was always on time and light, but now it's even lighter and shorter.

Kiowa

haven't posted in this thread for a while...but was experiencing very bad breakouts, so had to come off everything for a while.
I used tumeric face masks and medimix soap to help with skin, finally isolated the culprit to a facial cream that I have used without a problem in the past, so am starting back on Chlorella this week

Wenbev

haven't posted in this thread for a while...but was experiencing very bad breakouts, so had to come off everything for a while.
I used tumeric face masks and medimix soap to help with skin, finally isolated the culprit to a facial cream that I have used without a problem in the past, so am starting back on Chlorella this week

Good to hear you you figured it out. I have to give that tumeric mask a try. how do you make yours? Just tumeric and water?

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I've read the majority of this thread and have been taking Chlorella consistently for about 3 months. I'm still at 3g but I went green within the first week.

I don't know if my hair is benefiting but my skin definitely is. My skin is very acne prone and I've never had a totally clear skin for more than a few days before a pimple would show up.

Since taking chlorella my skin has gone a full 180. I've only have one small pimple in the last two months. Dark spots from previous blemishes are gone. My pores are noticably smaller also and I have huge pores.

Keeping up chlorella for these benefits only. Thanks OP and all the other contributers to this thread. I've tried EVERYTHING for my skin and this is the only thing that has worked. *hugs*

xu93texas

I've read the majority of this thread and have been taking Chlorella consistently for about 3 months. I'm still at 3g but I went green within the first week.

I don't know if my hair is benefiting but my skin definitely is. My skin is very acne prone and I've never had a totally clear skin for more than a few days before a pimple would show up.

Since taking chlorella my skin has gone a full 180. I've only have one small pimple in the last two months. Dark spots from previous blemishes are gone. My pores are noticably smaller also and I have huge pores.

Keeping up chlorella for these benefits only. Thanks OP and all the other contributers to this thread. I've tried EVERYTHING for my skin and this is the only thing that has worked. *hugs*

Yes, chlorella is da bomb when it comes to clearer, vibrant looking skin. My hubby compliments me all the time about my skin. I got him taking it also and we take it faithfully. I'm not sure if it's helping with hair growth, but loving it for my skin and keeping me regular. :)

MrsMe

I switched to the powder form and it made me go green faster than the pills. My skin is glowing, my knees aren't aching like they used to and my nails are growing like weed. I literally have to cut them every week or they turn wild!
One "negative" side effect I noticed is the fact that aunt flo is late. It's only been two days but I'm regular like clockwork to the time of day. I don't think I'm pregnant... but I'll get a pregnancy test (a couple :look:) just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my phone

ETA: Aunt Flo showed up today.

Last edited:

Phoenix14

So I took a month off from chlorella ( I literally stopped when I made my last post about it making my cycle late) and my period came on time. Last month it was about 2 days late. Last time it was like one day late. I'm thinking it's my body regulating itself after being on BC ( I stopped 6 months ago). I'm thinking of re-starting chlorella again

JC-Junkie

Hi guys ! I haven't checked in in a while, but I hope everyone is doing well :grin:

Well I just had a teaspoon of chlorella and a teaspoon of spirulina mixed in some orange and black current squash and well the taste is not the most desirable :lol: :lol: but it was bearable I guess :yep:
I think I'm ready to increase my intake of both to 10g ! I'm excited to see what this will do. I've been slowly slowly increasing my intake you see. I'm hoping to get even more of that lovely skin that you wonderful ladies have been talking about !

HHG everyone !!! :grin:

napgurl

I purchased chlorella 3 months ago, but I'm afraid to take it. I read it made a few people nauseous and very ill. I'm going to try it this weekend. Pray for me.

Phoenix14

I purchased chlorella 3 months ago, but I'm afraid to take it. I read it made a few people nauseous and very ill. I'm going to try it this weekend. Pray for me.

Don't be scared! Just start out with a little at a time and gradually increase your dosage

ilong

God's Own
Phoenix14 - maybe do a search on chlorella and effects on menstraul cycle (curezone may have some upostings on the topic). Fortunately, :grin: I am past that time of life so I wasn't affected by it.
crimsonpeach and xu93texas- I have been taking chlorella since January and I believe it is responsible for accelerating my skin to silky smooth. :yep: I have always received compliments on my "facial" skin but within the last 6 months, skin on my entire body has transitioned. Several people have commented that my skin "is flawless". I don't want to discount my HSN and maybe the Biotin I was taking contributed as well.

Nonetheless, chlorella and spirulina have been "miracles" for me. I will take them as long as I live. I have colleagues and friends taking it and they all have told me how their health has vastly improved (energy, joints, etc.)

napgurl - ITA with Phoenix14 there is nothing to be scared of. Do your research - if you have an auto-immune disease you should not take these supplements. If not, then start gradually and monitor your bodies reaction. Drink plenty of water to facilitate the process (cleansing)

Kiowa - I am glad that you discovered the culprit responsible for the breakouts and I'm glad that it wasn't chlorella. JC-Junkie - let us know when you begin to feel that silky smooth skin. :yep:

What I have discovered is "consistency" in taking these supplements is absolutely necessary. Taking them for a few days, stopping, starting, changing dosage, etc will not yield "consistent" results and benefits AND IMO is a waste of money.
Since discovering how they helped me I have tested various dosages, timing, not taking etc. and "consistency" is not negotiable.

Kilacurlz

I am now down to taking 4g and its the perfect dose. My skin is the best its been since I was a kid and my UC still appears to be in remission. My dad is taking 1 g and his diabetes is under control for the first time since his Dx! His doctors are amazed.

Kiowa

Good to hear you you figured it out. I have to give that tumeric mask a try. how do you make yours? Just tumeric and water?

:grin: Sometimes i mix with French Clay power, a smidgen of tea tree oil (mixed with carrier oil), ACV...but it is very exfoliating and I think the Chlorella has made my skin more sensitive..so I do this every other week now or when I am steaming my hair..

Thank you for the heads up on chlorella. I was severely anemic and my hair was not growing and I had a vertical split in my thumbnail for over 10 years. After a month on chlorella the split in my thumbnail mended. My hair has started to grow also. I have a genetic alopecia condition and my grandmothers head was bald all the way back to the top of her head. My hair was headed that way but is showing signs of imrovement. All of the hair on my temple area was gone and that is filling, but a lot of the hairs are fuzz. Hopefully they can become terminal hairs. I have also added spirulina to the mix. I take about 12 grams of chlorella and wonder if I increase my CGF my hair will grow faster?
This board is the absolute best. I have gained invaluable information that not even money can buy.

ilong

God's Own
Phillygryl - welcome to the thread and I am glad that you have experienced some of the great health benefits of Chlorella/Spirulina as many of us on this thread have.
Chlorella and Spirulina are both very high in protein and protein promotes hair growth internally and externally so hair growth is definitely an expected benefit. I don't know if more is better - you will have to experiment with dosages and see your results. For me, the pain free joints they give me are more important than hair growth (did I just say that?? :yep: - yep! and it is true) The great thing is that they do promote hair growth so I get the best of both worlds.

Also, while telling someone else about my personal experience with Chlorella/Spirulina - I had a new epiphany! I have not had to take ANY type of pain reliever, for ANY reason, (headache, backache, joints, etc), because I've had NO PAIN. NONE - NADA since I started taking these supplements. :yay: