How Did You Fare In 2010?

How Did You Fare in 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grand Prix

I'm definitely happy with my progress! :grin:
At the beginning of this year I finally made BSL, then I BC'd at 19 months post, which was my biggest goal. And now, I'm APL again! :yay:

Janet'

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: to all you ladies who met, or almost met your goals and :congrats: to those who didn't but have learned valuable lessons...

More, more, more!!!!

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
What was your goal and did you meet it? Are you close to meeting it?
My goal was to maintain my hair's health and continue transitioning. My 2 year mark is coming 2/11. I've transitioned by cutting gradually, so the idea is to gradually replace my relaxed hair with natural, not to achieve a length goal. I will just continue to let it grow when I am 100% natch. I thought my relaxed hair would have broken off by now, but it's still here and doing fine, knock on wood. I have 6 in of relaxed hair in the back and about 8 inch left on the sides, Next november, at my slowest growth rate, the back should be around mbl stretched, so I am happy.
Did something drastic happen (like a BC) that made you set new goals? No
Did you have a setback? No
Tell us how your year went (hair-wise). Pretty uneventful, I have my regimen and staples and treat my hair gently. I am meticulously consistent, so things have been uneventful and predictable. That's how I like it. My stylist tells me to keep doing what I am doing because it is working well for me.
What are your predictions for next year? To keep transitioning until the relaxed hair grows out. To continue not to obsess about my hair. I just need time.
Will you do anything differently for 2011? I am not fixing what is not broken, so unless& until my hair flips and I start seeing breakage, dryness, etc. I will continue doing what I have been doing.

RegaLady

I almost made my goal. I wanted to be SL natural Dec 2010. And it looks I like I am grazng SL. So I am happy. Next up, pass APL in Dec 2011.

KurlyNinja

I found LHCF back in March of this year. At that point, I didnt know what I wanted besides nice healthy hair to be back at the length it was when I was younger. I also decided to transition. Well as of today, I'm still transitioning - never thought I would be natural ever again in my life! And I made full shoulder length this year. APL - April 2011??? I sure hope so. I'm more than satisfied! And next year will be even better!

RainyDaze

I selected Other. I have not reached my goal, since I am starting from August 2010. I am pleased with the amount of growth since then.

Maybe as disappointing as last year was :(. I didn't make it to APL in 2009, and as far as I know I hadn't made it in 2010 either so far. But, maybe I'll discover a surprise growth spurt when my weave comes out this month? :D

Janet'

Maybe as disappointing as last year was :(. I didn't make it to APL in 2009, and as far as I know I hadn't made it in 2010 either so far. But, maybe I'll discover a surprise growth spurt when my weave comes out this month? :D

That's right Cherry- reach for the stars! I can't wait till your reveal, you might be pleasantly surprised!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'm happy. My goals were to reach SL, overcome my porosity issues and be able to make a bun. Mission accomplished. Now let's see if I can make APL in 2011.

fitnessmommy

I'm going to have to wait until 12/31/10 & then I will let you know! I did texlax today though and I *think* I may have reached my goal. I need every last day of 2010 to get there though!

I am sort of laughing at myself though... this is the longest my hair has EVER been but I am SO impatient to get to my ultimate goal of waist length. My current hair goal for this year however is BSL. I hope to get to MBL by May of 2011 and WL by this time next year! Crossing my fingers...

reggierisk

I orginally exceeded by goal of apl. was past it by at 2 inches at least. unfortunately the crown and back of my head has sustained breakage at the relaxer demarcation. Uhh!
So 2 weeks ago got a cut about 3-4 inches. so its about 1-2 inches from from apl I realize I have to revise the regimen. My roots like be'ing straight. so i'll be incorporating dominican blowouts back into my regimen for the coming year.

fivetimestwo

My only real goal was to make it to November with my transition. I've done that and I'm now trying to make it to May. I didn't really have a length goal, so I'm pleased. :yep:

Mrs. Verde

I didn't have a goal so I selected other. My hair is healthy and I am very happy with current length. It doesn't really seem like I had a lot of growth the last few months of this year. Overall I am happy, but I am kicking it up a few notches next year.

lilliz6

I have met my goal of BSL/BSB. I am right at the top of my bra strap and I have had two trims this year. My first goal was APL which I met around May or June I think. Now I am at BSL just in time for the new year. I don't plan on straightening my hair until the end f January which is a special treat for my birthday. We will see the official length then and where it is after my ends are trimmed. I am happy with my progress!

Imani

I was in the SL 2010 challenge, but I'm not SL. Some pieces are grazing SL but not really enough to claim it I don't think. Another goal of mine was no breakage which I have not met, I still get breakage, its not excessive but still much more than I would like (I'm playing around with the idea of doing like a protein prepoo or something; It could also be bc I'm due for a trim). Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with my progress and hopefully will make SL in the early part of 2011.

Lady S

:cry:

In the middle of the year, I got the bright idea that I was going to loc my hair again. Instead of doing the two strand twist method I did last time, I decide to start them off with the palm roll method. Bad idea. My hair had decided that it doesn't want to start locing using the palm roll method, it's just sections of hair just hanging out with each other but not actually interlocking with each other.

Moral of the story: If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
I

alanaj

I haven't been keeping up with making goals etc nearly as much as I did in my first year or natrualdom. But I somehow made it to APL at my nape and almost chin length at the front.
I've seen tremendous growth and I'm totally happy with it!

Janet'

:cry:

In the middle of the year, I got the bright idea that I was going to loc my hair again. Instead of doing the two strand twist method I did last time, I decide to start them off with the palm roll method. Bad idea. My hair had decided that it doesn't want to start locing using the palm roll method, it's just sections of hair just hanging out with each other but not actually interlocking with each other.

Moral of the story: If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
I

Yeah...good moral...At least you found out what the problem was so you can remedy it in 2011!

That's right Cherry- reach for the stars! I can't wait till your reveal, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Yeah, hopefully, thanks :). I will maybe make a thread about it, if anyone will be interested. That's only if I can get my camera sorted, I'm always having some problem with it :rolleyes:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Not only did I not reach my goal, I'm now even further away from it than when I started in January. In fact, I'm back to where I was in 2008 when I did my original big chop. :sad:

But I'm not worried about it at all ... I'll just grow from here. :yep:

jupitermoon

I did okay. For the very first time in my life my hair touches my butt. I've discovered hair sticks too and I *heart* them. Not only are they beautiful but they're simple to use and easy on the hair.

My regimen is even more simple. I now wash once a week and have been doing so since about May I think and it's working well.

Janet'

Yeah, hopefully, thanks :). I will maybe make a thread about it, if anyone will be interested. That's only if I can get my camera sorted, I'm always having some problem with it :rolleyes:

Of course we are going to be interested!!! Start working on that doggone camera RIGHT NOW!!!!:yep::yep:

EllePixie

I need to change my answer...lol...I finally got to measure my hair and I'm really only 1/2 an inch away from my chin goal about, so the dream is still alive! Also, I measured how far I am from APL and the back is only like 3 inches! I can definitely make that next year. :D

destine2grow

Well i transition for 7.5 months and went natural for 4 months and am back to relaxed. I did become natural but didnt know how 2 keep moisture in my hair and it broke off bad in 2 areas. i couldnt take it and relaxed. i am growing the breakage area out and i am happy b/c i know how 2 care for my relaxed hair better! I am at nl and am hoping to have a healthy head of hair all at full sl!

nissi

I orginally exceeded by goal of apl. was past it by at 2 inches at least. unfortunately the crown and back of my head has sustained breakage at the relaxer demarcation. Uhh!
So 2 weeks ago got a cut about 3-4 inches. so its about 1-2 inches from from apl I realize I have to revise the regimen. My roots like be'ing straight. so i'll be incorporating dominican blowouts back into my regimen for the coming year.

reggierisk, a word of advice, please stay away from dominican blowouts! you are asking for setback city unless they are super gentle...hhg!