How Did You Fare In 2010?

How Did You Fare in 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaykaybobay

I really had no goals because I can never stick to them. I will say I do finally after several years have a regimen down yay! I also k ow which products work for me as well. I guess I should try and set goals for next year.

nucienuce1

I started at APL and went on to just making MBL and then I cut my hair to SL after transitioning for a little over 18 months.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I joined LHCF in 2010 and was in a newbie/freshman phase of my HHJ. I didn't have any goals. I was just along for the ride. Leading into my sophomore year, I have goals - at BSL with a healthy nape and full edges. I think I'm almost there with my length but the nape area needs some work. It's nowhere near the length of the rest of my hair. I had a setback earlier this year due to a stretch gone bad so I also want to grow hair back in those areas.

Here's my 2010 progress that I tracked. I didn't start taking pics until months after joining LHCF.

Larger photo of my Dec 2010.

Last edited:

RossBoss

I met my goal of having long hair, it was MBL. Decided it didn't do me justice so cut it to a little above SL and feel so much better. :yep:

Drtondalia

I picked other because I just started my HHJ the last week of September, I do see progress but I didn't expect anything major in just a few months. I have learned so so much about my hair and my daughters hair. I'm just thankfull for that.

In the upcoming year I am working toward WL. I'm kinda amped!:yay:

SmilingElephant

My goal at first was to reach Hip Length by the end of the year or be at least half way there....i am...but i forgot about my relaxed hair's length and now i'm focusing on my transition:D

Even though i picked other.....i am also regrouping for 2011 bc i'm hoping to be (natural hair stretched) SL/APL by the end of the year....if i am....i will BC.:yep:

ParagonTresses

I did not set a length goal for 2010 but I am happy with my retention progress. I wanted to learn more about my hair's likes/dislikes, which I did so I'm happy. What I need to work on is my documentation of my HHJ, my goal was monthly updates, but unfortunately they were few and far between. I'm working on that for 2011 though...

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I will continue my transition and hopefully BC either at 18 months or 2 years post. So yes I met my goal of transitioning for 1 year with a healthy head of hair.

MissLadie

I reached my goal of APL :yep:

The first pic is February 2010
The second November 2010

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00952.jpg
    DSC00952.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 16

CB1731

I chose other. I've only been a member for a few months so I wasn't expecting anything. My hair is SO thick now and soft and slightly longer (I'm sure only I can tell) in such a short amount of time. I'm very excited about the new year!

BERlin

I big chopped in august, so I didn't really think it would be useful to set a goal. I'm still working on figuring out what my natural hair likes. (Other)

polished07

I didn't meet my goal but I'm not upset b/c I know what I did wrong and I figured out how to rectify the problem for 2011.

This is me all the way! I know exactly what my problem is and how to fix it, Im not consistent when I was preggo I didnt have anything to but be consistent (I stayed at home) so Im on it, and Im keeping things simple!

Janet'

I big chopped in august, so I didn't really think it would be useful to set a goal. I'm still working on figuring out what my natural hair likes. (Other)

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your curls!!!!!

This is me all the way! I know exactly what my problem is and how to fix it, Im not consistent when I was preggo I didnt have anything to but be consistent (I stayed at home) so Im on it, and Im keeping things simple!

Awww...Well, :congrats: on your new bundle of joy!!! Like you said, you know what to do for 2011, so :congrats: to you for that!

Iluvsmuhgrass

I voted that I didn't quite meet my goal but I'm still satisfied. I did a few 2-3 trims since my BC in February.

BC 2/10

2.5 months post BC

7 months post BC

October update in siggy. I won't do another update until January or February.

Missjae09

I guess I'm about where I thought I would be at this time of of year... dusting SL. My hair is growing.. it's evolving and changing and I'm enjoying watching it transform but at the same time I get impatient with it... I'm not excited about the lenth yet. I'm hoping in 2011 I will be able to reach some lengths I can be excited about! :)

CrissieD

I'm close my goal for 2010. I started the year w/ my longest layer just a little longer than shoulder length and now my shortest layer is shoulder length and my longest is BSL. Goal for 2011 is MBL. Then maybe I will feel like I've got long hair :)

augiemoment

i am so pissed off right now
I lost one whole years worth of hair because of weather
I spent one year in scotland doing my masters and after leaving my home country with full almost BSL hair, and now I am done, my hair is at apl and requires serious trimming. I shed so much hair from the cold weather that even my husband noticed I was loosing hair and it was also breaking.
My back hair is the worst affected. I changed relaxer to lye and that was the worst thing I ever did as my hair was always shrinking at the back causing massive breakage where because it was touching my shoulder.
Anyway 2011 is a new year and i am focusing on a healthier me focusing on my hair and body. I will retain all my inches next year and I will be doing serious protective styling for my ends and I am switching back to no lye relaxer which was better for me.

Janet'

i am so pissed off right now
I lost one whole years worth of hair because of weather
I spent one year in scotland doing my masters and after leaving my home country with full almost BSL hair, and now I am done, my hair is at apl and requires serious trimming. I shed so much hair from the cold weather that even my husband noticed I was loosing hair and it was also breaking.
My back hair is the worst affected. I changed relaxer to lye and that was the worst thing I ever did as my hair was always shrinking at the back causing massive breakage where because it was touching my shoulder.
Anyway 2011 is a new year and i am focusing on a healthier me focusing on my hair and body. I will retain all my inches next year and I will be doing serious protective styling for my ends and I am switching back to no lye relaxer which was better for me.

@augiemoment I'm so sorry to hear about your setback :bighug: 1. :congrats: on completing your Master's degree! 2. At least you have a plan for 2011 and you are moving forward, so that's wonderful!!!! You'll be MBL in no time!!! :yep: :yep:

Janet'

I voted that I didn't quite meet my goal but I'm still satisfied. I did a few 2-3 trims since my BC in February.

That's great progress! :congrats:

I guess I'm about where I thought I would be at this time of of year... dusting SL. My hair is growing.. it's evolving and changing and I'm enjoying watching it transform but at the same time I get impatient with it... I'm not excited about the lenth yet. I'm hoping in 2011 I will be able to reach some lengths I can be excited about! :)

I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be your year to "whip your hair" Missjae!!!! :yep:

I'm close my goal for 2010. I started the year w/ my longest layer just a little longer than shoulder length and now my shortest layer is shoulder length and my longest is BSL. Goal for 2011 is MBL. Then maybe I will feel like I've got long hair :)

Sounds like you are progressing nicely!!!! :congrats: