What challenges would you like to see in 2010?

???

• Goal Challenges

Votes: 76 60.8%
  • Healthy Ends

Votes: 54 43.2%
  • Protective Styling

Votes: 50 40.0%
  • Hide Your Hair

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Deep Conditioning Challenges

Votes: 50 40.0%
  • CO-Washing

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Buy 1, Use 1

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • No Heat

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • Stretching

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Other

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
What challenges would you all like to see in the year 2010 and why?

I personally would like to see Super Healthy Ends and DC'ing challenges, and of course goal (SL, APL, BSL and beyond) challenges.

How bout you? I will post a poll that ends when the year ends.

La Colocha

I would like to see some no buys.:look: I know they may not be popular but they do help.

Im going to start another use 1 buy 1 next year its been going pretty good so far.

and i would also like to see more deep conditioning and protective style challenges.

Good thread op.:yep:

♥Lamaravilla♥

I would like to see some no buys.:look: I know they may not be popular but they do help.

Im going to start another use 1 buy 1 next year its been going pretty good so far.

and i would also like to see more deep conditioning and protective style challenges.

Good thread op.:yep:

I need a no buy :nono:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I need a no buy :nono:

Me too. :sad:

I'd like to see a healthy ends, DC, protective styling, and goal challenge, because this year, I want to focus really heavily on retention. I'm a slow-grower, so the best way to reach my goals is to hang on to whatever I can coax from my scalp. :yep:

I forgot to vote other, but I'd also like to see a challenge for regrowing the edges and nape, and a supplement/vitamin challenge. I started taking some supplements a few days ago, and I plan on adding more, but I can already feel myself falling off. :lol:

msa

I'm not really interested in any challenges specifically...but I would like to see people update more in the goal challenges. The APL '09 has a bunch of updates...but most other goal challenges only have a few people posting pics.

More updates!!

chokolate miss

TWA growout challenge. I never paid attention to them before, but now I have a TWA:look:...

So that on would be great...it feels like I am checking for every millimeter of growth at this point. (Maybe I need a hobby, not a challenge):lachen:

beans4reezy

I would like to see a hair supplements challenge, like GNC Ultra Nourishair, Viviscal, or Nioxin challenges. Just to see which vitamins seems to assist more with growth.

Eluv

Goal and no heat challenges.

The other stuff isn't really a challenge to me, cause it's something I do regardless.

WaistLengthDreams

I voted for goal lengths, PS, Healthy Ends, and Stretching. It seems that all of the successful relaxed heads on here have those things in common! :grin::grin::grin:

I'm not really interested in any challenges specifically...but I would like to see people update more in the goal challenges. The APL '09 has a bunch of updates...but most other goal challenges only have a few people posting pics.

More updates!!

I agree with the bolded. I'd love to see more end results of these challenges. I seems like so many people join them but only a hand full post pictures to show the results of working through the challenges.
WE NEED MORE UPDATES!!!!

Esq.2B

Vitamins challenge and healthy ends challenge definitely.

And I just started a vitamins challenge after I read some of the responses in this thread :lol:. I've been off of my game with the vitamins.

melodies815

I'd love to see a challenge that requires comparison pics at the end...not the kind where you have to search the entire thread, but where the comparison pics are placed in an easy to find location.

I get frustrated sometimes during a challenge when I cannot find progress pics...and it's a little demoralizing. I am still relatively new at growing my hair healthily, so pics of what works are great motivators for me.

cj

panamoni

I was thinking of starting a challenge this week - still working out the guidelines in my head.

That being said, I like when challenges have guidelines for people to follow and commitments people can make to fulfill the challenges. That way, they have a concrete plan they've agreed to, and if they fall off, they can go back and read what they've committed to do.

Aggie

At the very top of my list is LTRS (Long Term Relaxer Stretching)

Second would be HYH (Hide Your Hair)

Third would be DC (deep conditioning)

I guess if I have a forth challenge it would be Goals but I wouldn't join one because one of my goals is to join 2 maybe 3 challenges next year. I don't foresee myself being too active on the board next year, I'll see:look:.

The only real goal I have for my hair next year is stretching my relaxer by hiding my hair for the entire year with some DCing in between:yep:.

LaidBak

I liked the "52 weeks of Protective Styling" thing that was going on. I don't recall if that was a challenge. But I loved interpreting the styles that were posted each week.

isabella09

I voted Goal Challenges my idea is; Subsequent to finding your regimen and staples this challenge will assist in remaining consistent with the above and will permit alterations to these solely on the basis that it will enhance your regimen. The duration of the ‘consistency challenge’ :grin: will be a 1 year with proposed enhancement, if any, introduced once every three months there will also be one special pass for immediate introduction of an enhancement (may it be a technique or product). Lastly, no buying of new products apart from those that will enhance your regimen (only 4 new products during the challenge) therefore the main products purchased will be stock replenishments.

Last edited:

isawstars

I'm waiting for someone to start up Protein is my Friend Part 2! :grin: I've been using the aphogee line once a week with co washing as needed... and my retention has been incredible!

Esq.2B

^^^^ Sidenote: Although I never was officially part of the Protein is my Friend challenge, that thread helped me a LOT. I started using the Aphogee 2 minute on a weekly basis and the Nexxus Emergencee on a monthly basis and my retention has been a LOT better as well.

Sorry to hijack OP :lol:

doll-baby

I'd like to see a "sides catch up to the back" challenge :perplexed
Or a transitioning from thin ends challenge. I calculated that the thickest parts of my hair should be where my length is now by next summer, then I'll BC.

Last edited:

Katherina

i would like to see a healthy ends challenge. i am also trying to reach bsb in 2009 so goal challenges would be good as well. i also have a problem keeping my hair in protective styles...so those are my 3. :yep:

SmilingElephant

I love length challenges because they drive me insane!!!:spinning:

But i would love a JBCO Challenge next year...JBCO is NO JOKE!!!!:nono:

I would also like a protective styling challenge that would give us ideas on how to wear our hair up like different bun styles and also teach us to integrate safe hair accessories such as hairsticks<-----I LOVE hair sticks!!