How do you keep the grease off your pillow at night?

belleza

I'm about to start some serious MTG action, and I can't wear a plastic cap with heavy oils as it clogs my pores. So, how do you butter/oil users sleep without all that junk getting on your pillow?

camellia

I use a little leave in and avocado butter every night. I put my hair in two loose braids and sleep on a satin pillowcase. I bought a bunch of cheap satin pillowcases and just wash them constantly. They do get greasy but as long as I change them every morning the pillows stay clean.

CurliDiva

I appply my MTG and Leave-In in the early evening-once I get home from work, so there is enough time to soak in before bed.

deedabug

use less....if it is leakin all over the sheets its too much...i have permanently greased sheets cuz of over oiling/greasing

MissYocairis

I do the following:

1) MTG
2) Bun or bantu-knot in back
3) Plastic cap (I may even clip the cap if too loose)
4) Let excess MTG drain down my neck and keep a towel there to absorb for about 30 min.
5) Wrap head in satin scarf that I use only for MTG treatments
6) Throw an old towel (one that you don't mind having the color faded) on my pillow and spread it out to cover entire pillow
7) Lights out.

L

lkg4healthyhair

I do one of the following either:

1 - apply to damp hair and its not as bad once my hair dries in a bun

2 - I put on a silk scarf and a satin bonnet

3- I apply in the am and by the pm its not bad

cocoberry10

camellia said:
I use a little leave in and avocado butter every night. I put my hair in two loose braids and sleep on a satin pillowcase. I bought a bunch of cheap satin pillowcases and just wash them constantly. They do get greasy but as long as I change them every morning the pillows stay clean.

Yeah, I agree with CurliDiva. Try to put it on earlier so it soaks into your hair. Use a towel to wrap around your neck and shoulders for protection. I didn't know that when I first bought MTG, and it burned my skin, causing dry patches, peeling and darkening of the skin around my neck and shoulders (it felt and looked leathery). I am still recovering from that.

Also, Camellia, where do you get cheap satin pillowcases?

Cocoberry10

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I guess it's all about using just enough and not too much. I moisturize my hair and ends 3 x's a day and my pillows aren't greasy, since I learned to use enough and not too much. As for the MTG the same thing happened to me my first couple of uses, but I had to buy a bottle that had a very small hole in it so while applying it I would put some on about a inch long and rub it in about 2 inches long. because MTG is runny and it will work it's way down to the other inch. I continue to this btwn each cormrow and in the end it's as if I was greasing my scalp instead of watering it like in the beginning. HTH:)

Sosoothing

On really greasy nights, I put a towel on my pillow. On everyday basis I wear a satin scarf and top it with a satin bonnet, coz the elastic in there helps the scarf stay on. Also I figure the double protection is beneficial to my hair in some way.

Mestiza

deedabug said:
use less....if it is leakin all over the sheets its too much...i have permanently greased sheets cuz of over oiling/greasing

ITA! I had to learn to use less oil on my hair. I'm so heavy-handed w/ it! :lol: