How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?

Anaya-Amani

I've been hand washing my scarf & wrap ban with baking soda about every 2 wks or when excessively oily. I toss it in the dryer & it's ready to wear.

cocosweet

Re: How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent

I'd been washing once a week with the regular wash, but I've been using my sulfur mix aggressively lately so I'm aiming for twice a week. I'm also going to start washing separately. Dh swears he can smell the stuff in his clothes.

frizzy

Re: How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent

They are washed weekly with the bed linens.

I wash them in a garment bag, but I let them air dry. I have multiples of everything (bonnet, silk scarves, satin pillowcases) so I change them as necessary.

^ The sulpher/smell does transfer to the other things that they are washed with. yuck I use the cheap nylon wave cap and bonnet when I use sulpher and I keep them in a zip-lock bag in my nightstand when not in use.

*note to self- start using sulpher again

southerncitygirl

i throw both in the wash with my clothes....my detergent of choice is ecos or trader joes liquid detergent. i have 1 scarf and 2bonnets. i change my pillowcases 1-2 times a week (flip them over to get extra use out of each pillowcase which makes for less piling up on laundry day).