How Do You Know That You Think About Hair Too Much

B

ballet_bun

Last night I had a dream that I was in a drug store looking at hair products, and I was checking out the ingredients. The back of the bottle listed 17,???? of cysteine in it. The sorry thing is that the previous night I had a dream about hair sticks (among a few other dreams, so I'm not totally gone .... but almost).

Anyone else ever have hair dreams
?

ballet bun ...

dahllia

Yeah the other night I dreamed that I had waist length hair and it was like I had always had it or something. I was on the bus and I had some chopsticks in it and just took them out and my hair just rolled down my back and everybody was staring at me and telling me how pretty my hair was....and then I woke up....It was a nice dream but kind of weird. Everytime I have a dream where something on me is different to what I naturally look like, I wake up feeling weirded out for a minute, then Im back to normal. But Id have to say that I do think about hair 80% of my day, everyday. I know it's sad. But I understand that I am very enthusiastic about hair since coming to this board, it will stabalize soon, I hope *nervous laughter*

KinksnCurlz

I was going to post how I had a dream that I washed my hair and just combed it out straight and it was airdrying as if i had a rollerset and sat under the dryer. It looked beautiful. My sister asked me what i was doing and i said drying my hair. There was a section (small) of my hair that began to frizz and i got really upset. Than i woke up... Strange dream but i sure wished it were true because when i airdry my hair it begins to look like a loofah poof.

ComfortablyNumb

I dreamed I had thick even hair just below brastrap. My dreams are so vivid that I usually can't distiguish them from reality. So I woke up thinking I had all that nice hair. I don't (have long, thick hair...well, it's considered long to some, just not me), but I think this is one dream that is going to come true!

msprettyeyes

1) When I see someone and I say to myself
(they sure could use a hot oil treatment, or they need some reconstructor in their hair)
2)When I see someone with nice hair and I wonder what products they use (if I don't want to ask then I try to smell it (i know, i know I'm a little obsessed) and then I go to the BSS and stick my nose into everything until I get it right.
3) When I know I have enough products but still manage to buy something everyday, and then curse myself out after I buy it.
4) When I constantly wait for the day my hair touches my bra strap and anxiously wait to let it loose

debyjay

Re: How Do You Know That You Think About Hair Too

Well, I realized I had a problem when I ran into my Landlord's daughter who I only say hello to -- in the beauty supply store with dry crispy hair that she recently cut to shoulder length and wanted to take her home and slap a protein treatment followed by serious moisture on her. This girl had bra strap lenght that was bone dry and I just know that some idiot stylist told her the only way to make it better was to chop it. Or she did it herself, whatever. I so badly wanted to say to her -- can I give you a wash please? I drove my mom insane all day with this. I still can't get it out of my head even though it's been four days. Now if I run into her again and she still has crispy hair, I'm going to ask her to let me do it! I mean there is no way I could make it worse.
Sorry this was so long but it was theraputic. Thanks guys.

Dejuan42

i had a dream that i had long braids that i've always wanted then i and a nightmare that i went bald in the top part of my hair

B

ballet_bun

Wow, would you really say something to her. If it was me, I would probably want to, but wouldn't have the guts. Now when it has been a family member in the pasty ... uff ... that's no problem. I've told them what I think of their hair and they we should go to the BSS! She would listen to a woman with short nasty hair, but not a daughter with nice thick hair ... huh ... what was up with that ...lol!

Opps, I got off the topic.

Ballet Bun ...

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
3) When I know I have enough products but still manage to buy something everyday, and then curse myself out after I buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is me.... I really need to break out of this b/c it is not healthy

melodee

I have recurring dreams that someone will run up to me on the street and cut a big chunk of hair off.

Foxycus02

Melodee
, wow Other than buying a new hair product everyday, I find myself fighting off urges to do things w/ my hair and test out products, styles, etc...
I mean my hair just calls me " Come on Cat, Play w/ me, U know itll be fun" (lol, Im just joking ladies I am pretty sane, lol)
But in all seriousness the urges are so strong I feel like a dieter trying to resist a big slice of Chocolate Cake.

ngaa

mmm well i realise u kno wen u see some1 on a motorbike with they hair blowin in the wind and curse them out in yo head for bein so cruel to they hair, (as if they dont kno that the wind dries out the hair too much!)

daviine

The last thought in my head before I go to sleep is usually about changes that I can make to my regimen, or what conditioner I will use next. Sad but true. And the worst part of it is that it usually keeps me from sleeping at first becasue I'm so heavy into the thought.

Can't believe I just admitted that.

Jade21

How do you know that you think about hair too much?

My answer is when you start exhibiting obsessive-compulsive behavior. That means you are thinking about your hair CONSTANTLY (let's say over 30% of your day) AND you are acting upon the thought. The former is the obsession; the latter is the compulsion.

I don't know about the situation where you see someone and you just want to snatch them and say "what the hell are you doing to your hair?" I've been tempted to do that myself a few times but like the person who mentioned their landlord's daughter, the case was EXTREME.

I would say I definitely think about my hair more in the winter than in warmer weather. I don not like the thought of dry indoor or outdoor air.

~Jade~

inthepink

How about this...
At work today, I drew out diagrams of how to part my hair and where to put braids for a braidout that I want to try over the weekend.
Pathetic!

T

Tee

I give myself daily scalp massages on my commute home from work! I know I must look like a nut driving 90 on the freeway while rubbing my scalp.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

when you know the codes for most of the graemlins on LHCF and don't have to open up the menu and click on them--you just type in the code...

inthepink

Yeah, that's pretty bad, Supergirl!

wait a minute...i just did one!

nekee

I cant wait until my hair gets 3 inches longer so i can relax it myself .
I find myself , with my hands in my hair imagining how i am going it out when im relaxing it, and how im going to smooth through teh relaxer

I am in bed sick as a ____ ( i dunno what ) , and im wondering how many posts im missing on this site at that very moment

I purposely tug on my hair to see if any comes out and if any does .. i check for white roots

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
when you know the codes for most of the graemlins on LHCF and don't have to open up the menu and click on them--you just type in the code...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I'm not the only one!

Karonica

I had a horror nightmare a few weeks ago about getting a bad haircut. I woke up sweating and everything.

When people around me say, "You're buying more hair products"? OR "Don't you go down that hair aisle!" OR "You doing your hair again?!?"

Britt

I am soo excited that I just ordered my Affirm perm.. and this morning my boyfriend told me that I was talking in my sleep saying "look, just dont mess wit my Affirm"... i couldnt stop laughing, he said I had I an attitude and was telling him off about my perm in his sleep

debyjay

Hairlove, I did that yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drew a diagram and wrote a step by step guide that I'm gonna try. And the sad part is I left it on my desk and my co-worker saw it!!! We need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Hairlove, I did that yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drew a diagram and wrote a step by step guide that I'm gonna try. And the sad part is I left it on my desk and my co-worker saw it!!! We need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha-ha-ha!!! I've done that too!