How long do you wait after a relaxer.....

How long do you wait after a relaxer to wash your hair?

• A few days

Votes: 115 29.3%
  • A week

Votes: 208 52.9%
  • Between 1-2 weeks

Votes: 61 15.5%
  • Longer

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drasgrl

To wash your hair? This Sunday will be a week since my touch up and I may go another week without a wash because I just hate loosing that new relaxer feel. The night I wash it and it dries it just doesn't feel the same. :ohwell: I want to enjoy it as long as I can.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
To wash your hair? This Sunday will be a week since my touch up and I may go another week without a wash because I just hate loosing that new relaxer feel. The night I wash it and it dries it just doesn't feel the same. :ohwell: I want to enjoy it as long as I can.

I always wash my hair once a week regardless of when I got a touch-up, and the week after my touch up I always do my hardcore protein treatment, due to the hair being just relaxed. This will help to thicken it up and make it more durable!

Rapunzel*

in the past i use to wait over 2 weeks
just make sure you oil your scalp you'll be fine:yep:

sad thing is even after i would flat iron it it still wouldn't look half as good

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm addicted to washing my hair. It's sooooo hard for me to get in the shower and not AT LEAST wet it. Whether freshly relaxed or not, I can't go more than 3 days without rinsing, washing, deep conditioning, co-washing--SOMETHING! :rofl:

I just relaxed on Monday and I washed it again on Wednesday. I was itching to do it on Tuesday, but I figured I'd let myself enjoy my relaxed hair for a day :lol:

Blessed_Angel

I always wash my hair once a week regardless of when I got a touch-up, and the week after my touch up I always do my hardcore protein treatment, due to the hair being just relaxed. This will help to thicken it up and make it more durable!

I've just started doing the protein after a relaxer too. But I always used to wash after one week. And since I rollerset my hair myself; I still have that new relaxer feel weeks after a relaxer.

Skyqueen737

Funny this should be a new post bc I was just wondering the same thing,but with a different angle. SO....I remember folks saying (b4 LHCF) not to wash until a wk after a relaxer so it will last longer. I had a relaxer at the beginning of this month and really stuck to my hair schedule and co-washed everyday or every other day. In addition, I was serious about my MN application. I had new growth a week and a half after my relaxer! Now, I want to contribute it to my MN and taking care of my hair. However, something in me keeps wondering if that old wives tale rings true. Sorry for the long post. Any ideas???

RocStar

I usually wait 2 or 3 days after. I get my relaxer done at the salon, so the first time I wash it, for my peace of mind, I like to use a neutralizing shampoo. This is just to make sure all of the relaxer is out/gone. Then I like to do some type of deep conditioning either with moisture or protein or both. My hair seems to need this pretty soon after relaxing so I don't like to wait more than 3 days post relaxer.

drasgrl

I used to always wash once a week before. After I relaxed I put coconut oil on it. I heard I think from the Shamboosie book that coconut oil helps restore protein but yeah when I finally do wash it I will do some CPR since I did an Aphogee just before I relaxed.

I'm addicted to washing my hair. It's sooooo hard for me to get in the shower and not AT LEAST wet it. Whether freshly relaxed or not, I can't go more than 3 days without rinsing, washing, deep conditioning, co-washing--SOMETHING! :rofl:

I just relaxed on Monday and I washed it again on Wednesday. I was itching to do it on Tuesday, but I figured I'd let myself enjoy my relaxed hair for a day :lol:

Yeah a few months ago I was starting to get addicted to washing it was driving me a little crazy. Thank God that only lasted a few weeks.

Funny this should be a new post bc I was just wondering the same thing,but with a different angle. SO....I remember folks saying (b4 LHCF) not to wash until a wk after a relaxer so it will last longer. I had a relaxer at the beginning of this month and really stuck to my hair schedule and co-washed everyday or every other day. In addition, I was serious about my MN application. I had new growth a week and a half after my relaxer! Now, I want to contribute it to my MN and taking care of my hair. However, something in me keeps wondering if that old wives tale rings true. Sorry for the long post. Any ideas???

Long? :lachen:If that's long then my hair is down to my butt.

Coffee

I wait about 3-5 days and then do a light protein treatment. I do a heavy protein treatment about 5 days before I relax, and another light protein treatment during the relaxing process.

wheezy807

I wait a week now because i typically wash my hair once a week. But in the beginnig of my journey i used to wash it no more than three days after ( i used to be paranoid about relaxer left in the hair and i would neutralize it).

Evazhair

I wash one week after a touchup. I think it is important to maintain the condition of the hair. I usually do a light protein or ceramide the second week. I know what you are talking about:yep:, because I used to feel the same. If you are using the right products, there should not be that kind of change after washing. My hair now stays "relaxer fresh" until the new growth starts to appear.

MiWay

I used to wash a week later, but I started to hate that limp look/feel so I started washing between 2 and 3 days afterwards.

morehairplease

When I was relaxed, I would generally wait a week after my relaxer to wash. There was no particular reason other than loving that fresh perm look:rolleyes::yep::grin::look:

miami74

I wait until 3 days post relaxer to do my first wash with a neutralizing shampoo. This is after I get it relaxed at a salon, just to make sure that all of the relaxer is out of my hair. I will then do a hardcore protein treatment a week after my relaxer.

Aggie

Yeah, what she said. I love washing my hair. It's one of my life's little pleasures that makes me happy when I'm done, shucks, even as I send this post, I have some DC on my hair right now.

belleama

I used to wait about a week or so just because I was in love with the look and feel of my relaxed hair. Then after being on the boards for a while I was washing about three days after because I was on the CW challenge. Now I doubt I could go more than two days simply because I love to wash my hair and I workout now. So I'd probably end up getting a relaxer on saturday and washing my hair again on Monday after my first workout of the week.

mika vs sasha

i typically wait 1 week before I wash... i don't really wear my hair out a lot and since I pay 115 for my relaxer. I like to see it swing for a couple of days.:grin:

Kiki82

I usually wait 2 or 3 days after. I get my relaxer done at the salon, so the first time I wash it, for my peace of mind, I like to use a neutralizing shampoo. This is just to make sure all of the relaxer is out/gone. Then I like to do some type of deep conditioning either with moisture or protein or both. My hair seems to need this pretty soon after relaxing so I don't like to wait more than 3 days post relaxer.

This is such a good idea....

poookie

i enjoy the first 3 days after the relaxer, and i'll wear it out and let it swing every which way...

then on day 4 its back to rollersets!

atlien

I usually wait about two weeks.... I understand wanting to enjoy that new relaxer feeling that's why I wait two weeks. After two weeks, my hair look like it's reverting so I have to enjoy seeing my scalp and having the comb glide through my hair as long as possible.