How long do you wait after a relaxer.....

How long do you wait after a relaxer to wash your hair?

• A few days

Votes: 115 29.3%
  • A week

Votes: 208 52.9%
  • Between 1-2 weeks

Votes: 61 15.5%
  • Longer

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drasgrl

I finally washed Friday I'm going to wash tonight. I miss that new relaxer feel :ohwell: but it had to end sometime.

paradise79

Hi ladies,

Since I've discovered the LHCF, I'm addicted! Before I used to wash my hair 1 or even 2 week after the relaxer, just to enjoy the newly relaxed-look. But I hate it now, since I cowash twice per week; relaxer or not I wash after 3 days.

I just realized after 3 days (my last relaxer was on 1st may I think and the 3rd day was my normal cowash day) my scalp was itching like hell but I think I just wanted a reason to wash my hair.

starfish

I just got my relaxer yesterday and since I work out every morning and my hair is wet with sweat when I'm done, I really should co-wash it today. I might wait until after my workout tomorrow morning, but the thought of 2 days of sweat drying out my hair makes me cringe. Dang! less than 24 hours of it down and pretty, it'll be wet and up in a bun like it always is. :(

I'll actually wash it after my workout tomorrow.

Kimiche

I used to wash my hair every 2 weeks after a relaxer back in the day. :ohwell: Yeah I know. Now I do it after 1 week because my hair needs that. Plus after awhile I get tired of the marcel stove flat iron smell from the beauty salon.

Crystalicequeen123

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! :lol:

I usually wait a week...typically no longer than that to wash or co wash my hair after a relaxer service.

However just a few weeks ago, after my touchup I co-washed my hair the next day! Yep! That's right! The very next day. :yep: I just couldn't stand how limp, fragile, dry, and thin my hair felt. :nono: Plus, my stylist put some setting lotion in my hair that made the crown of my hair all dry and hard. :mad:

So yeah...needless to say, I was all TOO happy to wash that stuff out of my hair. :lol:

Anna9764

To wash your hair? This Sunday will be a week since my touch up and I may go another week without a wash because I just hate loosing that new relaxer feel. The night I wash it and it dries it just doesn't feel the same. :ohwell: I want to enjoy it as long as I can.
I can relate, Drasgrl

so much so, I recently damaged my hair touching up between touch-ups. My nape and I also lost a lot in the back. It's coming along good now. It was a blessing in disguise, I found LHCF because of it :yep:. On my way to Long, Beautiful healthy hair :grin:.
Anna

Junonia

To wash your hair? This Sunday will be a week since my touch up and I may go another week without a wash because I just hate loosing that new relaxer feel. The night I wash it and it dries it just doesn't feel the same. :ohwell: I want to enjoy it as long as I can.

I usually wash two weeks after a relaxer. I like that new relaxer feel also. What I don't like about a new relaxer is that my hair is limp like in three days after. I have to do rollersets to bring it back to life. After a wash my hair is no longer limp but it is dry.

i typically wait 1 week before I wash... i don't really wear my hair out a lot and since I pay 115 for my relaxer. I like to see it swing for a couple of days.:grin:

115 dollars for a relaxer??!!!!!! :perplexed:nuts: That s ALOT of money for a relaxer...what kind of relaxer did you use? I d never heard that much of price WOW! Mine was 25 dollars...

shelly25

I'm the same way.
I usually wash it after a couple of weeks though.

that_1_grrrl

When I used to relax, I would wait between a week and two weeks. That was just the way I was told to do it. If I were to get a relaxer tomorrow, I'd probably wash my hair 2-3 days later, but I personally don't like the fresh relaxer look. It was always too limp for me.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
A week.

I did a touch up last Saturday. So tonight I'm pre-pooing with oil, and then I'll wash and dc tomorrow.

Dommo

I wash my hair in a couple of days to add some body...I don't like the fresh relaxer, sleek look

LovinLea

I wait maybe 4-5 days. I always worry about the effect of the relaxer on my hair, so I'm in a rush to wash it yet again with a neutralizing chelating shampoo (Aloe Rid), and then do a light protein (Aphogee 2 Min or Lekair Cholesterol).

I don't even like the newly relaxed feeling. My hair is thin and does anything I want it to do too easily. But then I really miss that feeling once I hit 8 weeks post.

ShantWhite

I wait maybe 4-5 days. I always worry about the effect of the relaxer on my hair, so I'm in a rush to wash it yet again with a neutralizing chelating shampoo (Aloe Rid), and then do a light protein (Aphogee 2 Min or Lekair Cholesterol).

I don't even like the newly relaxed feeling. My hair is thin and does anything I want it to do too easily. But then I really miss that feeling once I hit 8 weeks post.

Can you please list the process by which you do this in detail? I relaxed last Sunday and did an Aphogee treatment during relaxing. Now I'm ready to wash and want to use this method, but I'm not quite sure how... Should I pre-poo first? Should I deep condition (under dryer) afterward? I'm so lost :spinning:

LovinLea

Can you please list the process by which you do this in detail? I relaxed last Sunday and did an Aphogee treatment during relaxing. Now I'm ready to wash and want to use this method, but I'm not quite sure how... Should I pre-poo first? Should I deep condition (under dryer) afterward? I'm so lost :spinning:

I just do a regular wash and DC. The only difference is that instead of a moisturizing shampoo, I use the Aloe Rid (neutralizing chelating). Then I DC for 20 minutes under the hooded dryer with the light protein. You don't need to prepoo, unless of course, you want to.

ShantWhite

I just do a regular wash and DC. The only difference is that instead of a moisturizing shampoo, I use the Aloe Rid (neutralizing chelating). Then I DC for 20 minutes under the hooded dryer with the light protein. You don't need to prepoo, unless of course, you want to.

Ok, because I was going to use the Aphogee again... That was the first time I'd used it, but wasn't quite sure if I needed a follow-up.

So you're saying - just use the Aloe Rid to wash and then I can do my usual ORS Replinishing for my d/c and that should be fine...? Thanks!

achangedlife

I'm addicted to washing my hair. It's sooooo hard for me to get in the shower and not AT LEAST wet it. Whether freshly relaxed or not, I can't go more than 3 days without rinsing, washing, deep conditioning, co-washing--SOMETHING! :rofl:

I just relaxed on Monday and I washed it again on Wednesday. I was itching to do it on Tuesday, but I figured I'd let myself enjoy my relaxed hair for a day :lol:

I'm just like you girl. I relaxed Thursday and I've already washed it. Once I got a retouch and she styled it straight. Well I got home and decided that I wanted curls so I wet it and set it. I can't go more than 3 days either.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I usually wash every two weeks after a touchup, not because I necessarily care for the fresh relaxed look but because that's what I'm used to doing anyway. I just got a touch up today, but since I will be traveling for the holidays I will probably take my DC and leave ins with me so I can do my hair next week instead:spinning:

taj

I wash a week after my relaxer is applied. I also get a deep protein treatment. :grin:

LovinLea

Ok, because I was going to use the Aphogee again... That was the first time I'd used it, but wasn't quite sure if I needed a follow-up.

So you're saying - just use the Aloe Rid to wash and then I can do my usual ORS Replinishing for my d/c and that should be fine...? Thanks!

Yup, that sounds fine :yep: