How long do you wait after a relaxer.....

How long do you wait after a relaxer to wash your hair?

• A few days

Votes: 115 29.3%
  • A week

Votes: 208 52.9%
  • Between 1-2 weeks

Votes: 61 15.5%
  • Longer

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PikiNiki

no more than a week. I always get my hair flat ironed after a relaxer to ensure the most accurate trim. With that said, my hair is loaded with cones. I usually can't wait to wash out the cones to give my hair the much needed moisture with co-washing and sealing.

flowinlocks

About 3 or 4 days. Seems like my isn't quite right until after that first cowash. Plus I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems like I can still smell the perm in my hair.

asummertyme

I'm addicted to washing my hair. It's sooooo hard for me to get in the shower and not AT LEAST wet it. Whether freshly relaxed or not, I can't go more than 3 days without rinsing, washing, deep conditioning, co-washing--SOMETHING! :rofl:

I just relaxed on Monday and I washed it again on Wednesday. I was itching to do it on Tuesday, but I figured I'd let myself enjoy my relaxed hair for a day :lol:
thats me too..I did my relaxer on sat..I will be washing prolly on weds...I just have to give it another DC!

chasturner84

i usually wait a week because i love the way my fresh perm looks :grin:

What she said! You can't tell me NOTHIN when I have a fresh relaxer. I just can't stop looking at my hair then. I also wait a week after my relaxer to wash because my hair is really oily and limp by then.

NikkiGirl

It depends on when I have been to the gym last. I workout 3-4 days a week, so I wash depending on that. But I don't use shampoo. I use Hair One because it doesn't dry my hair out and then I clarify once a month with Paul Mitchell Clarifying.

sunnieb

I really don't care about keeping the fresh relaxer look. I just keep right on with my regular regimen. So usually I wash 2 days after a relaxer because it's time.

For my first wash after a relaxer, I use a neutralizing shampoo, clarifying shampoo, moisturizing shampoo, then do a moisturizing dc. Yeah, I know it sounds like a lot, but hey, it works for me! :drunk: