1 moisturizing conditioner
1 reconstructived conditioner
1 leave in
1 oil

CatSuga

I'm only using 3.

These are the excess.

karezone

with me at school I have about 10. Most of which are styling products and leave ins. At home I have at least 10 more for a total of 20.

CarLiTa

:eek: here i was accusing myself to be a PJ... finally i looked at this thread and i saw the TRUE definition :lol: this is so funny... all these products? omg...

right now i have:
1 regular shampoo (rusk)
1 clarifying shampoo (suave)
1 regular conditioner/co washes (suave humectant)
1 deep conditioner (queen helene's cholesterol)
1 protein conditioner (right now it's ORS mayo- will get motions cpr as well)
3 leave-ins (i think these are VERY important :look: for detangling purposes: infusuim 23, Nexxus Headress, Rusk Smoother) currently looking for better ones
3 oils (EVOO, Almond, Rosemary)
1 oil moisturizer (motions)
1 end sealing product (EQP mango butter)

-total: 13 products that I actually use at one time or another.

Hair vitamins: Multivitamin

WANT TO GET :look:
-Protein shampoo (L'anza)
-Better Moisturizing shampoo to replace Rusk
-Better leave-in
-Lecithin supplement
-Hair serum

Cichelle

Right now I am using three: A conditioner, a natural butter, rosewater/glycerine.
I also have a hair oil blend and a clarifying shampoo.

chocolate01

I used to have way too many to count but I really downsized in Sept. I now have 11-19 and will be downsizing again once I revisit some stuff.

Caramela

Is this a trick question? :look: How many do I have or how many do I actually use? :lol:

I have about 378247389 unused/unfinished products. I only use about 5 or 6 or them. LOL :lachen:

tenderheaded

This is so embarrassing:cool: When you don't count you can just pretend the other bottles don't exist. I saw 7 different shampoos, 8 oils, Biosilk, 2 heat protectors, generic Biosilk, 11 conditioners. But I don't use all of them! I will be weeding the list down as I use everything up. (Please do not include the bottle of Motions Lavish Moisture Shampoo I purchased yesterday!!!)

preciousjewel76

I think I have about 25 product pictures in my Fotki:eek: . And I forgot to take a pic of my Elasta QP Mango Butter. Plus, I received some Jason's products in the mail yesterday, and I'm awaiting a shipment of some other hair products. Do I have it bad or what? :lol:

I really, really don't want to be a PJ, but I'm new and I'm trying out different things. I think I can start narrowing down to fewer products soon, though. I'm already discovering which products I like and which ones just don't work for me.

LovelyZ

Wow! I am amazed at how many people have 50+ products!

I have approx. 15 products, but I only use eight of these and two of the eight are only for relaxer day. The other products are leftover ones that I don't want to throwaway but can use when I run out of something else.

ak46

I know without counting that I have 20+ stored away in my bathroom but I don't use all of them at the same time. Some are for when I have my hair down and some are for braids. These are what i'm using:

every wash:
1 shampoo (CON)
1 deep conditioner
3 conditioners (humectress, co-wash cond., & pre-poo cond.)
1 leave-in conditioner
1 daily moisturizer

Oils, etc:
3 growth aides (MTG, Surge, MN) - the funny thing about these is that some include a mixture of several products.
3 oils (jojoba, avacado, castor)
2 EOs (peppermint, rosemary)

Braids:
1 braid spray
1 strengthener

there's probably more but I this is what I can remember at the time being.

Kalayani

I have 21 that i actively use...all the rest is stored in a garbage bag under my bed.

6 shampoos
5 conditioners
2 protein treatments
3 leave in
2 oils
1 jar of grease
1 serum
1 moisturizer

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I have about 29 products--not counting those that are old and I really don't use any more. ;) I find I use a different set of products depending on the seasons (I'm a New Englander, so it's pretty changeable). So at any one time, I not using more than about 8 products.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I have 188 hair products in my house right. I have them categorized and organized on an Excel workbook that I update monthly.

I usually go through about 2 bottles of conditioner a month. Shampoos, which I share with the family, last about 3 months. Moisturizers and sprays last about 4-6 months. I also apply a rinse every 3-4 months.

The products that I actively use though include

2 clarifying shampoos
1 moisturizing shampoo
1 Protein reconstructor
1 Protein conditioner
3 moisturizing conditioners (for pre-pooing and deep conditioning)
1 conditioner to liven color
3 moisturizers (1 spray, 2 creams)
1 oil
2 gels

Last edited:

angellazette

Let's see. I have:

1 shampoo
1 conditioner
1 protein treatment
2 leave ins
2 heavy creams (one isn't actually a heavy cream but I consider it one since I use them in the same way)
1 moisturizer
Henna

These are my main products.

I probably have 3-4 other products (serum for heat usage, curl definition), but those are rarely used.

CoCoGirl821

Letitia said:
wow, have you seen my fotki. Too darn many to count!

Do you buy a new product everytime someone mentions one!?! You have sooo many products, but I bet that gives you an idea about what works on YOUR hair, and not everyone elses. BTW you have beautiful hair!:grin:

yokourt

It would be easier to tell you what I don't have "yet" . They don't call me Ms. SALLY's for nothing. Under the sinks in the bathroom and kitchen. In the bathroom closet from top to bottom, in crates and boxes in my bedroom. This is one reason I hate moving.

I counted three shelves and already I was at 100....

I still want Design Essentials Alter Ego and Eluences

Last edited:

ladybug71

Probably 20 - 25. Way to many. Underneath the bathroom sink looks like a mini beauty supply shop!

4 different shampoos (one is Suave clarifier though)
4 different conditioners
2 deep conditioners
4 protein packs
3 hot oil tubes
3 different jars of hairdressing
1 bottle serum
1 jar of carrot oil cholesterol
1 leave in spray

Like I said, WAY to many! I need to stay away from Sally's for awhile! LOL!

Tee

CoCoGirl821 said:
Do you buy a new product everytime someone mentions one!?! You have sooo many products, but I bet that gives you an idea about what works on YOUR hair, and not everyone elses. BTW you have beautiful hair!:grin:

lol. Girl no. I am just a product junkie. I am trying to 'pump my brakes' on the products. lol

You are right though, I do know what agree/disagree with my hair. lol:lol:

Thanks CoCo! I am still working on it.