How much do you spend on your hair?

sithembile

Hi ladies.

Ever since I decided to invest in good products and good hair maintenance techniques, I've realised that I've been spending so much on my hair. My bathroom is full of products, and a lot of them (like Nexxus and keracare) are quite expensive. Sometimes I think that its overindulgent or even vain to spend so much, I start feeling guilty, what do you think?

CaramelKiss

It all depends on whether u can afford it and if it hasn't come between relationships and obligations. If it hasn't, then nothing to feel guilty about!! And if your hair is healthy and growing because of it, then all the more better!

sweetcocoa

Not as much as I used to. I found my staples...Every once in a while I buy something new(my last buy was (Sebastian Wet...great stuff). But I basically stick to what's under my profile.

Integrity

the initial costs are high as you are trying to find what works for your hair. but as you get to know what it likes, the costs will drop, UNLESS you always rush out and buy a product people rave about on hair boards (i.e become a PJ)

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
the initial costs are high as you are trying to find what works for your hair. but as you get to know what it likes, the costs will drop, UNLESS you always rush out and buy a product people rave about on hair boards (i.e become a PJ)

[/ QUOTE ]
ITA!!!!!

keiron

well damn people have told me to buy this and that that most stuff i dont even use anymore so i stick now to what i like and thats it.....its krazy cause i got alot of stuff that i dont use and my sister dont use it so i might throw some stuff away.heheh

Integrity

keiron you can exchange them with people on the board!! are u in london,t ehre are a few here and i am partly based there as well so please post them on the product exchange board

TinyT

Well, I don't feel bad about buying salon products for my hair. I take care of my own hair, so I actually save money. I don't have to pay $20-60 dollars for things i can do at home. I also try to take advantage of sales at the store where I buy my salon products, and I even have a frequent buyers card to make my purchases count toward savings. These products last quite a while too.

Tracy

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't feel bad about buying salon products for my hair. I take care of my own hair, so I actually save money. I don't have to pay $20-60 dollars for things i can do at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good way to look at it... Buying & using your own products is a whole lot cheaper than going to the salon every week!!!!!!!!!!

CaramelKiss

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't feel bad about buying salon products for my hair. I take care of my own hair, so I actually save money. I don't have to pay $20-60 dollars for things i can do at home. I also try to take advantage of sales at the store where I buy my salon products, and I even have a frequent buyers card to make my purchases count toward savings. These products last quite a while too.

Tracy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with u Tracy! Since I moved to Germany, I have been forced to take care of my hair, but u know what? Not only has it saved me money, but I am doing a better job than those heat and grease salons I used to go too. And as for products, I look for the best deals I can get and if it doesn't work, then I transform myself into the kitchen chemist and make it work unless it's really bad!!!

And u are right, certain products like evoo will go a long way. I also agree with Pandora, the costs will drop once u find your staples and steer clear of PJism.

Integrity

me too CK, moving to germany has also forced me to take care of my own hair instead of relying on stylists.

nita4

FYI ladies: at Just4hair - no sales tax or shipping charges on domestic orders over $30.00.

I use Nexxus products so this worked out perfectly for me.

L

ladybug

YES BUYING PRODUCTS DOES PUT A DENT IN YOUR POCKET IN THE BEGINING BUT ONCE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR HAIR LIKES...ONE CAN FIND JUST THE RIGHT PRODUCTS TO USE..

Country gal

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In the beginning, you buy different stuff and end up sticking with what works. I don't spend nearly as much because I do have a routine. I have Elucence Clarifying and conditioning shampoo which are in big bottles. The product is really good so I can use smaller amounts but still yield great results. Thanks, Sweet Cocoa for convincing me to buy it. I also try to use up any product I buy before running out and getting a new one.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
BTW what is PJism?

[/ QUOTE ]

.... I'm not laughing at u... I'm laughing cuz this "PJism" is an issue in itself...

"PJ".... Product Junkie

"PJism"..... overwhelming urge, desire to buy "more" hair products, usually the "rave products"

I wanna be one, but i'm tooooo "hair" cheap... can't keep up withem'

editing to answer the thread question...
I spend on avg less than $20 month.

Allandra

I have no idea how much I spend on my hair. I can say that my products last a good amount of time though. So, I don't have to buy them that often.