How much do you spend monthly on hair?

LynnieB

If replacing used products, about $10-15 in that particular month. Usually it's less than $5.00 spent on elastic bands, headbands, bobbypins, etc.. There's been quite a few months when it was $0

This wasn't the case in my first year natural though :grin:.

Now I consider myself to be extremely low maintenance.

anon123

It probably averages out to $15. Some months I'll spend nothing, some months I'll spend more than that. All of my products last me multiple months.

Oh, but that doesn't include accessories. That probably averages out to another $10-$15/mo.

happylife

somewhere between 20 -50 on avg. i am a product junkie so reading reviews on this forum only makes we want to go out and try lots of things i would have maybe walked by otherwise.

ChristmasCarol

I just started my HHJ about 6 weeks ago, so I had to stock up from scratch - flat iron and products. I've probably spent about $400 so far, but I'm sure it'll go down to about $50/month for me and my 3 DDs. When my husband's friends tell him how much their wives and daughters spend monthly going to beauty salons every 2 weeks, he thinks we're quite a bargain.
However, this board is making me a conditioner and oil junkie. I bought 9 or 10 conditioners in the past month. I LOVE CONDITIONERS!!! Sometimes I'll use just one to see how I like it, but most co-washes (4x/wk) I mix them all together and add EVOO, coconut oil, and castor oil. My hair loves every conditioner I've bought. Thanks guys for the conditioner tips!