Proctive Style: Braids or Lace Front Wig?

Which is a better protective style?

• Lace Front Wig

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Braids

Votes: 66 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bamachic08

i have a beautiful lf on and i paid 96.00....my forehead is high so i dont worry about the hairline as i can lower mine and it actually loooks natural.the trickis to not have a straight edged hairline.meaning try to shape the lace as you pull it down....that way it wont look fake.id go with the lf bc you can take it off in ten minutes vs taking 5 hours to remove your braids.and you can wash and care for your hair more.

l0vethyself

How do you make your wigs last 8 weeks? I've been buying wigs every 3 weeks.
hI, S0rry it t00k me s0 l0ng t0 resp0nd! My wigs last by using very l0w manipulati0n. I just used a big c0mb and g0. I als0 never use shamp00 0n my wigs, unless I went t0 the club and it smells like sm0ke. I run s0me sauve $1 shamp00 thr0ugh it, use s0me thermasilk heat pr0tectant, and make sure y0u use c0ld water. I then let it dry 0n a hanger 0ver my sh0wer 0vernight. I think lightly 0il it. I d0 this after the 3rd week mark and c0nsecutively each weekend after that. H0pe this helps!

femmemuscle

braids!

I am growing my hair back from being bald for a year. the LAST thing to grow in was the sides and the crown. This was from extensive hair damage 2 years ago. The way my beautician cornrows my hair, She literally covers the hair line in order for the sides to fill in. It works.

I was going to try lacefronts, and found it was too hard and time consuming for me to work with putting them on. Every 4-6 weeks i go through 1 1/2 hours of braiding, but after that? it's a breeze. And the bonuses? I get to sleep in a bit later in the morning, and i don't have to stand there primping in the mirror. No body comes up and gives me "track" check, and nobody questions me: "Is that your hair?"