How often....

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
How often should you do hot oil treatments? Oh and protein treatments? I haven't done any and it's just been on my mind lately /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith

I do hot oils 1x/week. And I do MILD protein treatments 2x/month. I'm going to start doing INTENSE protein treatments every 6 weeks (BUT then I figure if it ain't broke....). I think maintaining the hair with a mild one every 2 weeks should be good...imo. ESPECIALLY if it's not breaking or you have an aversion to too much protein.

Queenie

I do hot oil & mild protien 1x/wk. I use Dominican conditioners and coconut/olive oil.

webby

Think Slim
I stopped doing hot oil treatments, because I was told that if done incorrectly, they can cause damage.

I do, however use Keraphix and Emergencee, alternating between them and Sebastian penetraitt each week.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
I stopped doing hot oil treatments, because I was told that if done incorrectly, they can cause damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know this sort of makes sense, because I've experienced terrible shedding if I apply my hot oil treats while dry. I think it works best on clean wet hair.

kitchen_tician

I cut-n-paste from my hair tine:

. Protein treatment (ION’s Effective Care protein treat)
. Re-constructor (I.C. Reconstructor)
. Re-constructor (Affirm 5 n 1)
. Protein treatment (Nexxus Emergencee Protein)

(I may use dryer w/ cap or maybe leave it in for a couple of hours)

*I treat with a protein/reconstructor treatment 2x per month
*A hot oil treat 1-2 per month
*Affirm 5 n 1 (reconstructor) always with relaxer applied immediately after rinsing relaxer and prior to neutralizing poo)

NOTE {There's no real rhyme or reason when using my protein and reconstructor treatments. I do a reconstructor 2 weeks prior to relaxer, reconstructor during relaxer, and protein treat 2 weeks after relaxer. After that it's whatever I feel like.} I need to make it more accurate.

Faith

I use Affirm 5 and 1, AO GPB and Elasta QP Intense.
I have been thinking my hair isn't digging the hot oils. My hair always seems a bit dry after I use a hot oil. I don't have any such problems if I just do a deep conditioner....hmmmmmm.

Faith

I think if it's too hot...dunno. But I'm sure that would damage the scap as well. I don't think I have actually heard of actually hot oil damages though...lol

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
How can hot oil damage the hair? I never heard that

[/ QUOTE ]

A hairstylist mentioned this in one of my Hair magazines, I don't want to misname him so I won't guess at his name right now. I'm not at home so I can't check right now.