How you ever tried to talk to someone about......

blazingthru

HAIR CARE and how to grow their hair long and take better care of it when a relative sits right in the middle and counteracts everything you said and cuts you off as if you dont' know what your talking about, Even while your explaining why you need to use this product and why it benefits your hair and they dont' have a clue what the products is? I was struggling trying to explain to someone why I use what I use. How it affects my hair and what the purpose of it was and then had someone getting right in the middle cutting me off. Well this person said you know what you need to do you need to get some mane and tail and I said oh I got the original. Now mind you the person I was talking to believes what I am saying because 3 years ago I gave her a full bottle of MT and her hair grew right back in, grew all down her back she was using MT everyday. I don't care about that I don't like the stuff so I wasn't interested in it but it shut Ms. I want to let you know I know everything about hair up. when she said yeah that stuff do work, I just ran out of it and didn't know where to get it. (I gave her mines. I had it for three years) But it only lasted a moment, I just stopped talking and let her take the floor. If she really want to know she will have to ask me privately. People don't really want to know, they just want the quick fix. Like losing weight I really dont' want to do the hard work I want the quick fix but I know the hard work works.

hopeful

Did miss know it all have healthy-looking and or a nice length of hair? Just curious. It sounds like the person you were talking to was interested but neither of you could get a word in. Hopefully you and the lady can finish your conversation later in private.

Last edited:

wheezy807

You're absolutely right! I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. A coworker stop me dead in my tracks to ask me how did i get my hair so long. As i proceeded to explain to her another lady who was sitting in front of us begin putting herself into the conversation. It went from that to what she puts in her hair. "Feel my hair, isn't it thick, blah, blah..." I felt her chin length hair (she's been chin length since i started 3yrs. ago) and nodded. I listened for about two minutes more and walked off. Why waste my breath?

Gracie

Nope. I don't explain or go into detail with anybody unless they are sincerely asking, just to avoid what you all have gone through.

blazingthru

Did miss know it all have healthy-looking and or a nice length of hair? Just curious. It sounds like the person you were talking to was interested but neither of you could get a word in. Hopefully you and the lady can finish your conversation later in private.
she was trying to loc her hair. I was looking at it because it looked so funny ( not very nice in my opinion) and so I said to her oh you have to cut out the relaxer and she said to me that she did not have a relaxer in her hair and I could clearly see there was a relaxer, her ends were completely straight, but shoot, I don't know everything so I was silent about it but you know how that kind of just sticks with you. last night 6 months later, she said oh I haven't had a relaxer in two years then it hit me she did still have relaxer in her hair but people think they are natural when they are not.

blazingthru

You're absolutely right! I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. A coworker stop me dead in my tracks to ask me how did i get my hair so long. As i proceeded to explain to her another lady who was sitting in front of us begin putting herself into the conversation. It went from that to what she puts in her hair. "Feel my hair, isn't it thick, blah, blah..." I felt her chin length hair (she's been chin length since i started 3yrs. ago) and nodded. I listened for about two minutes more and walked off. Why waste my breath?
Exactly thats why I stopped talking. I gave the woman whom I was talking to first the MT and explained about it but here goes Ms know it all trying to shut it down then say why don't you give me some of that I was no more good after that. I wouldn't comment anymore. The original person asked for my reg but I wasn't going to give it out. I decided I wasn't going to share anything about my hair anymore, unless the person is serious and seek me out other then that Nada is getting out of me. Because just like you were saying the original person was looking at your hair what made her eyes shifted over to chinlenght I will never know.

BostonMaria

I can tell when people want to really listen and who's looking for a quick fix. The people that are serious are constantly contacting me for help/clarification. The ones looking for a quick fix just kinda nod and give me excuses of why their hair won't grow.

blazingthru

I can tell when people want to really listen and who's looking for a quick fix. The people that are serious are constantly contacting me for help/clarification. The ones looking for a quick fix just kinda nod and give me excuses of why their hair won't grow.
I agree, she hasn't called me she was happy to get the bottle of MT don't want to know anything else will talk to the other woman and that is fine with me. I have nothing to prove to anyone but to me. But the problem is she is having breakage, she needs moisturizers and protein treatments but I didn't get a chance to explain it all to her with all the cut offs. So whatever I am moving on.

BostonMaria

I agree, she hasn't called me she was happy to get the bottle of MT don't want to know anything else will talk to the other woman and that is fine with me. I have nothing to prove to anyone but to me. But the problem is she is having breakage, she needs moisturizers and protein treatments but I didn't get a chance to explain it all to her with all the cut offs. So whatever I am moving on.

Don't be surprised if she doesn't even use the MT
Some people aren't really interested in an answer :nono: