How's Your Atmosphere....

PinkPebbles

How’s Your Atmosphere?
By Dr. Dale Robbins
Acts 16:23-26

This Bible story begins the unjust arrest of Paul and Silas. Because they had cast a spirit of divination out of a girl, the local Philippian authorities beat them and then threw them into a jail cell.

Besides the trauma of the severe beating, they were fastened in stocks which clamped their arms and legs in an immobile position, causing cramps and loss of circulation. The atmosphere there was depressing.

According to the standards of that day, a prison was more like the resemblance of a dungeon. A dark, damp, stench-ridden place, with no facility for waste or comforts of any kind.

Yet, in spite of the throbbing pain in their bodies and the disheartening atmosphere, at midnight Paul and Silas were heard praying and singing praises to God!

What a strange sound this must have been to the other prisoners, who were used to only hearing the groans or cursing of those who had been beaten.

Then suddenly, there was an earthquake that shook the prison! The doors flung open, and amazingly, the bonds of Paul, Silas, and every other prisoner were released!

What caused this mighty discharge of power?

Paul and Silas knew the secret of how to lift their hearts above their troubles and enter into God’s presence and power. Through praise and worship their hearts were raised into the joyous presence and peace of God, and provided God a channel for his power to operate in their circumstances.

Praise elevates us into God’s Presence and Power

As Believers in Christ we have the ability to change the atmosphere.
Everywhere we go let’s change the atmosphere and experience God’s power.

{Encourage, Pray, Praise, Worship, Smile, Laugh, Love, Reconcile, Forgive}

Heavenly Father, I’m ready to start impacting those around me. Give me the strength and courage to start changing the atmosphere at work and in my home through Your Holy Spirit. Amen.
Jentezen Franklin

Last edited:

felic1

This chapter is my favorite in the entire Bible. The jailer went straight from beating them to calling them sir!!

Nice Lady

How’s Your Atmosphere?
By Dr. Dale Robbins
Acts 16:23-26

This Bible story begins the unjust arrest of Paul and Silas. Because they had cast a spirit of divination out of a girl, the local Philippian authorities beat them and then threw them into a jail cell.

Besides the trauma of the severe beating, they were fastened in stocks which clamped their arms and legs in an immobile position, causing cramps and loss of circulation. The atmosphere there was depressing.

According to the standards of that day, a prison was more like the resemblance of a dungeon. A dark, damp, stench-ridden place, with no facility for waste or comforts of any kind.

Yet, in spite of the throbbing pain in their bodies and the disheartening atmosphere, at midnight Paul and Silas were heard praying and singing praises to God!

What a strange sound this must have been to the other prisoners, who were used to only hearing the groans or cursing of those who had been beaten.

Then suddenly, there was an earthquake that shook the prison! The doors flung open, and amazingly, the bonds of Paul, Silas, and every other prisoner were released!

What caused this mighty discharge of power?

Paul and Silas knew the secret of how to lift their hearts above their troubles and enter into God’s presence and power. Through praise and worship their hearts were raised into the joyous presence and peace of God, and provided God a channel for his power to operate in their circumstances.

Praise elevates us into God’s Presence and Power

As Believers in Christ we have the ability to change the atmosphere.
Everywhere we go let’s change the atmosphere and experience God’s power.

{Encourage, Pray, Praise, Worship, Smile, Laugh, Love, Reconcile, Forgive}

Heavenly Father, I’m ready to start impacting those around me. Give me the strength and courage to start changing the atmosphere at work and in my home through Your Holy Spirit. Amen.
Jentezen Franklin

Great read and reminder. Praise done with faith changes things because things don't remain they same. Once God gets involved, it's powerful and amazing. Congrats, on completing the 60 days of prayer.

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

Another Dimension

Scripture teaches that there are spiritual battles taking place all around us because we live in two worlds at the same time. One is a physical world that we can see, smell, hear, touch, and taste. The other is a spiritual world. We cannot see it with the natural eye or experience it with the rest of our natural senses, but it is very real.

Atmosphere plays a big role in connecting these two worlds. The devil knows the power of atmosphere. You can grow bananas in Jamaica but not Alaska. Why? The difference is the atmosphere. Atmosphere creates a climate and climate creates a culture. If the enemy can get you in his culture — at a wild party, for example — he knows he can get you to sin.

The same is true for the Holy Spirit. The atmosphere of holiness, purity, praise, worship, prayer, love, and unity attract the Holy Spirit — just as an atmosphere of lust, drunkenness, anger, and hatred attracts demonic spirits.

You impact your spirit by the atmosphere you choose.

Think About It

What kind of atmosphere does your life have? Are you attracting the Holy Spirit, or is the atmosphere just right for a demonic invasion?

Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, I want to create an atmosphere in my life where Your Spirit is welcome. Please fill my life with the Fruits of the Spirit so that I am a dwelling place for Your presence. Amen.

Scripture Reading: Ephesians 6:12

Jentezen Franklin

Last edited:

Leigh

Another Dimension Scripture teaches that there are spiritual battles taking place all around us because we live in two worlds at the same time. One is a physical world that we can see, smell, hear, touch, and taste. The other is a spiritual world. We cannot see it with the natural eye or experience it with the rest of our natural senses, but it is very real. Atmosphere plays a big role in connecting these two worlds. The devil knows the power of atmosphere. You can grow bananas in Jamaica but not Alaska. Why? The difference is the atmosphere. Atmosphere creates a climate and climate creates a culture. If the enemy can get you in his culture — at a wild party, for example — he knows he can get you to sin. The same is true for the Holy Spirit. The atmosphere of holiness, purity, praise, worship, prayer, love, and unity attract the Holy Spirit — just as an atmosphere of lust, drunkenness, anger, and hatred attracts demonic spirits. You impact your spirit by the atmosphere you choose. Think About It What kind of atmosphere does your life have? Are you attracting the Holy Spirit, or is the atmosphere just right for a demonic invasion? Prayer for Today Heavenly Father, I want to create an atmosphere in my life where Your Spirit is welcome. Please fill my life with the Fruits of the Spirit so that I am a dwelling place for Your presence. Amen. Scripture Reading: Ephesians 6:12 Jentezen Franklin

Exactly!

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12 NIV)

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives. (Proverbs 11:30 NIV)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22, 23 NIV)

PinkPebbles

The Glory of God’s Presence

Whither shall I go from Thy Spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, Thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me.” Psalm 139:7-12

The Places of His Presence

God is omnipresent. Has it ever dawned on you that God never has to go anywhere? God is everywhere. Sometimes we get the idea that God is at church. One thing you need to know is that God is everywhere! There is no place that God is not. There is not a movement but He sees it, a motive but He knows it, nor a murmur but He hears it.

Death, distance, or darkness cannot hide you from God. It’s a thrilling or a threatening thought depending on your relationship to God. But, what advantages are there to being in God’s presence?

There’s Power in His Presence

When you are discouraged, His presence will see you through. When you are in darkness, it is not darkness to God. When things don’t make sense and you can’t understand anything; just recognize that God is present. While you can’t see through that darkness, He can. When you learn how to apply the presence of the Lord, God will become a bright, living reality to you, seeing you through.

When you are lonely, His presence will cheer you up. People are lonely everywhere, but you can be alone and not lonely if you’ll practice the presence of the Lord. Oh, praise God for that! You know, I go for a drive with Jesus. I take a walk with Jesus. I read a book with Jesus. You see, He has time for me like there was no one else except me.

When you are worried, His presence will calm you down. He is with me. His enemies are my enemies, and my enemies are His enemies. I don’t have to worry if God is with me in trouble. I just thank God that His presence calms me.

When you are tempted, His presence will help you out. David knew temptation just like you do. But he said, “Oh God, You look into me.” Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to do wrong when you know somebody’s watching? Friend, you can’t lock God out. God sees every act. He’ll help you when you’re tempted.

We Must Practice His Presence
How can you make this real in your life? How can you take this from the realm of theory and let it transform your life?

Consciously think about His presence. You need to stop several times a day and just get quiet. The Bible says, “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10) Read and meditate on this psalm over and over again. Have a quiet time with God where you look into His face. Tell yourself that God is present.

Carry on a constant conversation with God. The psalmist is talking to God, not about God. He’s having a conversation. Talk to God about everything and fellowship with Him just as you would a friend. Share with Him your fears and your joys.

Have you ever heard anybody say, “Well, you know, my prayers never get above the ceiling”? That’s part of the problem. God is underneath the ceiling, so you don’t have to shoot your prayers to outer space. You talk with God, not pray at God. Learn to just talk with the Lord.

Develop a spirit of praise. You know, the Bible says that God inhabits the praises of His people. (Psalm 22:3) When you praise Him, God reveals Himself to you. Now, He’s always present, but He manifests Himself when you praise. If you’re having difficulty praying, begin to praise. You’ll have an ocean to swim in. Just praise the Lord!

If you can get this truth riveted into your soul, it will change your life. God is near, and we can bask in the glory of His presence.

Adrian Rogers

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
PinkPebbles, I esp. agree that this is so true!

Develop a spirit of praise. You know, the Bible says that God inhabits the praises of His people. (Psalm 22:3) When you praise Him, God reveals Himself to you. Now, He’s always present, but He manifests Himself when you praise. If you’re having difficulty praying, begin to praise. You’ll have an ocean to swim in. Just praise the Lord!

If you can get this truth riveted into your soul, it will change your life. God is near, and we can bask in the glory of His presence.

Adrian Rogers