:::I am NEVER, EVER, mentioning ya''ll again:::

AnjelLuvs

:::I am NEVER, EVER, mentioning ya\'\'ll again:::

Well my friend as I have stated before asks me about hair, so I tell her I am apart of this hair board, yadda, yadda, so I wannted to show her my fotki pics, but I told her not to laugh, this was over IM, and dont u know she wrote LOL, but did leave a comment in my album, I just hate when people think that "WE" go over board with our hair, She even said, your hair is the same length as mine and you cut yours off, you have good hair cause it grows back so fast. I was like no because I can recall when I was younger struggling to get my hair to grow. I just told her no it is the care.

Vanessa22

Re: :::I am NEVER, EVER, mentioning ya\'\'ll again:::

Well Angel just keep doing what you're doing! Some people just aren't going to understand.

MizAvalon

I agree Angel. I told a friend that I joined up here and she thought I was insane. Just let your hair do the talking. We'll see who's laughing when you reach your goal and everyone is sweating ANGEL and begging her to share tips!

OnceUponAtime

Re: :::I am NEVER, EVER, mentioning ya\'\'ll again::

Whew girl, you went from chin length to below shoulder in just 6-7 months! Grow on!!
Your friend was in hate mode, but don't fret, that was just her shock at how well you're doing. Continue to encourage her when she asks for advice, because she will ask for it much more as you continue to succeed!

Falon

Girl your hair looks good! Don't worry about people who don't get it. I lent my friend (the one who's hairdresser is damn near bald and is making her bald) My UBH 2000 book and tried to give her a clue. Now, she got eyes to see that my hair is starting to look really good and yet she thinks it's B.S! Whatever!

Scasey

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
Well my friend as I have stated before asks me about hair, so I tell her I am apart of this hair board, yadda, yadda, so I wannted to show her my fotki pics, but I told her not to laugh, this was over IM, and dont u know she wrote LOL, but did leave a comment in my album, I just hate when people think that "WE" go over board with our hair, She even said, your hair is the same length as mine and you cut yours off, you have good hair cause it grows back so fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

HMMM
she asks for advice then has the nerve to criticize. Sounds like a little hatin' to me. People can be so critical. Keep up the good work doll, your hair looks great!

ricochet

[ QUOTE ]
MizAvalon said:
I agree Angel. I told a friend that I joined up here and she thought I was insane. Just let your hair do the talking. We'll see who's laughing when you reach your goal and everyone is sweating ANGEL and begging her to share tips!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree.
You won't have to say a word when your hair just keeps getting longer and thicker. THEN after they see that, the questions will start pouring in. That's what's wrong with us, we are too impatient. We want to see IMMEDIATE results when we all know(on this board
) that it takes time and patience.

myco

I find that when people ask you point blank what you do, but then criticize it as being "over the top" or "obsessed", it's more about them not having the patience or willingess to commit to a long term goal. They just want a magic bullet/overnight answer to fix a problem that took months or years to create. Instead of just admitting that, they make it look like you're the one who's out of control.

I had a friend who used to comment all the time about what I did to my hair. I had to explain to her that I don't do a lot to my hair, I'm just consistent in what I do. That's why I get consistent results. The same as with anything else in life. After she heard that a couple of times, she stopped saying it.

phynestone

I've already mentioned this site to a few of my friends and they think I'm crazy. People always had nasty things to say about what I did w/ my hair, especially when it was natural, but now that my hair has grown a bit, I don't really hear a lot of negative comments. Don't worry, when your hair reaches bra strap, haters will flock to you like bumblebees to honey.

carletta

"JEALOUSY" JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND! KEEP DOIN WHAT YA DO HONEY AND LET THE HATERS DO WHAT THEY DO BEST ( NOTHING! )

sugawooga

I find that people want hair care advice from me but when I tell them where I go the info they think I'm some computer geek. Since I've been part of this forum I see a big change in my hair. It looks soooo much more healthy and shiny than before and it had grown since I've joined too. Apparently other people notice my hair change too because alot of women ask me what I'm doing to my hair. When i tell them I'm part of a forum that promotes long hair for women of color they look at me like this:
so, I don't mention the LHCF anymore but also, since I don't mention it to people I don't spectulate what I do to my hair with other either. It's not fair for them to want advice but rejecting the source. That's just plain wrong.

sugawooga

...oh, and when people react that way to me and the LHCF it just fuels me to want to get the long hair I desire.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum

my hair is in the best condition it has ever been in all my life. the other day me and my mom were out and she was like I want me hair to blow in the wind like yours, mind you she has below shoulder length hair but she doesnt wash it but once a month and doesnt really use anything on it because we both have fine hair that gets weighed down easily. She would not want to put in the work required to maintain her hair. Then one of my other friends who had fried, dyed, and just killed her hair thinks she knows how to take care of her hair but is reduced to wigs,weaves, and braids because her own hair is lifeless and thin. She is mixed and growing up had thick long hair and I know she could "bring it back" if she would put in the time to care for it

carletta

[ QUOTE ]
sugawooga said:
I find that people want hair care advice from me but when I tell them where I go the info they think I'm some computer geek. Since I've been part of this forum I see a big change in my hair. It looks soooo much more healthy and shiny than before and it had grown since I've joined too. Apparently other people notice my hair change too because alot of women ask me what I'm doing to my hair. When i tell them I'm part of a forum that promotes long hair for women of color they look at me like this:
so, I don't mention the LHCF anymore but also, since I don't mention it to people I don't spectulate what I do to my hair with other either. It's not fair for them to want advice but rejecting the source. That's just plain wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

say it again girl!!! say it again!!!

Shawn

I have only mentioned it to my parents. But I have mentioned it more than once. I can tell that they think I'm crazy, and that this is a phase I'll get over soon. My mom was putting castor oil in her hair one day (she is a cancer patient and is starting over with about one inch of hair--her hair used to be shoulder length before the chemo). I told her that I had heard about people using castor oil from the board, and she seemed intrigued. But when I mentioned to her that people had posted before and after pictures, she was skeptical and said that if I looked behind the scenes, I would find that y'all were selling something. LOL!! Well, she's 67 and set in her ways, but I love her. Even though she permed my hair at age 4, I know she was doing the best she could (since I ran screaming from the hot comb). But, alas, I'm babbling . . .

starz

I haven't mentioned the board to anyone. I've given a few tips here and there, but I don't tell the source.