I broke down and bought a hair brush...

lana

I can't believe I actually uploaded some pictures. :) Anyways I broke down and bought a brush the other day at Marshalls. It's a nice brush with these plastic like bristles and it says that it won't break your hair off on the brush. I had been eyeing it for three months. Now mind you I only finger comb my hair AND come on wash day only AND I haven't owned a brush in about six years. Mainly because of LHCF and the rules about low manipulation and combing - which have worked for me. But now I'm at and beyond my goal length of APL and almost to BSL (two inches to grow and three to pass it) and anyways...I brushed on dry hair and OMG the results were that my hair detangled beautifully and really moved a lot better!!!

So last night I washed and deep conditioned and then I let it air dry...after detangling with my new brush on WET hair. I was VERY careful and worked from the ends up and I didn't notice that I loss ANY hair in the brush. Well this morning (I never air dry because I'm basically natural textured but TEXLAXED) I took down my dried hair from two pony tails and guess what? Detangled, tangle free hair. I brushed each section from the bottom up before flat ironing with my new Sedu Revolution 1 inch! Now I am at work swinging my hair from left to right, because every strand is separated and hanging beautifully. Oh and I used Coconut oil to seal everything and of course I used my FHI Hot Sauce as a heat protectant.

Anyways my new brush is my new best friend and for those that want to give brushing a try...do so! I wish I had found this out earlier. I could have saved a LOT of hair. Because the thing is I lost about 1/4 of the hair that I normally lose on wash day!!! Success!!!:drunk:

Attachments

• Hair shot.jpg
    Hair shot.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Better Hair Shot.jpg
    Better Hair Shot.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

lana

I have attached a picture of a brush that's almost the exact same one as what I used. Surprisingly it reminds me of the Denman brush, but mine was not a Denman Brand and again I got it from Marshalls in the cosmetics aisle.

Attachments

• Almost the same Brush.jpg
    Almost the same Brush.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 28

brucebettye

I use my denam brush when I detangle once a week, maybe I will try this one since you did not lose that much hair. Thanks for the info.

Fhrizzball

Are there ball tips on the end? Ball tips pull my hair and can't even use the jilbere shower combe because of it. I'm glad to see it work for you.

lana

Re: I bought a BRUSH and it WORKED for me!!!

Oh I'm not suggesting that anyone go buy this brush from Marshall's (lol). It works for my 4a/b hair type and it doesn't rip anything out. But again, I haven't used a brush in years. Just a large tooth comb and my fingers to smooth. It really helps get my ends straight. Especially in parts where I am still natural and too scared to correct. (lol)