I dont comb my hair everyday...

Blackbird77

I forgot to add that I've been natural since June 1999. So finger combing has been a great thing for me. Candy C, I do the same thing as far as putting my hair in braids and finger combing. Even right out of the shower I towel dry, add a moisturizer, section my hair and finger comb each section before braiding - 3 plaits on each side of my head. I oil/water the end of each braid during and after the process and I put on a silk scarf and go to bed. I've been doing this for over 6 mos. now and my hair has never been as long as it is now in my life. When I stretch my hair, it's basically bra-strap length but I'm not claiming it yet because it's not a full bsl. If/when my hair thickens up a little it will probably look the length. I haven't straightened it super straight so I don't really know how it looks.

Last edited:

dlewis

This is a great thread. My mother mentioned that in RI, where she lives, women who have very long hair, of other races don't comb their hair everyday. They say thst's how they maintain their length.

lolascurls

This is a great thread.
I only comb once a week now and last week I went 2 weeks without combing, Just finger combing inbetween after tea rinses!
It works! ;)
I think I'm going to solidify this into my regimen and practice more no-heat styles. At the moment, I'm using buns to keep me from playing in my hair. I simple smooth on some leave-in, Seal with oil, spray the bun and cover with a satin scarf for bed!
And the thickness of my ends is wonderful too! :)